PDA

View Full Version : ExcruciationX's Hand Holding The New Potter Book.

ExcruciationX
July 22nd, 2007, 05:16
I was bored (as a get often) and I decided to show my hand on the new Potter book (to show scale).

http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07290/ExHand.jpg

I've read to page 274 in 3 hours of owning the book.

ICE
July 22nd, 2007, 05:23
hey why isnt your hand grey?

ExcruciationX
July 22nd, 2007, 05:24
It's my crappy phone camera.

Napalm-Death
July 22nd, 2007, 05:34
You're that bored? XD

ExcruciationX
July 22nd, 2007, 05:37
You're that bored? XD
Well, why would I be on a forum? ;)

kcajblue
July 22nd, 2007, 06:01
your hand really does look like an aliens hand.

ICE
July 22nd, 2007, 06:09
haha my hand is skinnier!!
i'll post a pic later lmao

lmtlmt
July 22nd, 2007, 06:26
You read to page 274 in 3 hours of owning the book hey?

well i read the last page in 1 min of aquireing the pirated book online :D

wolfpack
July 22nd, 2007, 07:47
I thought you were an alien...

you lied :(

lmtlmt
July 22nd, 2007, 09:16
He is an alien, just look at his hands!!!!!

Kramer
July 22nd, 2007, 09:31
He is an alien, just look at his hands!!!!!

he only has 2 fingers:eek:

VampDude
July 22nd, 2007, 11:26
I got the adult version of the book when I was on my way home yesterday from being away, I'm going to get the children's version when I'm out and about tomorrow...

...I'm not reading mine thou, I'm keeping it in collectors condition by not reading it (why ruin a first print) - I will borrow one from the library if I'm eager to read it (or wait until 2009/2010 for the movie) :D

Triv1um
July 22nd, 2007, 11:27
Thats a mighty fine hand you have there my good friend.

lmtlmt
July 22nd, 2007, 12:55
Adult version and childrens version? wtf?!?!?!?

VampDude
July 22nd, 2007, 13:04
Adult version and childrens version? wtf?!?!?!?

Like what I thought when I saw 2 versions in the store, adult version (picture attached below) sitting on my keyboard...

...This is the UK adult version, I compared thickness and size of the 2 versions and there is no difference apart from the cover???

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 13:08
...This is the UK adult version, I compared thickness and size of the 2 versions and there is no difference apart from the cover???

Just a different cover? What's the point?

lmtlmt
July 22nd, 2007, 13:26
Yer??

Elmarco
July 22nd, 2007, 17:41
So that adults don't look like total idiots reading a childrens book. They change the cover and make it seem more adult like. thats the godhonest truth

Evon von Vampdragn
July 22nd, 2007, 19:18
Adults shouldn't feel ashamed for reading that for a different cover just because the other one looks like a kids book, might i add a really large "kids" book.

acn010
July 22nd, 2007, 19:47
lmao!!!!!!!!!!
hands!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

Triv1um
July 22nd, 2007, 19:53
So that adults don't look like total idiots reading a childrens book. They change the cover and make it seem more adult like. thats the godhonest truth

Thats very true, Happy Potter appeals to older reader too.. Even readers with a "posh" book collection.

If one of those childrens books was to be inside a posh book case surrounded by all posh books. It would look gay

Vampbri-n
July 22nd, 2007, 19:56
ExcrucationX hands looks greyesh-whitish color

ExcruciationX
July 22nd, 2007, 19:56
Okay, finished it.

Excellent book.

Vampbri-n
July 22nd, 2007, 19:57
I saw it all on a website, then my girlfriend called me and told me the ending, so yeah the book is the same as whatever is on the internet.

BrooksyX
July 22nd, 2007, 20:01

Too bad anybody would look like an Idiot if they were caught reading Harry Potter! :rofl:

;) just kidding.

Vampbri-n
July 22nd, 2007, 20:04
So im a idoit?
Edit:oh sorry i didn't see the jokeing thing.

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 20:07
Too bad anybody would look like an Idiot if they were caught reading Harry Potter! :rofl:

;) just kidding.

:rofl: j/k

Yeah, you're right there.

gdf
July 22nd, 2007, 22:34
ha ex i finished it before you. and the usa cover sucks compared to ours!

i went to the midnight launch also very good.

plus more than 250 pages in 3 hours is incredible, it is supposed to take 20 hours to read in total. i'm now certain you are a bit autistic. and the ending of the plot was very satisfiny, but the epilogue was the shittest piece of shit ever, destroying a good series. it stops you wondering about what the future holds for the characters. turns out it is mundane bollocks.

LilSwish722
July 23rd, 2007, 01:38
I have this book. Reserved it the day the sixth book came out (to assure i get it) ended up getting it for $27...good book too...

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 02:01
i got over the reading this kind of fiction just out of grade school lol. i read the chronicles of narnia before i was 11.. ALL OF THEM!!lol

by then id had my fill..

pt9087
July 23rd, 2007, 02:35
@Vampdude! lmao same keyboard :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
July 23rd, 2007, 03:55

plus more than 250 pages in 3 hours is incredible, it is supposed to take 20 hours to read in total. i'm now certain you are a bit autistic. and the ending of the plot was very satisfiny, but the epilogue was the shittest piece of shit ever, destroying a good series. it stops you wondering about what the future holds for the characters. turns out it is mundane bollocks.
I agree. The book was great, but the "19 years later" thing was unnecessary.

I think it was for closure, so no one could continue the story.

mesosade
July 23rd, 2007, 10:02
Uh oh, the hands return!

ExcruciationX
July 23rd, 2007, 11:28
Uh oh, the hands return!
That could whoop your ass any day! ;)

Evon von Vampdragn
July 23rd, 2007, 11:40
I agree. The book was great, but the "19 years later" thing was unnecessary.

I think it was for closure, so no one could continue the story.

You realize how many people in fanfiction will be continuing that ending. I get your point, im pointing somthing out as well.

ExcruciationX
July 23rd, 2007, 12:12
You realize how many people in fanfiction will be continuing that ending. I get your point, im pointing somthing out as well.
Too many! :p

VampDude
July 23rd, 2007, 16:45
Just a different cover? What's the point?

Yer??

@ Sonicboy 101 + lmtlmt:

It's all to do with marketing appeal for both older and younger readers, strangely enough more adult readers read the Harry Potter books than children so there are ones for adults (with the cool covers) or the ones for children (with the weird looking cover with Harry and his 2 friends)

lol

Adults shouldn't feel ashamed for reading that for a different cover just because the other one looks like a kids book, might i add a really large "kids" book.

It's not that adults feel ashamed, it's nothing to do with the adult readers. The publication decided that because adults read the books aswell as children that they could market an adult version aswell as the children's version using a different cover and back. The adult version has a picture of J.K.R on the back cover, whereas the children's version doesn't.

Thats very true, Happy Potter appeals to older reader too.. Even readers with a "posh" book collection.

If one of those childrens books was to be inside a posh book case surrounded by all posh books. It would look gay

I've seen adult's who are upper class reading the children's versions, they don't seem to mind??? lol

;) just kidding.

lol, they would if they actually looked like Harry Potter :rofl:

Was you bored when you decided to read the whole book?

I have this book. Reserved it the day the sixth book came out (to assure i get it) ended up getting it for $27...good book too...

Why? It's currently very easy to obtain a copy of the book (maybe you didn't know at the time), I now have both UK versions of the book - image attached below

@Vampdude! lmao same keyboard :thumbup:

lol, the EX110 is a cool keyboard. Except for the stupidness of the batteries dying within a week:(

JKKDARK
July 23rd, 2007, 16:50
OMG enough with your hand! :eek:

VampDude
July 23rd, 2007, 16:58
OMG enough with your hand! :eek:

lol, you like it really! :rofl:

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 17:21
jkk cant stand to see your hand. makes it feel such strong feelings....

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 20:22
Meh, i just read the wikipedia on the book, ill probably re-read the one before this one before mybrother gets back from camp, because he has the book.

Evon von Vampdragn
July 23rd, 2007, 20:48
Too many! :p

I was on thier for about seven minutes and a total of 27 stories poped up.:rofl:

ninja9393
July 23rd, 2007, 20:49
i got the book yesterday

i am about 200 pages into it

DarthPaul
July 24th, 2007, 14:52
Harry Potter sucks.

Sonicboy 101
July 24th, 2007, 14:57
Well, you can't argue with that! Lmao

Elmarco
July 24th, 2007, 17:32
I bought the books and threw them into a bonfire.

They were thrown back out. It seems not even fire wants them......... :(

Sonicboy 101
July 24th, 2007, 17:34
I bought the books and threw them into a bonfire.

They were thrown back out. It seems not even fire wants them......... :(

Try the river, it's been a classic for generations...

Elmarco
July 24th, 2007, 17:40
Still no luck..........

Mr. Shadow
July 24th, 2007, 18:00
Give them to a childs donation bin and look inside to see how many harry potter books are inside.

Elmarco
July 24th, 2007, 18:16
The bin caught fire! Yay!...... But the books remain intact...... :rofl:

Mr. Shadow
July 24th, 2007, 18:17
Wtf?

VampDude
July 24th, 2007, 22:00
Wtf?

Wtf? @ pointless comment :confused:

ICE
July 24th, 2007, 22:03
Wtf? @ pointless comment :confused:

wtf at the wtf at a pointless comment. hehehe sorry..

gdf
July 24th, 2007, 22:06
wtf @ vampdude's DIY modding

VampDude
July 24th, 2007, 22:07
wtf at the wtf at a pointless comment. hehehe sorry..

lol, it was a pointless comment thou! :p :p :p :D :rofl:

gdf
July 24th, 2007, 22:13
so are the rest since about the 3rd post in the thread!