PDA

View Full Version : PSPIRC: IRC Client for PSP v1.0.1 (IR Keyboards support)

zx-81
July 20th, 2007, 11:01
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspirc-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

PSPIRC is a basic IRC client for the PSP (see Internet Relay Chat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat)).

This first release has the following main features :

- IR keyboard support
- Danzeff virtual keyboard for all text input
- Profiles to store Login/IRC servers datas
- Save log files
- etc ...

* Credits and license : *

It is mainly based on the IRC engine written by Danzel, and the user
interface i wrote for PSPSSH.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library)

This software is distributed under GNU V2 License, see GPLV2.txt file
for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.40-OE, and for
the IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR
Wireless keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Many thanks to Danzel for his Virtual kerboard and his IRC stuff,
and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Special thanks to Snaap06 for EBOOT icons.

It's a first beta release and work still remain !

Enjoy, :thumbup:

Zx

DarthPaul
July 20th, 2007, 12:28
Awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on a Targus IR Keyboard.. can I buy locally? In any store,or does it has to be online?

zx-81
July 20th, 2007, 12:45
Awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on a Targus IR Keyboard.. can I buy locally? In any store,or does it has to be online?

You can find it on ebay for an affordable price (< 20$)

DarthPaul
July 20th, 2007, 12:59
I don't have a Credit Card...neither my parents or any close person do,so I can't buy from ebay. Is there any other IR Keyboard which I could use for this stuff?

zx-81
July 20th, 2007, 13:04
I've tried only with a Targus ... Anyway i'm sure you can buy one in a shop where they sell PDA stuff ...

Peronthious
July 20th, 2007, 14:35
Receiving messages in channel and sending and receiving PMs works fine, but when I send messages in channel with the PSP client, I can't see them in my PC client. Anyone else having this issue?

siulmagic
July 20th, 2007, 16:22
grea release man im try this right now

RomComZom
July 20th, 2007, 16:56
this thing either locks up, or just goes back to the main config screen.

awdark
July 20th, 2007, 18:00
Does anyone know how to make a remap of the keyboard?

I have a ThinkOutside IR keyboard for my pocket pc and the key mapping is completely different.

zx-81
July 20th, 2007, 18:09
Does anyone know how to make a remap of the keyboard?

I have a ThinkOutside IR keyboard for my pocket pc and the key mapping is completely different.

First you have to choose the proper driver in the pspirkeyb.ini file, and then add/edit keymap files in the keymap directory.

By default the driver is the Targus one, and the keymap file is targus.ini that includes the targus-includes.ini (qwerty mapping).

240-185
July 20th, 2007, 18:35
After a try:

- The mode messages like "ProutServ sets mode +h TheDictator" don't have a return line (pas de retour à la ligne quoi)
- The letters in mode messages aren't shown (so we don't know if an user is +h -o or +v)
- At least, say that X is the key for entering something, I had to search all over the PSP...

However, it works in 3.51 M33 in GAME351 folder.

zx-81
July 20th, 2007, 19:45
After a try:

- The mode messages like "ProutServ sets mode +h TheDictator" don't have a return line (pas de retour à la ligne quoi)
- The letters in mode messages aren't shown (so we don't know if an user is +h -o or +v)
- At least, say that X is the key for entering something, I had to search all over the PSP...

However, it works in 3.51 M33 in GAME351 folder.

Thanks for your feedback :).

For your last point you can also press the Down cursor key.

Peronthious
July 20th, 2007, 23:01
Receiving messages in channel and sending and receiving PMs works fine, but when I send messages in channel with the PSP client, I can't see them in my PC client. Anyone else having this issue?

Alright, I've found the problem. Apparently, if you join a channel after connecting, your messages still go to the channel you were originally in. To move between channels, you have to completely reconnect. Otherwise, excellent client.

hartleyshc
July 21st, 2007, 03:05
this thing either locks up, or just goes back to the main config screen.

yeah same here. using m33-6.
gets to the wifi connection screen and stays frozen for a few seconds and then resets.

zx-81
July 21st, 2007, 07:51
Alright, I've found the problem. Apparently, if you join a channel after connecting, your messages still go to the channel you were originally in. To move between channels, you have to completely reconnect. Otherwise, excellent client.

Yes, mulitple channels are not supported for now (i will work on it).

DarthPaul
July 21st, 2007, 10:04
yeah same here. using m33-6.
gets to the wifi connection screen and stays frozen for a few seconds and then resets.

It should go in the GAME351 folder.

hartleyshc
July 21st, 2007, 15:11
It should go in the GAME351 folder.

It is. Im running WPA, so every wifi program needs to be in game3xx (51).

edit: disregard previous posts. memory card corruption.

Very excellent work. Very responsive and works incredibly well.

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 16:41
This program is running excellent! I'm using the 3x version in the GAME folder running M33 3.51-7. At first I had trouble connecting, but I later discovered that the reason is static connections don't work, only DHCP. Static support would be a welcome addition to the next version, zx-81. :)

Otherwise a great application. I've tried other IRC clients in the past, such as peldet, but it had bugs and used a difficult keyboard input. I like this one. I'll make it without an IR keyboard.

Text both sends and receives just fine, both PMs and in channels. Multi-channel support would be really great. You could use the shoulder buttons to scroll through channels (and rather use the analog nub to scroll up and down the text).

Thank you, zx-81 & Danzel. :)

By the way, one more thing: Why don't you post your releases in the PSP News forum as well? That would make your apps a lot more noticeable, and you would get more feedbacks.

zx-81
July 22nd, 2007, 18:48
This program is running excellent! I'm using the 3x version in the GAME folder running M33 3.51-7. At first I had trouble connecting, but I later discovered that the reason is static connections don't work, only DHCP. Static support would be a welcome addition to the next version, zx-81. :)

I haven't tested static connection since i'm using only DHCP at home :o. I will fix it :)

Multi-channel support would be really great. You could use the shoulder buttons to scroll through channels (and rather use the analog nub to scroll up and down the text).

I plan to add this feature :)

By the way, one more thing: Why don't you post your releases in the PSP News forum as well? That would make your apps a lot more noticeable, and you would get more feedbacks.

All my releases are posted on this forum, and appear in http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ with others PSP homebrew releases (but not in psp news forum).

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 23:25
Oh, that explains it. I never check the front page, I just have a bookmark straight into the forum front page. :p

But thanks for replying! I'm looking forward to the next update. Good luck! :)

zanco
July 24th, 2007, 01:54
Great Application Zx-81!
Keep up the good work. I truly love it!

... but something odd happens whenever I try to use Targus Keyboard.
When I disable the plugin, the app works just fine (again kudos for that), but when I enable the plugin for Targus keyboard, and I run the application and try connecting to my wifi network, it freezes at the last step of the connection (4 of 4) and I need to reboot the psp.

I don't know if others have gotten the same problem especially when trying to use the keyboard...

Other than that, it works fine :P

----- AGAIN: ----
Sorry to have bugged you. Zx-81, YOU RULEZ!

Never mind: Problem solved.

The problem was: I had Pikey installed and it launched itself automatically when I was running homebrew thus rendering the keyboard a direct substitute of the PSP keys. What needs to be done to fix it is to disable Pikey. Don't do this solely via the Recovery menu. Do so by holding the "SELECT" button when launching the Hombrew app :P
Great WORK Zx-81!!
Maybe it will be wiser if you were to put this little "SELECT THING FOR PieKey" in the Readme.txt file.

again, thanks! Keep it up!