PDA

View Full Version : YAPR version 1.5 - Pokemon Game for PSP

wraggster
July 22nd, 2007, 19:05
News/release of an update to a Pokemon game for the PSP.

Heres the details:

well it seems like it's been forever since i released the first version of this so it wouldn't surprise me if no one even remembers what this is, so for those of you who completely forgot/don't really care too much this is version 1.5 of "yet another pokemon remake". In this version there really isn't a whole lot of new places to go or things to see I was more trying to focus on as many different features as possible...
so whats new in this version is:
-new town, with pokemon center
-saving/loading works
-use of items(including pokeballs, although right now you only get 1 but you also have 100% catch ratio so use it wisely)
- ability to choose male of female character
- and 1 new pokemon added(i was planning on waiting until the next areas are done to add more pokemon but oh well)
yeah yeah i know it's not really a whole lot for taking me months to complete (partially due to laziness) but it wont take me long to finish up with all of the features so i can just focus on the storyline.

oh and yes there is still a whole slew of bugs in it still so if anyone would like to PM me any errors they find i would be really grateful.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via dragon0010 (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-releaseyapr-version-15-115256.html)

b_simpson1999
July 22nd, 2007, 20:23
will try straight away, big pokemon fan so any pokemon game is good and even better if on psp if not using a gb/gbc or gba emulator, so keep on tring to do better it be worth it, wish i chould do something like that. good luck.
Idea
instead of tm/hm that you use outside battle have a tm/hm menu that opens and unlocks when you talk to a person or beat a pokemon leader so then you can have 4 moves purly for fighting, just an idea whould be nice if can be done.

e.g something like this in TM/HM menu and where "," is a line
HM-Cut,Fly,Surf,Strength,Flash,Waterfall, Dive.
TM-Dig,Teleport,Sweet Sense.

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 20:30
tried it. nice piece of homebrew, i would love to see where this would go to after a few updates

brasssmunky
July 23rd, 2007, 04:10
screens please...

Ultima Chocochu
July 23rd, 2007, 04:25
I love Pokemon
And I've seen pics of this
It looks good
How this goes far, that's for sure.

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 04:45
madd props to the coder/s coding this ;)

screens:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8361/screen1ze0.png
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2226/screen2ct4.png
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9327/screen4we5.png

titch.ryan
July 23rd, 2007, 07:58
looks great

this will turn out to be good

Murdock
July 23rd, 2007, 15:52
Im not that much of a Pokemon Fan, maybe since I am 22 :) I own the Pokemon Blue I bought in my teenage days and it was fun. I liked this "walk around" idea like in Zelda.

But ur game looks very nice. Keep improving it. I don't know how huge the world is u've done, but I think that's the main factor. Keep getting the bugs out of the engine and then successively enlarge the world :)

:thumbup: don't give up and surprise ur fans with nice and innovative ideas :)

Buddy4point0
July 24th, 2007, 02:02
this looks really nice, im downloading it now. i cant wait to see future versions

edit: pretty nice but VERY glitchy, there are alot of bugs, also why not use the x button? lol it took me a while to figure out you made it use r.

pspnoob..wanstsonic
August 17th, 2008, 12:20
Tried it. a very good attempt, but very buggy. Well worth a try but just needs a few fixes and updates

nghtshade
October 4th, 2008, 16:33
News/release of an update to a Pokemon game for the PSP.

Heres the details:

well it seems like it's been forever since i released the first version of this so it wouldn't surprise me if no one even remembers what this is, so for those of you who completely forgot/don't really care too much this is version 1.5 of "yet another pokemon remake". In this version there really isn't a whole lot of new places to go or things to see I was more trying to focus on as many different features as possible...
so whats new in this version is:
-new town, with pokemon center
-saving/loading works
-use of items(including pokeballs, although right now you only get 1 but you also have 100% catch ratio so use it wisely)
- ability to choose male of female character
- and 1 new pokemon added(i was planning on waiting until the next areas are done to add more pokemon but oh well)
yeah yeah i know it's not really a whole lot for taking me months to complete (partially due to laziness) but it wont take me long to finish up with all of the features so i can just focus on the storyline.

oh and yes there is still a whole slew of bugs in it still so if anyone would like to PM me any errors they find i would be really grateful.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via dragon0010 (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-releaseyapr-version-15-115256.html)

how can i run this thing? what program?

carlitx
October 4th, 2008, 16:42
it is a psp homebrew game, you need a modded psp to run it. next time ask your question in the PSP help forum!

lolcat1337
June 27th, 2009, 21:34
is it possible to download it directly from the site to the psp?

glipao
July 6th, 2009, 01:25
sir i have a question.. why can't i play the "pspokemon" in my PSP? everytime i attempt to play the game, my psp always says "could not start the game".. can you pls help me where did i go wrong in installing the game in my psp? i followed the instruction by simply copying the "pspokemon" folder to my "game150" folder..pls pls help me..im dying to play this game.. thank you very much sir.