PDA

View Full Version : Good news everyone

uberjack
July 20th, 2007, 07:54
The speed hogging component of SMS Plus has been identified as the FM emulation engine. Look forward to full-speed emulation with VSync at 222Mhz for the next version of SMS Plus PSP :)

Veskgar
July 20th, 2007, 08:33
Look forward to full-speed emulation with VSync at 222Mhz for the next version of SMS Plus PSP :)

:eek:

YES! I cannot wait. Thanks for keeping the the PSP retro once again with classic emulation.

DarthPaul
July 20th, 2007, 08:53
Yes! Go for it!

tanukikun
July 20th, 2007, 09:31
Fantastic! I'm all for Emu's that I can run at 222 and max my battery life. (Carrying 2-3 batteries around gets old...)

Justise
July 20th, 2007, 10:16
SMS?

What does it emulate?
All those emulators have strange names...

-Xandu-
July 20th, 2007, 10:23
SMS stands for Sega Master System.

Hungry Horace
July 20th, 2007, 11:55
http://www.spurgeonworld.com/blog/images/farnsworth.jpg

"good news everyone!!" - lmao

seriously though, this is good... although i have been more than content running "MMSplus" on my PSP, its good to see a healthy bit of competition, and on-going development still happening.

question: is SMSplus open source?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 20th, 2007, 14:56
anything thats gonna be full speed is wicked! can't wait.

Buddy4point0
July 20th, 2007, 16:59
awsome full speed will be great.
i cant wait to play my sms games at full speed.

xg917
July 20th, 2007, 17:11
if only daedalus could go full speed...

once this new version comes out its going on my memory stick! :D

robocelot
July 20th, 2007, 17:46
The speed hogging component of SMS Plus has been identified as the FM emulation engine. Look forward to full-speed emulation with VSync at 222Mhz for the next version of SMS Plus PSP :)

Is the FM emulation for the Mark III add on FM hardware or the standard TI sound chip?

As far as I'm aware, only a few games really used that additional FM sound (Phantasy Star for the Japanese Mark III is probably the only signifigant one) so it might be wise to disable that emulation alltogether and/or make it user selectable if they do want the FM sound.

da1writer
July 20th, 2007, 18:07
Great find uberjack, I knew you would have found a way! I agree with robocelot in inputting an option to turn FM Emulation on or off. Some games us it but as said before, most games don't. Hopefully we will see your release very soon ;)! Oh by the way, did you ever find the bug that made Sonic Blast and Sonic 2 go too fast, music portion I mean?

Overall, it's great to see this emulator get updated frequently, I like it when developers/programmers keep updating their creations. I really don't like others who drop by and give us an update and leave the scene forever with bugs/speed still not addressed *cough* synz and Stereomike *cough*.

suikosource
July 20th, 2007, 20:29
http://www.toxicshock.tv/interviews/billy_west/zoidberg_futurama_billy_wes.jpg

no really guys this is useful indeed!

ICE
July 20th, 2007, 22:06
very nice. sms would be very nice indeed full speed at a battery saving 222mhz.