PDA

View Full Version : Wii Power Saves

wraggster
July 20th, 2007, 15:49
via fngspot (http://jayfng.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A5557A058F6EA78B!1642.entry)

Well, I finally got the 'OK' from my boss to talk about what I've been working my butt off on..... It's a product for the Nintendo Wii called "PowerSaves".

The Wii Power Saves is PC software and a 512MB SD memory card for $19.99. The SD card comes preloaded with 30+ Power Saves for the Nintendo Wii. So, if you don't have a memory card reader, or don't feel like installing the PC software right away, you can still access a bunch of content right off the bat.

If you're familiar with the Xbox ActionRepaly, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say "PowerSave". However, if you've never played with the Xbox AR, or have never even heard of it, you're probably saying "WTF is a PowerSave?" Well, it's not the 'pick up where so-and-so left off' game save that you may expect. PowerSaves are unique game saves that have been 'enhanced' to allow gamers to start off with special abilities, extra ammo, health, levels, and some even enable little extras that game developers never expected you to have access to.... Yeah, kind of like the infamous "Hot Coffee" cheat for Grand Theft Auto... but trust me, after all of the ruckus those PS2 codes and the Xbox save caused, I won't be doing anything like that again.

A more appropriate example of a unique PowerSave would be for The Ant Bully. There's no 'programmers cheat' that I know of that will allow you to enable the debug camera mode.... but there's a power save for it. With a press of the 2 button, the camera can be freely moved anywhere in the level, and with a press of the A button your character is instantly transported to that location.... pretty cool, but then again, it's for a not-so-popular game.... ok, how about starting off Super Paper Mario with 999/999 health, 999 coins, 99 strength, and every recipe? What about starting Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition with super health & ammo? Maybe starting off with the best weapons would be a little more fun? Well, I'm workin' on it!