PDA

View Full Version : PSP: M33 3.51-7 patch released, lots of fixes!

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 15:05
The M33 team has released another patch to its brilliant custom firmware. The list of changes and fixes this time is big:

This update includes previous updates, as well as:
* Improvements in M33 NO-UMD driver (yeah, we know that sony one is better, but we still are working
on our own driver to make it perfect as a challenge). The improvements:
- Fixed a bug that caused incompatibility with ATV Offroad Fury Pro, Steel Horizons,
Tony Hawk's Project 8 and probably more games.
- Speed loading has improved, now M33 driver imitates better Sony one.

* Automatic display fix for ta-082+ with brightness problems in 1.50 kernel.
- M33 will autodetect ta-082+ with brightness problems, and will correct brightness properly.

* Wlan fix is now done differently, patch is done in 3.51 kernel before going to 1.50 one.
- For those that don't read well the readmes: we never would include in our files a sony prx!
The fix was and is done simply with code. The 3.40 mention was to notice that the problem
was not a M33 bug, but a problem caused by Sony.

* 4th level of brightness enabled on 1.5 kernel too now.

* An option has been added to recovery, "Hard Reset on 1.50 homebrew". Use this, only if the wifi
fix doesn't work with your psp still. It makes homebrew boot a bit slower.

- M33

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_M33_3_51_7_patch_released_lots_of_fixes)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_M33_3_51_7_patch_released_lots_of_fixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments and also donate to the team for doing such a great job at their site (http://m-33.narod.ru/).

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 15:12
This is brilliant news! :)
Man, this firmware is improving every day.

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 15:14
Yes, it's superb! :) I think the feature I like the best of these, is the ability to enable the 4th brightness level in homebrew. Finally!

heeroyun
July 22nd, 2007, 16:15
I'm getting this :D

BrooksyX
July 22nd, 2007, 16:50
I just did the update, it works great!

Thanks for the release M33

Chameleon
July 22nd, 2007, 16:55
This totally fixed my TA-082 psps brightness problems... I love these guys!!!!!!!!!!!

scarph
July 22nd, 2007, 18:02
I'm loving the brightness fix.

m33>DA

Well not entirely, they sorta took his idea. But since it's a team the frequency of updates is just great.

Safari Al
July 22nd, 2007, 18:08
Real quick question, what does the no umd driver do? (Never thought about it)

ICE
July 22nd, 2007, 18:12
i used the first m33 updater with the 3.51 update from sony and 1.5 update from qj. they both said north america but for some reason my psp thinks its japenese .. it has that ptv icon and i dont know if thats normal.. basically WHY IS MY PSP FOREIGN!?

also in recovery my configuration crashes the psp. how come?

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 18:12
Real quick question, what does the no umd driver do? (Never thought about it)

It lets you play backups from the memory stick without a UMD in the drive. As many people don't play games from their memory sticks, this feature is not important to many.

theICE_MAN, I would try recovering to 1.50 and reinstalling 3.51 M33. The same thing happened to me the first time i upgraded. :)

burrito
July 22nd, 2007, 18:14
My firmware is 3.51337 lol

aadhu
July 22nd, 2007, 18:18
whats the popstation compatibility like on this firmware?

tvrstl
July 22nd, 2007, 18:22
whats the popstation compatibility like on this firmware?

just as 3.40 oe, nothing less, nothing better (I think)

PenguinMaster
July 22nd, 2007, 18:28
What the real point of no-umd unless your umd drive is broken? Even if you don't want to use any of your game's umds you can just stick a demo disc in the drive and everything will work fine.

aadhu
July 22nd, 2007, 18:29
just as 3.40 oe, nothing less, nothing better (I think)

Hmm ok..

Just upgraded n tried Xenogears.. doesn't seem to work get a black screen :confused: ... used to be able to play it before on 3.4 OE-A.. Will try some other Games...

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 18:37
What the real point of no-umd unless your umd drive is broken? Even if you don't want to use any of your game's umds you can just stick a demo disc in the drive and everything will work fine.

Much shorter loading times, longer battery power.

ngin.small
July 22nd, 2007, 18:57
awsome! I love team M33

CaptainMorgan4
July 22nd, 2007, 19:02
Yeah I'm updating now, thanks M33 you guys are great with the frequent updates!

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 19:15
thank you so ****ing much!

CaptainMorgan4
July 22nd, 2007, 19:22
I'm confused on one thing though, should we keep using the Sony UMD mode for now or should we use the M33 one, which is faster/better battery life now? You said it imitates it so I'm just unclear on which one is better now, I think your trying to say that the M33 one will be better in the future. Anyway though I'm loving the brightness level for homebrew, was always curious to why that wasn't in the OE's.

Man
July 22nd, 2007, 19:26
Ok well i have an older version of the M33 firmware, and when i try and go into USB mode, the waves freeze, and the screen just says please wait, then nothing happens. WTF !! any help would be great.

acn010
July 22nd, 2007, 19:30
eh. linky no worky??????

PSP 101
July 22nd, 2007, 19:33
Great update Team M33, keep up the great work!

acn010
July 22nd, 2007, 19:36
never mind it worked!!!!!
lol thanks guys

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 19:37
Ok well i have an older version of the M33 firmware, and when i try and go into USB mode, the waves freeze, and the screen just says please wait, then nothing happens. WTF !! any help would be great.

you must have a custom battery icon. remove it. if u dont. just remove the whole theme and try usb

man this is the best update yet! wifi homebrew actually works for real now and everything else, OMG this is the best custom firmware ever no offence to dax

logicbomb.de
July 22nd, 2007, 19:46
i used the first m33 updater with the 3.51 update from sony and 1.5 update from qj. they both said north america but for some reason my psp thinks its japenese .. it has that ptv icon and i dont know if thats normal.. basically WHY IS MY PSP FOREIGN!?

Hey!!!

I has the same thing happen to me on my other PSP.

I dg'd to 1.5, did the m3 3.51 install... but the same thing!!!

I went to recovery mode (and restored original topmenuplugin) and noticed that UMD free region was somehow enabled, turned that off - restored default settings in XMB, and that seemed to fix it.

good luck, let me know if this works.

PS. I also had this problem using the files I got from QJ, but it only affected 1 of my PSPs and not both.... weird

[EDIT]

OH!!! and if you have custom topmenuplugin with this problem it will semi brick. restore the original; file and it will work.

I think that custom icons won't work if your FW wants to display the PTV and PLAYSTATION SPOT icons....

MicroNut
July 22nd, 2007, 20:14
Very nice.
M33 Rocks!

Are all the bugs are dead yet!?

People have to know is that they need to convert their custom battery icons "system_plugin_fg.rco" to 3.51
or the psp will lock when using usb.

And it looks like some "topmenu_plugin.rco" might need to be converted as well?

Uberman
July 22nd, 2007, 20:17
Guess I missed the previous six patches. How do you use this thing? I tried running it under my original 3.51-M33 firmware, and it just tells me it could not be run.

*edit: Nevermind, I'm a dork. Had it in the GAME351/ folder, instead of GAME150/. It worked. :)

Veskgar
July 22nd, 2007, 21:20
For those that don't read well the readmes: we never would include in our files a sony prx!
The fix was and is done simply with code. The 3.40 mention was to notice that the problem
was not a M33 bug, but a problem caused by Sony.
:rofl:

So not only is this team giving us the best CFW for the PSP, but they are fixing SONY bugs in the process..... A true testament to the seriousness and talent of the M33 Hacking Team. I don't think we could afford to have this team lose interest in the scene so lets all try and get some donations sent their way sooner rather than later.

One of my PSP's is a TA-082+ with the brightness issues on 1.50 homebrew so the fact that this has a built-in brightness fix is just pure icing on the cake.

This firmware is amazing! Thanks again M33 Team!

aj11r
July 22nd, 2007, 21:51
Mine wont work, got the m33 3.51 version thingy, but when attempting this update i keep getting "THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED (80020148)"

Help Please?

aj11r
July 22nd, 2007, 21:53
doh nevermind, just made GAME150 folder and put it in there. Easy

THANKS GUYS for the M33!

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 21:54
put in game150?

edit: o ok. lol

aj11r
July 22nd, 2007, 22:01
ok so now how do i play my ISO's its coming up with same error?

gannon730
July 22nd, 2007, 22:04
kl an update tht took 2 days not 1 man whts wrong with u gys lol kl update

ZeakStarwind
July 22nd, 2007, 22:21
Yeah I just recently updated to 3.51 M33-7 as I was waiting for lucky 7 to come out so I was patient enough to update. Great update though.

Anyways, one question. I know I've posted this earlier before, but how do I actually submit news to the main front page of DCemu? hence why I posted in the PSP Homebrew and Emulation cause I still don't know where to post news lol. If you can explain it would be utmost appreciate. Thanks and thanks to the M33 Team.

mike_jmg
July 22nd, 2007, 22:55
I'll try the update later, cause now i have just a big hang-over from last nite LOL
so many updates in very short time, it's hard to keep up but simply amazing
Thanks M33

and for you, this sometimes happens instaling custom firmware, even the ones from DAX, happened to me and many others while instaling 3.40-OE

edit: sorry don't use this, is the one from 3.40 OE
or reinstall 3.40 OE and use it

You just need to replace the config.se on flash1 and everything will be back to normal, here

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 23:06
can anyone tell me y i have never had any problems like corrupt configurations? and BSoDs? ive never have any problems like that from the start of homebrew. lol

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 23:08
Anyways, one question. I know I've posted this earlier before, but how do I actually submit news to the main front page of DCemu? hence why I posted in the PSP Homebrew and Emulation cause I still don't know where to post news lol. If you can explain it would be utmost appreciate. Thanks and thanks to the M33 Team.

You can submit news here (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=117). A user with moving privilege will move it to the proper news section, and it will display on the front page. :)

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 23:13
can anyone tell me y i have never had any problems like corrupt configurations? and BSoDs? ive never have any problems like that from the start of homebrew. lol

lol, me neither.
Only a BSoD when downgrading, that's it.

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 23:24
hehe, we must be lucky

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 23:26
hehe, we must be lucky

Heh, got that right!

Veskgar
July 22nd, 2007, 23:31

Good question! I've often wondered the same thing. There have been so many reports of things going wrong over the years. It is quite frankly scary when you read about it. Its the reason I stayed on 1.50 firmware for so long. It wasn't until Dark_AleX's OE firmware in December that I finally made the switch.

I've come to learn that most of the strange problems people report are from their own carelessness. Be it not following directions and taking certain precautionary measures, or messing with stuff they don't know about, i.e., FLASH.

A lot of problems seem to be related to custom themes which is why I've largely stayed away from custom theming my PSP's. But even those problems seem to be from people using the wrong files, etc.

SONY loves it when people brick their PSP's due to homebrew. It gives more validity to all of their BS "security vulnerability" firmware updates. SONY's aim is to have the mass majority think of homebrew as something that will inevitably cause problems with your PSP.

That is obviously not true and I've never encountered any problem that has harmed my PSP. I have not even "semi-bricked" a PSP. And I've used many downgraders, DevHook, custom firmwares, homebrew & emulators, etc. etc. etc.

So the bottom line is that if you do a little research instead of jumping the gun, you will not experience any problems with PSP homebrew.

Sonicboy 101
July 22nd, 2007, 23:37
So the bottom line is that if you do a little research instead of jumping the gun, you will not experience any problems with PSP homebrew.

That's right.
I can remember just before using the 3.03 downgrader, I did some researching and found it was safe enough. :thumbup:

eboy
July 23rd, 2007, 00:53
Sweet, thanks guys and the Team M33, I just donated has anyone else??

Chameleon
July 23rd, 2007, 01:01

Through recovery you have fake region set to japan, disable the fake region and youll be fine.

mfz64
July 23rd, 2007, 01:03
damn, these russians are amazing! they update their firmware every two days!

mcdougall57
July 23rd, 2007, 01:28
i have to say it tops dark alex's firmware

Elven6
July 23rd, 2007, 02:24

Shorter Loading Times
Longer Battery Life
No annoying UMD noises

deceiver117
July 23rd, 2007, 04:40
I am not one to complain about little bugs, but this one is really annoying and this fix hasn't addressed it. I have a problem that when I am in the XMB and click USB connect, the system hangs requiring hard reboot. It works fine from the recovery menu.

watupgroupie
July 23rd, 2007, 04:43
Shorter Loading Times
Longer Battery Life
No annoying UMD noises
Also some people's umd drives are totally busted ex: you broke the umd loading compartment not being able to load a umd at all. This will fix their problem. Also love this, we had so many wishes for people to pick up where dark_alex left off and i think we found them. I can't wait to see what the future has in store :)

deceiver117
July 23rd, 2007, 06:01
I cannot get PQ: license 1 to work, .cso...it worked before, I tried the new M33, Sony loader, all combinations, its a no go...oh well I guess I'll drain the battery running the umd =/

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 06:17
try converting it back to .iso

CaptainMorgan4
July 23rd, 2007, 06:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused on one thing though, should we keep using the Sony UMD mode for now or should we use the M33 one, which is faster/better battery life now? You said it imitates it so I'm just unclear on which one is better now, I think your trying to say that the M33 one will be better in the future. Anyway though I'm loving the brightness level for homebrew, was always curious to why that wasn't in the OE's.

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 06:57
sony np9660 driver is the best. use it

it saves battery life and faster loading.

Chameleon
July 23rd, 2007, 07:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only reason the russians are updating the other no-umd driver is for future compatibilty... if sony changes something in future releases we'll always have their driver to go off of.

heeroyun
July 23rd, 2007, 07:04
_Some games stuck at the loading screen when i use Sony np9660 driver but when i switch back to normal mode [ UMD required ] , everything work just fine

CaptainMorgan4
July 23rd, 2007, 08:21
Got ya thanks guys, I figured the Sony one was still the best, the M33 will be fine to back into in case Sony changes something.

heeroyun
July 23rd, 2007, 10:01
_Anyone meet the same problem as mine ? Game stuck at loading screen with the Sony loader ?_?

HumanIce
July 23rd, 2007, 15:01
before I update to this, will this one have all the updates as the other ones had?
like update 2, 3, 4 and all.. I did update to the first update when it came out..
please answer..

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 15:32
Yes, it will, as said thousands of times before, and even in the changelog in this thread.

Spyzius
July 23rd, 2007, 17:51
does I can instal it from m33? or I need m33-6?

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 17:56
You can install it straight from M33-1. It includes all previous updates as mentioned in the description and said in this and previous threads thousands of times.

Sonicboy 101
July 23rd, 2007, 18:08
You can install it straight from M33-1. It includes all previous updates as mentioned in the description and said in this and previous threads thousands of times.

Yeah, gets on your nerves doesn't it?

cupid
July 23rd, 2007, 19:07
So...does I can instal it from m33? or I need m33-6?

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 19:21
NOT AGAINNN.. install from M33..

Nocuddle
July 23rd, 2007, 21:13
Too many moronic n00bs... either they read or they just intentionally annoying... sheesh. +_+;

Sonicboy 101
July 23rd, 2007, 21:15
So...does I can instal it from m33? or I need m33-6?

AARRGGHH!!!

CaptainMorgan4
July 23rd, 2007, 21:25
Yeah it's bad enough they can't read and see they're answers right in front of them but when they can't spell it's just sad.

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 21:40
:rofl:

It's so sad, it's funny!

(cupid was being ironic, yeah. :p)

July 23rd, 2007, 21:51
hi, iv installed m33 and all seems to be good apart from i cant get get any of the neogeo emulators to run any roms,the emulators load up but they cant find any roms. anyone got any ideas?

Buddy4point0
July 23rd, 2007, 22:14
sweet, ill be upgrading now.

aj11r
July 23rd, 2007, 22:32
So how do i get my ISO's to load? They are in the ISO folder, i see them under game and memory stick, but they dont load. Just give me a black screen.

Any ideas would be helpful.

DarthPaul
July 23rd, 2007, 23:00
Woo!! So it's out! And it's better than ever,a "huge" list of bug fixes,like none other. :p

Gonna download and install this baby now. That 4th brightness level on homebrew sounds neat..

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 23:06
hi, iv installed m33 and all seems to be good apart from i cant get get any of the neogeo emulators to run any roms,the emulators load up but they cant find any roms. anyone got any ideas?

This thread is one of the worst places to ask that. Try in the PSP Help forum. I don't know why it won't find any of your roms, but it's got nothing to do with M33, and is most likely just a little mistake on your side.

So how do i get my ISO's to load? They are in the ISO folder, i see them under game and memory stick, but they dont load. Just give me a black screen.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Have you turned off No-UMD and put a game UMD in the drive? Also, check your other settings in the recovery menu. All settings in Advanced should be turned off for normal use.

elamar
July 24th, 2007, 14:15
I have just installed m33, and so far it works fine, my ps1 games work great, but the problem is I have a mac and I can't open the read me for the m33-7 update, I put m33-7 in the game folder but all I get is corrupt file. can you tell me the correct way to update and also if you could, tell me how to run homebrews, they say corrupt as well or can not start.

blackrave
July 24th, 2007, 14:24
Most homebrew should be in a folder named GAME150 inside the PSP folder unless you've screwed around in the recovery menu to change that. Both the update and all homebrew you install, with the exception of those which run in 3.xx kernel (which should go in GAME (usually mentioned)), should be placed in GAME150. Create that folder and try it.

jodyanthony
July 24th, 2007, 14:45
Does anyone else have an issue where their old PSX games that worked in Dark_Alex's OE don't work right now? I've tried a couple of games (Suikoden and Symphony of the Night) and the graphics are messed up (REALLY low framerate, choppiness, graphics doubling up on themselves), as well as the sound sounds like its been speeded up and doubling over on itself.

elamar
July 24th, 2007, 16:02
some of the homebrew are working but the m33-7 still says corrupt, I downloaded it from other site's but still having the same problem.

blackrave
July 24th, 2007, 16:20
So you've put M33_7 in the GAME150 folder? And when you go to configuration in recovery mode, GAME kernel is set to 3.51?

elamar
July 24th, 2007, 17:58
i got working, I extracted the program from within the psp game150 and tried it out and it worked thanks for the help

kjetil1991
July 24th, 2007, 18:28
I Think I Wait On Oe Some Time Until They Fix It More

superfly
July 24th, 2007, 22:10
not to seam like a dumbass (too late for it though) but i dont have to use the origenal m33 3.51 or can i just download and install this one?

Chameleon
July 24th, 2007, 22:13
you have to use the original one, then use this one.

dj2005
July 24th, 2007, 22:14
not to seam like a dumbass (too late for it though) but i dont have to use the origenal m33 3.51 or can i just download and install this one?

You will need to install the 3.51 M33 firmware then you can update to this.

superfly
July 24th, 2007, 22:39
ok, now i just have to find it, lol

aj11r
July 24th, 2007, 23:04
Yes iv got umd on, with disc in and advanced settings off. Only seems to not work with GTA Vice City, Comes up with Game could not be started (80010002)

Probably just the game i suppose?:confused:

This thread is one of the worst places to ask that. Try in the PSP Help forum. I don't know why it won't find any of your roms, but it's got nothing to do with M33, and is most likely just a little mistake on your side.

Have you turned off No-UMD and put a game UMD in the drive? Also, check your other settings in the recovery menu. All settings in Advanced should be turned off for normal use.

xg917
July 24th, 2007, 23:13
I Think I Wait On Oe Some Time Until They Fix It More

thers nothing more to fix..

giggity giggity goo
August 9th, 2007, 07:31
ok no offense but m33 really needs to learn how to release things

A. ive been googling for a damn hour trying ti find the original m33 firmware (WTF did you remove the link dcemu??) B. there is no info whatsoever as to how to install this

i can practically hear the n00bs with bricked psps whining

seriously dark_alex's firmware may have been a little less up-to-date but at least i can download and install it easily....

is the russian market for psp's even big enough to matter?

i'm not (and can't) sign up for a russian forum to d/l the firmware, this is rediculous

jamotto
August 9th, 2007, 08:00
ok no offense but m33 really needs to learn how to release things

A. ive been googling for a damn hour trying ti find the original m33 firmware (WTF did you remove the link dcemu??) B. there is no info whatsoever as to how to install this

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68592&

blackrave
August 9th, 2007, 15:07
Besides, you should rather install the newer version, 3.52-2. You'll find both the original update and the patch here (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69698).

cicciov12
November 6th, 2007, 08:41
Hi, I'm new to this and was just wondering if someone could help me out. I've had a psp since the day it launched in the U.K and have been able to maintain the 1.50 firmware. However the latest Roms won't play with Devhook, fastloader etc..

So I upgraded to that new custom 3.51. All my roms work fine, but before, whenever I restarted the psp it would always revert back to 1.50. This time it seems stuck on 3.51!!

Not a problem as it still plays all my games, however I was wondering if someone could explain to me what has actually happened to my psp, and if I have lost my 1.50 firmware forever????

Thanks.