PDA

View Full Version : Sony`s Reasons for the Early Release of PSP Slim in Europe

wraggster
July 20th, 2007, 16:01
Sony have announced today that they are releasing the PSP Slim in Europe (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/slim-psp-will-launch-in-europe-early-september-confirms-sony-69184.html) before Japan.

The reasons why are obvious, cast your mind back to the release of the Original PSP and Europe was a good 7 Months or more (hey im forgetful) behind Japan, That move led to a lot of companies importing into the UK and that started Sony getting a bit mardy towards those companies.

The advantage of importing means you get the console earlier than others in your country and at a much cheaper price usually.

Sony then took legal action against many UK Importers and most famously they managed to take down the at the time best Worldwide Gaming Shop Lik Sang.

Sony implied that the difference in power supplys would cause problems in the UK but in reality both the PSP and the PS3 have/use adapters that are worldwide friendly so lame excuse all round.

Nice to see that the UK/Europe isnt last on the list this time around but Sony you arent fooling anyone.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Reasons_for_the_Early_Release_of_PSP_Slim_in_Europ e)

Buddy4point0
July 20th, 2007, 16:52
thats nice but how about sending some crissis core psps to the us if u dont want to exclude any one. i will camp out at gamestop for one of those

yoshinatsu
July 20th, 2007, 17:22
At last some bonus for us here in Europe;)

eboy
July 20th, 2007, 17:31
At last, we get something before the rest of the world, Ill still stick with my Homebrew enabled PSP,

Oh how about if they hack 3.60 firmware, that would be sweet.

Aryn
July 20th, 2007, 18:00
I agree. I will likely stick with my old PSP system...that is, until I can use a custom firmware on the slim units. If I traded up right now I would not be able to use PSP Radio or any of the instant messenger programs, and the backups of game discs that broke under extensive use would not work either.

acn010
July 20th, 2007, 18:52
europe first??? oh wow lol
oh well i want one

Psyberjock
July 21st, 2007, 02:53
Congrats to all the Europeans out there! It's about time you got the respect you deserve.

Sony still doesn't quite grasp the idea that everyone wants it at the same time, though. Now they'll just have people importing from Europe to the rest of the world. What a load of imbeciles.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 21st, 2007, 10:40
Congrats to all the Europeans out there! It's about time you got the respect you deserve.

Sony still doesn't quite grasp the idea that everyone wants it at the same time, though. Now they'll just have people importing from Europe to the rest of the world. What a load of imbeciles.

lol, i agree with you man!:thumbup:

I live in the UK and i might get one, but I WANT THE CRISIS CORE ONE!!!!!:mad: ...................

Cokemusic
July 21st, 2007, 12:34

It's not a matter of respect , like stated in the initial post Sony are doing it as a means of reducing imports , this is finance related , Sony are not looking out for our interest but their own.

Way to go $ony , you don't fool me.

Basil Zero
July 21st, 2007, 20:22
hahaha Europeans getting it before for that reason is understandable though

Triv1um
July 21st, 2007, 23:23
Its about time, Sony are always biting our balls.

Lodis
July 22nd, 2007, 02:24
They aren't doing this because they care or respect the source of their income, they are doing it for themselves. I couldn't care less when they release this thin Psp unless it can run custom firmware and emulators.

MattZani
July 22nd, 2007, 15:48
Will they be dropping the price too? the £50 difference between US and UK is alot...

Hmm, Silver or Vader... Silver Me Thinks!

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 15:53
Its about time, Sony are always biting our balls.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

centralpark713
July 23rd, 2007, 09:18
ok ill wait

AvengedSevenfold Fan
July 23rd, 2007, 22:02
suprising

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 22:13
ALL I WANT IS FF7 crisis core special edition PSP, and crisis core UMD, i already have an old PSP wich will be better, but i swear i will have one of those special edition PSPs !