PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi's world's first Blu-ray camcorders coming this year

wraggster
July 20th, 2007, 15:35
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/20/hitachis-blu-ray-camcorders-coming-this-year/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/07/hitachi-8cm-bd-camcorders-440.jpg

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Meet the Blu-ray video cameras from Hitachi. Sure, at this point they're just non-functional mock-ups, but later in the year we can expect to see a series of camcorders featuring Hitachi's new 8cm BD/DVD drive bundled with a biggie, 5.3 megapixel CMOS sensor capable of recording at full 1,920 x 1,080 resolution. In fact, Hitachi claims that their Wooo-branded camcorders could be introduced as early as Fall. The cams would record up to 7GB of MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video on 8cm BD-RE/R media or 5 times less on 8cm DVD-RAM/RW/R discs. Uh, Hoozah?

ElRazur
July 20th, 2007, 16:13
Bring it on. I guess this is kinda showing that Bluray would probably be the main format of tommorow.

Demibeard
July 20th, 2007, 19:56
One does have to wonder that, given the price of a PS3 / Blu-Ray player, how stupidly expensive are one of these going to be? Still we'll be able to watch people making an arse of themselves on YBF in True-HD.

ElRazur
July 20th, 2007, 23:01
The price would be high initial (as with mmost new electronics) and would eventually be cheaper. Besides, sony cannot exactly control or determine the price like they did with ps3.

firedemon727
July 21st, 2007, 05:30
It kind of looks like those old 70s style cameras.

ICE
July 21st, 2007, 05:32
lol yes because i need to capture my life in full hd and i will pay thousands to do so!!

ElRazur
July 21st, 2007, 15:02
lol yes because i need to capture my life in full hd and i will pay thousands to do so!!

From your previous posts and what not, you seem to have a problem with anything Sony related....Gwad, i really cannot be bothered again.

iniquitous_beast
July 21st, 2007, 16:42
Why a 7gb limit? Blu-ray disks hold much more data than that. I hope they raise that limit to the full capacity of a BD-RW before this gets released.

Accordion
July 21st, 2007, 18:16
they only use 8cm discs. which means not full size. it also means no compatibility with slot loading drives. meaning not usable with PS3!

ICE
July 21st, 2007, 18:31
From your previous posts and what not, you seem to have a problem with anything Sony related....Gwad, i really cannot be bothered again.

lol guess you didnt read them did you..
i remember saying the ps3 is overpriced but a good product. maybe try reading my posts before talking about them ;)
if i had a problem with sony why would i have a ps1, ps2, and psp? i just think ps3 is too much money to be successful in the way ps2 was.

anywho back on topic now.

jdnation
July 21st, 2007, 22:18
It's worth it for those who want to make films and hi def content or important events... like Weddings and stuff. People will pay for quality wedding videos.