PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSP

rmedtx
July 20th, 2007, 16:29
Guys,

I just found out that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for download from the Playstation Network Store. It’s around $9.00 and it can be played in PS3 or PSP.

mike_jmg
July 20th, 2007, 16:53
gimme gimme gimme!!

penileartery
July 20th, 2007, 17:11
AHHH. hhaaha

yes! when i bricked my psp i thought i would never play it again. (i broke my cd after ripping it on my computer) then i deleted it.. but anyways!

ima download it right now

Ryupowerup
July 20th, 2007, 17:47
i think Castlevania: Symphony of the Night also part on the:
castlevania x chronicles

dankbeats
July 20th, 2007, 17:53
Yes I believe it will be an extra/unlockable in Castlevania x chronicles. It will also be in full screen on the psp. Now I wonder if the resolution is going to take a hit like it apparently did in Final Fantasy Tactics' psp version. The original SOTN looks glorious on the psp in 4:3.

Justise
July 20th, 2007, 18:19
USELESS!
The complete version of Castlevania:SotN will be available with DraculaX for PSP! I'm gona buy that UMD anyway! Why do I have to re-buy it from the PSstore!

wolfpack
July 20th, 2007, 18:25
youre all just better off buying dracula X chronicles (which the original Akumajou Dracula X: Chi No Rondo for the PC Engine is kickass by the way) and besides, if you have custom firmwire, you could just make your own EBoot of the game if you have your own copy. Its just kinda pointless to me to buy it if you already have the game and you could use it on your Custom Firmwire.

BrooksyX
July 20th, 2007, 19:21
I already bought it off of Xbox Live Arcade, its a pretty sweet game.

Tesseract
July 20th, 2007, 19:21
There are two main reasons for this. One is that you can't play Dracula X on a PS3, and the second is that if you JUST want SotN, then you only have to fork over $10 instead of $40 for a UMD that has other games you may not care about.

SpacemanSpiff
July 20th, 2007, 20:16
Good news for people who don't have custom firmware I guess, too bad I've already played through it three times on my PSP :p

Chackan
July 20th, 2007, 22:36
Still need a Ps3 to download it for the PSP right?...

HumanIce
July 20th, 2007, 22:51
Guys,

I just found out that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available for download from the Playstation Network Store. It’s around $9.00 and it can be played in PS3 or PSP.
lol, haha! you paid to play it on the PSP.. pff.. like I already have it playable on my PSP.. but the game is TOO hard.. all the castlevania games are too hard..
I thought it was kinda like the Metroid games for GBA or SNES.. but no.. its too friggin' hard, and you can't run in few of them, even the jumping is very annoying, and the game is just.. not even playable.. SOTN is for hardcore gamers that never give up, I WANT to play SOTN, it has awesome metal songs, and awesome bosses (like metroid 2D series), and just.. can't play it because its too hard..
and beating just 1 enemy can be a bitch.. and you never even get health, so you just walk trough the game.. with the same health as you had at beginning!??!?? thats unbeatable.. and castlevania is a sh** game thanks to that..

aadhu
July 20th, 2007, 23:05
HumanIce maybe u shud just stop playing video games?

Justise
July 21st, 2007, 00:06
My Favorite Castlevania is "Aria of Sorrow" for GBA!
SotN comes second dew to hard control (especially in Dog mode), the lack of weapons and the, the fact that the second castle is almost like the first, without new moves or destinations. Aside from that it was amazing (so it's my second favorite)!

However I haven't played "Round of Blood" Yet...

SpacemanSpiff
July 21st, 2007, 01:23

Seriously, SotN is one of the easiest video games of all time, I can't even fathom how someone could possibly find it hard unless they were playing through it with their eyes closed or something.

wolfpack
July 21st, 2007, 05:00
lol, haha! you paid to play it on the PSP.. pff.. like I already have it playable on my PSP.. but the game is TOO hard.. all the castlevania games are too hard..
I thought it was kinda like the Metroid games for GBA or SNES.. but no.. its too friggin' hard, and you can't run in few of them, even the jumping is very annoying, and the game is just.. not even playable.. SOTN is for hardcore gamers that never give up, I WANT to play SOTN, it has awesome metal songs, and awesome bosses (like metroid 2D series), and just.. can't play it because its too hard..
and beating just 1 enemy can be a bitch.. and you never even get health, so you just walk trough the game.. with the same health as you had at beginning!??!?? thats unbeatable.. and castlevania is a sh** game thanks to that..

obviously youve never used save points to restore your health :p:rofl:

HumanIce
July 21st, 2007, 12:56
obviously youve never used save points to restore your health :p:rofl:
save points don't do that.. man.. I saved a lot of times, and one time I saved with low health, so I couldn't get passed the first boss (not the one at beginning) even the first boss is impossible for me to beat with full health, I somehow got through all the beginning without losing health, then saved.. and tried and tried to beat him, but couldn't.. it just takes time.. about 8 HOURS MAYBE to beat him.. I don't have time like that to waste in my life.. so I say **** it.. I won't play castlevania any more.. its also a boring game.. and the story doesn't make any sence to me too..

jinqui242
July 21st, 2007, 13:03
I played this on PS1 years ago and I don't get the hype over it. I had more fun with the GBA editions. Still haven't gotten around to the DS games, but I'm sure they're pretty similar to the GBA games.

HumanIce
July 21st, 2007, 13:30
I played this on PS1 years ago and I don't get the hype over it. I had more fun with the GBA editions. Still haven't gotten around to the DS games, but I'm sure they're pretty similar to the GBA games.
I actually think the ones for DS are very good, it only that.. they might be too hard, and just like the series, I think the metal music is back from PS1.. so they are maybe kinda good for castlevania fans..

Napalm-Death
July 21st, 2007, 13:37
save points don't do that.. man.. I saved a lot of times, and one time I saved with low health, so I couldn't get passed the first boss (not the one at beginning) even the first boss is impossible for me to beat with full health, I somehow got through all the beginning without losing health, then saved.. and tried and tried to beat him, but couldn't.. it just takes time.. about 8 HOURS MAYBE to beat him.. I don't have time like that to waste in my life.. so I say **** it.. I won't play castlevania any more.. its also a boring game.. and the story doesn't make any sence to me too..

I don't know which Castlevania you've been playing. Save points always restore health; unless of course, you were playing as Richter in SOTN. Is Castlevania 'a boring game' because it took you that long to beat the first boss? Everyone I know can beat Dracula in less than 10 minutes in the beginning of SOTN.:rofl:

jamotto
July 21st, 2007, 23:13
This will be one of the last times one can get the original SOTN with it's "interesting" translations:rofl:
as the psp game is going to correct that.

DCRich
July 22nd, 2007, 02:29
Finally, my favorite Castlevania of all time. and I can play on my PS3! I love that!

I don't care if anyone bashes the game, if you don't like the idea of downloading it, then keep your mouth shut and go somewhere else. I only had a "backup" for it on my PS, and it's about time I buy the damn thing.

DarthPaul
July 22nd, 2007, 04:20

How old are you? 3 years old? Wow you really stink. Even my 4 years old little brother can play it and beat some enemies.

Rofl! :rofl:

osgeld
July 22nd, 2007, 07:02
um yea, i saw this news spot and almost inanimately went out to the garage to dig tru my old playstation games ... i put it on the computer (i dont like playing action psx games on the psp cause of the shoulder buttons)

even just casually poking around in it im over half way tru it

sooo whats your deal?

O-bake
July 22nd, 2007, 10:27
I tried it a while back and again yesterday after i read this news, but i think the game doesn't run smoothly.
I don't wanna sound like a pussy, but it gives me headaches, i can't play it this way.
Maybe it is because i just played the DS titles.
The speed and everything ist ok, but it looks like it is not scrolling pixel per pixel. More like 2 or 3 pixels at once.
And i haven't noticed it in any other PSone 2D sidescroller.

kharaboudjan
July 22nd, 2007, 13:11
cant understand that this thread has become 3 pages :S

this really shows that there are no REAL news for the psp these days.