PDA

View Full Version : it has come to my attention that i am supposed to be able to post in the news section

lmtlmt
July 20th, 2007, 13:24
it has come to my attention that i am supposed to be able to post in the news section, but i cant, if this is true some mod or Admin or whatver please fix this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Evon von Vampdragn
July 20th, 2007, 13:31
Don't you have to be apart of the news staff for that, they won't let me post in the blog.

lmtlmt
July 20th, 2007, 13:47
They say coders and lua coders are supposed to be able to post in the news section

Evon von Vampdragn
July 20th, 2007, 13:55
Oh i wouldn't know anything about that, i just a newbie. Where/Who do you go to get the title under your name fixed?

lmtlmt
July 20th, 2007, 14:01
Well i asume you are tying to become a blogger? you have to pm an admin and state what you are gooignt to contribute, as for me i had to release a homebrew project to get the lua coder title.

Safari Al
July 20th, 2007, 14:04
Yeah lmtlmt you should be able to post in the news section. You should pm a mod or something

Evon von Vampdragn
July 20th, 2007, 14:06
I just wanted it to say DCEMU Dragon, i just read the blogs. My interset seems to be here in the off topic section, because i can anwser more real life questions. It give my intellect somthing to do.

splodger15
July 20th, 2007, 14:11
I cant post there aswell lmtlmt so much for Lua coders able to post there.

Safari Al
July 20th, 2007, 14:13
Yeah you'll need to try to convince a mod or something

Triv1um
July 20th, 2007, 14:19
No all coders should be able to post.

Tell kaiser he was the one that made me a DCEmu Newsposter.

Evon von Vampdragn
July 20th, 2007, 14:27
But it says saturn user?

Triv1um
July 20th, 2007, 15:24
But it says saturn user?

Happy? i dont like to have the title showing anymore, because my PC is broken so i dont get the chance to post news (im browsing on my ps3 right now)

ExcruciationX
July 20th, 2007, 15:59
Why don't you just PM a mod?

BlueCrab
July 20th, 2007, 16:43
No all coders should be able to post.

Tell kaiser he was the one that made me a DCEmu Newsposter.

While I disagree somewhat with the notion that ALL coders should be able to newspost (due to past issues), I do agree with the statement that anyone who has questions about such issues should contact Kaiser.

And as a side note moderators can't do anything to make people newsposters, so contacting a mod won't do any good. You need an admin to set up permissions like that.

ninja9393
July 20th, 2007, 17:15
i was still able to post in the news section

quzar
July 20th, 2007, 17:19
While I disagree somewhat with the notion that ALL coders should be able to newspost (due to past issues), I do agree with the statement that anyone who has questions about such issues should contact Kaiser.

And as a side note moderators can't do anything to make people newsposters, so contacting a mod won't do any good. You need an admin to set up permissions like that.

I'm 99.9% sure that when he said "should be able to" he didn't mean, they deserve the right to, but that the permissions were at least at one point set up so that they could ;).

AFAIK LUA Coders (scripters) have never had blanket newsposting ability, and only "Coders" have. But then again, back when I joined the site (at the beginning of time) all coders were given mod powers too.

lmtlmt
July 21st, 2007, 00:31
That must have been crazy!!!!

quzar
July 21st, 2007, 00:40
That must have been crazy!!!!

Not really. Real coders tend to be much more well behaved. We NEVER had a problem with someone abusing their automatically granted mod powers.

Evon von Vampdragn
July 21st, 2007, 00:42
Quzar(ha i spelled it right XP) are you a admin since your name isn't green?

Malksta
July 21st, 2007, 01:35
Quzar(ha i spelled it right XP) are you a admin since your name isn't green?

Brown is for Senior Staff

Evon von Vampdragn
July 21st, 2007, 01:43
Ok understood. What do the other colors signafiy?

lmtlmt
July 21st, 2007, 02:29
Can i just get the ability to post ine the news section?

the only thing i'll post in there is my releases, like i wont mess it up or anything.