PDA

View Full Version : Wii: Mario Party 8 still available in the UK...

Baboon
July 21st, 2007, 10:42
I just popped into town and was trying to track down the recently recalled Mario Part 8 for the Wii. As previously posted the game has been taking off the shelves in the UK because of the word 'spastic' within the game. I tried everywhere but alas I couldnt find it... that is untill I went into Toys R Us (In Plymouth, Devon) where theyve still got loadsa copies to pick up. :)

Time for some spastic party action. :)

hadrian
July 21st, 2007, 20:18
Its in Southend and Corby Gamestation, and available in Argos too.

stedaman
July 22nd, 2007, 02:05
I got mine on release day, and it didn't turn out to be the spastic version anyways, instead it says erratic. I guess they knew about the problem but still accidently sent a few with it in out. Annoying for others that they have to recall and re-release over some copies of the game.

I'm loving the game though :)

shadowcode
July 22nd, 2007, 19:11
I thought it was that english training game that had the word spastic?
*edit* Hmm, I would've sworn...

Elmarco
July 22nd, 2007, 21:31
I think it's kinda dumb that most of these games were recalled. It was only a tiny percentage of the games that contained the error. Why call most of them back? :confused:

Triv1um
July 22nd, 2007, 21:41
I haven't found a game shop by me that doesn't stock it.

ripgroove2002
July 23rd, 2007, 12:08
i got this day before release, havent played it much - where does the word show? i wanna see if i have a limited spastic version - maybe make some money on ebay! lol

stedaman
July 24th, 2007, 00:11
i got this day before release, havent played it much - where does the word show? i wanna see if i have a limited spastic version - maybe make some money on ebay! lol

Its on the shy guy's board, the train board. Land on a certain green spot and the little wizard flys in and makes the train go spastic, or in my case eratic.

Elmarco
July 24th, 2007, 00:12
Yes, that wizards things a Magikoopa, and I hate them :mad:

ripgroove2002
July 24th, 2007, 08:58
damn i have the eratic version! what a bummer

Baboon
July 24th, 2007, 11:01
Its on the shy guy's board, the train board. Land on a certain green spot and the little wizard flys in and makes the train go spastic, or in my case eratic.

Heres the pic...19913