PDA

View Full Version : Japan Charts July 9 - 15:

wraggster
July 22nd, 2007, 19:08
Heres the latest charts for Japan and again Nintendo must be the happiest in the land of the Rising Sun:

Software Chart

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii, Square Enix) - 305,254
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS, Nintendo) - 69,896
My Housekeeping Diary (DS, Nintendo) - 46,947
Wii Sports (Wii, Nintendo) - 44,767
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (DS, Nintendo) - 38,649
Wii Play (Wii, Nintendo) - 28,742
Chibi Robo! Park Patrol (DS, Nintendo) - 26,905
Kirarin Revolution: Mezase Idol Queen! (DS, Konami) - 24,573
Monster Farm DS (DS, Tecmo) - 21,914
Mega Man ZX Advent (DS, Capcom) - 21,379

Hardware Chart

DS - 141,982
Wii - 109,854
PSP - 37,578
PS2 - 15,777
PS3 - 13,493
Xbox 360 - 2,942
GBA - 432
GameCube - 106

Good time to buy shares in Nintendo ?

iceman100
July 22nd, 2007, 20:33
Things just keep getting worse for sony, and that other company with nintendo doing better every month.

JKKDARK
July 22nd, 2007, 20:40
lol the Software Chart, aka the Nintendo Chart! :D

alienanthropologist
July 23rd, 2007, 00:10
happy days

John Vattic
July 23rd, 2007, 00:48
It's a great time to invest in anything utilizing a gimmick. Invest in anything that insults customer intelligence, and is still in high demand.

The (gimmick) magic wore off for me after 2 hours of wii play and the most urewarding and confined zelda adventure ever created.

Now is the time. Innovation my a@@. They're printing money by exploiting all the casual morons.

This trend in "casual gaming" will create more hardcore gamers in short order. So buying stocks maybe isn't such a good idea, at least in the long run;)

By the way, Wii won't help you get into shape"casually". Only with "hardcore" painful exercise, discipline, and a good platform to do those exercises, can one achieve perfection.

mcdougall57
July 23rd, 2007, 01:44
It's a great time to invest in anything utilizing a gimmick. Invest in anything that insults customer intelligence, and is still in high demand.

The (gimmick) magic wore off for me after 2 hours of wii play and the most urewarding and confined zelda adventure ever created.

Now is the time. Innovation my a@@. They're printing money by exploiting all the casual morons.

This trend in "casual gaming" will create more hardcore gamers in short order. So buying stocks maybe isn't such a good idea, at least in the long run;)

By the way, Wii won't help you get into shape"casually". Only with "hardcore" painful exercise, discipline, and a good platform to do those exercises, can one achieve perfection.

no one gives a s**t about how you dislike the wii and how the gimmick will wear off, you mean like the gimmick of dualshock controllers that have been around for 10 years. so keep your opinions about it to yourself, im also guessing you own a ps3 or xbox 360? where the f**k is the logic in £400 for a console.so many people are pissin me off because they think the gimmick will wear off, wake up and smell the fresh air thats what new games are for and when the gimmick does finally dissapear it will still kick six axis's arse.and for the record when is a middle age man who bought wiifit for a bit of exercise gonna care about the gimmick wearing off.
theres a saying in england - if u aint got nothin good to say dont say it at all

Shadowblind
July 23rd, 2007, 02:25
no one gives a s**t about how you dislike the wii and how the gimmick will wear off, you mean like the gimmick of dualshock controllers that have been around for 10 years. so keep your opinions about it to yourself, im also guessing you own a ps3 or xbox 360? where the f**k is the logic in £400 for a console.so many people are pissin me off because they think the gimmick will wear off, wake up and smell the fresh air thats what new games are for and when the gimmick does finally dissapear it will still kick six axis's arse.and for the record when is a middle age man who bought wiifit for a bit of exercise gonna care about the gimmick wearing off.
theres a saying in england - if u aint got nothin good to say dont say it at all

Thats not just in England--thats everywhere. Amen.

Go nintendo! Even if it is one of the most Biased times for people in Japan, they do have good tastes! :D

robman84
July 23rd, 2007, 10:41
Surely everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of how misguided you may think it is.

Anyway, go Nintendo. I really hope the Wii puts you back at the top of the pile so developers will pump out great titles for it.

Whilst I wait for Zelda DS in Europe, I've got plenty of mileage left in my DC, PS2, GC and Xbox! However it is shocking how quickly that generation of consoles is being abandoned by developers. I can only assume owners of "last generation" consoles stop buying new games when a new console comes out, probably hoping to put enough money aside to buy one oneday!

John Vattic
July 23rd, 2007, 21:20
If a million people jump off a cliff, doesn't mean that it's a good thing.

no i don't own a 360 or ps3.

I grew up on nintendo. They made some of the best gaming machines and software. Now all of the sudden, i'm "evil" because i realize the wii is the worst machine they've made?

screw you fanboy f***s! Nintendo could hand you a dvd case full of s*** and you would be all too happy to chew it down.

And I play the stock market. I have nothing against exploiting the stupid people for money. I don't hate nintendo, i hate their new platform and their new userbase(loserbase).

Please no more avatars and sig's that have uber-emo-anime-boy/girls. Anime was cool in the 80's. This is 2007.

P.S. FF was only good on nes and snes. ff cutscenes are gay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/43941.html

koiulpoi
July 24th, 2007, 04:01
Yes, Nintendo's new userbase. It sucks terribly by your criteria. You know why? Because old people buy wiis. Because middle aged people buy wiis. Because people who've never touched a gaming system before in their lives are buying wiis, no matter what the age. It's a fun system to many people, plain and simple. People like it, people have fun with it; isn't that the point? These same people don't get the point of a Zelda adventure or a Final Fantasy grindfest or an FPS crack shoot. They love what the Wii has done and the games that Nintendo has come out for it. And, because of it, Nintendo is making money.

Meanwhile, people like you decry them because they're not catering to your OMFG needs anymore. They're catering to the common man.

Does this mean it's Nintendo's worst machine ever? Obviously not. It's selling, people are happy with it (even after "two hours" and the "gimmick wearing off"). Nintendo's raking in the cash. How is this bad?

Because they're not making Mario 64 anymore? Because Rareware got bought out by Microsoft and started sucking? (Remember, the reason the N64 was great was Rare, not Nintendo). Because the games they release are "easier" and thus appeal to more people?

Appealing to more people makes them money. It isn't backfiring, like you seem to think it will. It's not making more "hardcore" gamers. It's making a plethora of casual gamers.

And, if you think Anime was only good in the 80s, I severely question your taste. It's not the anime you grew up with, but there's sure as hell plenty of quality material. Ever heard of a little company called "Gainax"?

P.S. Final Fantasy must still be good, as people keep buying the games.

And finally, while a million people jumping off a cliff may not be a good thing, standing outside of a massive orgy, watching and shaking your head is a lot less fun and pegs you as an outsider.

Disclaimer: I am not a Nintendo fanboy. The Wii has its flaws, even though I did not address them. I do not own a Wii, and probably never will, as enough people I know have them. I love the Xbox, and am about as hardcore as they come when it comes to hardcore games. I can't stand Final Fantasy.

John Vattic
July 24th, 2007, 08:25
And finally, while a million people jumping off a cliff may not be a good thing, standing outside of a massive orgy, watching and shaking your head is a lot less fun and pegs you as an outsider.

standing outside a masssive orgy? shaking my head?
Peoples sexual behaviors are questionable at best.
more like not participating because of the amount of std's involved and the risk of catching one just way too high.;)

Catch the analogy? probably not you people see in black and white.

and an outsider? since when is it acceptable to be a chicken-s*** conformist?
only if the outsider is making money and getting blowjobs from botulized women+cocaine?

oh i see now. please forgive me for doubting the power of the capitalist mindset.

looks like japan doesn't need another nuke to do what we tell them to. call them japitalists.

mcdougall57
July 24th, 2007, 18:21
well put koiulpoi :thumbup:

koiulpoi
July 24th, 2007, 19:02
standing outside a masssive orgy? shaking my head?
Peoples sexual behaviors are questionable at best.
more like not participating because of the amount of std's involved and the risk of catching one just way too high.;)

Catch the analogy? probably not you people see in black and white.

and an outsider? since when is it acceptable to be a chicken-s*** conformist?
only if the outsider is making money and getting blowjobs from botulized women+cocaine?

oh i see now. please forgive me for doubting the power of the capitalist mindset.

looks like japan doesn't need another nuke to do what we tell them to. call them japitalists.

You can't catch an STD playing the Wii. Sounds like YOU didn't get the analogy.

And I obviously see things in black and white. Yup. That disclaimer at the bottom of my last post didn't mean anything. Like I said, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy. There's a lot about the Wii that I don't like, but I really appreciate what Nintendo is doing - expanding the market. But apparently this is so, so wrong, because they're not catering to you.

You're really grasping now. Like I said, if people like it and have fun, they're going to give their money to Nintendo.

And, the "Capitalist Mindset"? We're talking about video games. You know, entertainment. Things that are sold for money. Nintendo isn't making the games to be nice, they're not making games because they're artistic, they're making games because people buy them. But, goodness, I must be crazy for thinking that's how it works in the world these days. Even in Communist China this is how it works. Supply and demand. Really. It's not insulting consumer intelligence because the consumer loves it. And since when was Japan not a pseudocapitalist society like ours?

And nice nuke comment. Maybe next you'll tell me that Hitler didn't go far enough with the Jews, and that they're controlling America. Or maybe you'll just say something else that proves your tiny worldview and massive misunderstandings of history and economics.

mcdougall57
July 25th, 2007, 00:01
well put again koiulpoi :thumbup:

i really get what ur saying