View Full Version : those who FInshed the BOOK

laiznicki
July 22nd, 2007, 17:24
question what happened to the dursleys after they went into hiding??? \
are they dead??:thumbup:
adn is voldormot killed by himself:confused:

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 18:33
yeah voldemort did kill himself didnt he, his curse back fired, again. poor bloke.

yeah where ARE the dursleys. they did say harry would never ssee them again soooo

i dont know!

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 18:48
also, WHERES FLOREAN FORTESCUE???
the ice cream man!
it says in the 6th book him and olivander got kidnapped, and they found olivander..

i reckon voldemrt wanted ice cream

>=l

muffinman_95
July 22nd, 2007, 19:10
it was weird when harry died but was still alive

p.s how long did it take you? it took me about 4/6 hours

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:14
best part of yesterday..

i loled at the bit when dumbledore was all 'but it is all in your head'

or something along those lines

muffinman_95
July 22nd, 2007, 19:31
can you believe all those people died? J.K Rowling said only two important people would die

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:32
I know! but what is on the front of the book?

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:32
i know i was thinking that! it kept hitting me all through the book lol, i just kept thinking, whos next...........

fred was the worst though, now george has no twin..poor guy.

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:33
it's definetely not the forbiden forest or harry's house, but isn't that the only time they were together?

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:33
I almost cried when fred died :( now poor Mrs. Weasly has a twinless twin with one ear

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:34

the vault! with the tresure!

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:34
Bellatrix's?

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:36
then what's Voldemort doing there?

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:36
its the goblin on his back

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:37
ok, I think we're looking at two different covers.... I see no goblin.

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:38
I see Harry reaching his hand up in some kinda Coliseum, almost like he's reaching for something, and I see Voldemort reaching for the same thing

LoonyLovegood123
July 22nd, 2007, 19:39
and that thing is waaaaaaaaaaay to big to be a goblin

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 19:40
lol can u get a picture?

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 01:00
on the American version as shown below - i think its showing the final battel when the wand flies into the air and harry catches it! but the background is a bit confusing, but imsure it looks like the enchanted roof of hogwarts?! so im not sure but that what it appears to me to be?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/oops89/HP7backjpeg.jpg

the english kids version again shown below shows them breaking into gingots with the goblin on harrys back i thort that it was dobby before i started to read but yeah...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/oops89/lb_HarryPotterDeathlyHallows.jpg

the other two are obvious yes? the slithering locket is the adult english version and harry bleading is the american adult version

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/oops89/potter.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k166/oops89/xinsrc_152030429125684327911.jpg

but yeah i think im right about the different version might not be though? and i dunno if the book cover your looking at is the same? i dunno could be wrong...

J0x249
July 23rd, 2007, 02:52
The book cover is the last battle between Harry and Voldemort in the Great Hall.

julesphoenix
July 23rd, 2007, 04:49
The front of the book was in the Great Hall when Harry and Voldemort were looking at the Elder Wand spinning up into the air. The sky is the enchanted ceiling.

BookHeart
July 23rd, 2007, 08:27
can you believe all those people died? J.K Rowling said only two important people would die

correction she said two more important people died than she orginally intended. what i want to know is not why fred had to die but why he didn't die sooner. I thought she had the perfect set up with the two twins. I knew one of them had to die but she needed to go more in depth about how the other lived after his twin whom he had been with his entire life had died. I was just waiting for. I was just waiting for someone to offer poor albus a couple puking pasties at the end of the book

BookHeart
July 23rd, 2007, 08:31
I see Harry reaching his hand up in some kinda Coliseum, almost like he's reaching for something, and I see Voldemort reaching for the same thing

where exactly did you get the book? I belive what you're describing is the american version of the book their talking about the british one

marsbarluvr
July 23rd, 2007, 13:47
any clues of who got a reprieve? I'm not even sure of what it means.

but yeah the book was really something. I was expecting someone to die all the time. especially when they were waiting for Luna at the Lovegood's, I thought for sure she was a goner. phew.
perhaps that's what jk wanted...for her readers to feels as edgy as the characters and get a clue of what it must be like for them. if that's the case she did it well.

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 14:11
correction she said two more important people died than she orginally intended. what i want to know is not why fred had to die but why he didn't die sooner. I thought she had the perfect set up with the two twins. I knew one of them had to die but she needed to go more in depth about how the other lived after his twin whom he had been with his entire life had died. I was just waiting for. I was just waiting for someone to offer poor albus a couple puking pasties at the end of the book

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman_95 View Post
guess the rest who died weren't important then

any ideas of who got the reprieve?

she never said only 2 important characters were going to die!! she only said that 2 characters that she hadn't intended originally died! in one interview she said that people were thinking only two people died and said that she had to correct them because it is a bloodbath! which it was! just thort id point it out cause people keep going on about it when other people have said the same thing that she didnt say only 2 were gunna die!!

Dobby
July 23rd, 2007, 14:12
JKR only said that she had changed the ending - where origionally she had one main character dieing that person would live, and two main characters that weren't going to die did. There was obviously going to be other deaths.
JKR never said that ONLY two would die, she said that she had changed it.

Lets get this straight - On the cover of the American version a scene from towards the end of the book. I believe this is the Great Hall with its enchanted ceiling where Harry and Riddle are preparing to duel.
The English Child cover is of the exit from the Lestranges Vault.
(I had origionally believed that both these covers were of the deth room within the Department of Mysteries, in the MOM. - How wrong can you be??)

The quetion I have yet to recall is from JKR also.
Who is it that shows Magical talent at such a late stage in life. Was this just something that I missed?

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 14:16
the only thing that i could think of about the magic late on was dobby? but it doesn't really fit we knew he could do magic i was thinking it was probably the fact that he could use it against his old masters? but then again not? i just don't know there was no one obvious!

what i don't understand was that fudge wasnt mentioned at all? what happened to him? did i miss something?

TheWalrus90
July 23rd, 2007, 23:36

Itīs the Great Hall. Harry is fighting Voldemort and the roof shows the red glow of the morning(enchanted roof to look like the sky). Everyone is watching the battle, and they are the shadows.

moblyblob
July 23rd, 2007, 23:39
*OOPS 89*
lol yeh, sounds to me like you missed the whole 1st chapter of book 6! fudge: "I was sacked three days ago! The whole wizarding community has been screaming for my resignation for a fortnight!" Then he's replaced by Rufus Scrimgeour as Minister.

Someone earlier asked who we reckon got a reprieve? I reckon it was Draco. I was so convinced he was for the chop I'd have put money on it, because no one on Harry's side would have gone outta their way to save him (I thought) and we all knew Voldy was gonna be pretty naffed off that Draco never managed to kill Dumbledore. And if I'm wrong about Draco then it could have been his mum or dad?

Have to say, for a pretty scary time I thought HAGRID was gonna get it!!! :..(

oops89
July 24th, 2007, 08:43
yeah i know he wasn't minister but didn't he become deputy or something because i remember him saying that he would probably see the muggle prime minister again because Rufus Scrimgeour would be too busy to come back or something like that? so he was still working for the ministry and it didnt say he died at all i just thort it was odd that he wasn't mentioned again!!