PDA

View Full Version : PS3: New PS3 firmware coming next week

blackrave
July 21st, 2007, 18:25
We can expect a new PS3 firmware coming out next week. Features are not confirmed as of yet, but rumours and speculations suggest this list:

*Network*
- HTML has been added under network allowing users to view HTML documents saved on the PS3 HDD.

- Save HTML has been added as an option in the PS3 web browser. allowing users to save the source of the document to there PS3 HDD.

- Priority can now be set to Background downloading. allowing you to changes the order of when a download is active.

*Picture*
- New Sideshow Option [Effects Show] added.
- Picture Options added [Black&White, Old, Worn, Overexposed] added under the options menu.
- Animated GIF Image support added.

*Music*
- Added Graphic Equalizer added under Music Options menu. all 7.1 channels are configurable independently.

*Settings*
- Keyboard Mapping has been added to the sections Keyboard section of settings. shortcuts such as the disk in drive, or a particular game can be set to a shortcut on the keyboard with a key not currently in use.

Source: GamersCreed (http://gamers-creed.com/?p=83) (seems to be down at the moment).

So what do you think? Are you missing anything? Think the list is promising?

Airdevil
July 21st, 2007, 18:35
Thats describing a new PS3 firmware.... not a new PSP one.

gelon
July 21st, 2007, 19:12
CSS still wrong

SmashinGit
July 22nd, 2007, 00:03
It would be nice to have some kind organiser on there to arrange the games and videos you've downloaded into a particullar order.

lmtlmt
July 22nd, 2007, 00:26
Background changing ability!!!!!

Chameleon
July 22nd, 2007, 00:37
Background changing ability!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Demibeard
July 22nd, 2007, 01:03
Umm, how about some sort of playlist support? The organising of folders is a good idea, I have all my music stored on my external HDD and I get bored waiting for it to load up.

Obviously more codec support, but that's not going to happen, nor is an embeded version of Firefox or Opera, but either would be very nice thank you, I mean you can't even post on the official PS3 forum using the PS3 browser!!

DPyro
July 22nd, 2007, 01:33
I want to sort games by name, instead of by date added...

RicardoG
July 22nd, 2007, 02:05
I dont think the new firmware will bring just those options or even some of those.

mike03$$$
July 22nd, 2007, 19:59
im still waiting for music to play while playing games

MattZani
July 22nd, 2007, 22:00
im waiting for keyboard support in FPS games, hopefully HL2 will have it.

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 11:45
The firmware has now been released in Japan. Europe tomorrow. http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=480575#post480575 Click to see the changelog. :)

BrokenHaiku
July 23rd, 2007, 14:21
The firmware has now been released in Japan. Europe tomorrow. http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=480575#post480575 Click to see the changelog. :)

No matter how I try, I can't install this on my PSP Blackrave, please show me how! *ducks* :-).

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 14:23
No matter how I try, I can't install this on my PSP Blackrave, please show me how! *ducks* :-).

:rofl:

How are you doing? On holiday? =)