PDA

View Full Version : SMS Plus PSP v1.2.3 - Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for the PSP

wraggster
July 22nd, 2007, 19:51
Uberjack (http://psp.akop.org/smsplus/) has updated his Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for PlayStation Portable

Heres the whats new for this release:

20% speedup in emulation speed with new 8-bit video rendering
Option to turn off FM emulation (an additional 48% improvement in emulation speed - all games now play at 100% speed with VSync enabled)
Various small bug fixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gelon
July 22nd, 2007, 20:03
Nobody read the Homebrew and emulation subforum? ^_^

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69271

Great work with this emulator

dj2005
July 22nd, 2007, 20:03
Awesome.

JKKDARK
July 22nd, 2007, 20:43
Nobody read the Homebrew and emulation subforum? ^_^

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69271

Great work with this emulator

Yes, but it should be posted always in the PSP News Forum. Next time post it in the Submit News Forum and then a Staff member will move it to the News forum ;)

240-185
July 22nd, 2007, 20:45
Tested Shanghai, didn't hear any FM instrument whereas they should be there.

Veskgar
July 22nd, 2007, 21:35
Its great to see new emulator releases such as this. The PSP homebrew scene is stronger than ever in all departments.

We've got updated downgraders, 3.51 custom firmware, and new emulator releases. Life is good!

mcdougall57
July 23rd, 2007, 01:20
ahh the good old days i remember when you closed the master system it had a game preloaded called alex the kid

da1writer
July 23rd, 2007, 04:47
Well I have to say,
I applaud you uberjack, excellent update.
Not only is it a great update but also a great speed boost in emulation. Now I can play my games at 222mhz to save my batter and gain more playtime.
Now in my opinion, I don't think you need to update the speed anymore. You have now reached a level that I'm sure everyone is pleased at and if you can't gain more speed some how or someway, go for it. I just believe it is fast enough that only my one mentioned bug is needed to be adressed and fixed.
Yep, Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos still has their music playing way too fast. The main problem is probably because of what MMsplus gets it's problem. Here is what Brunni said about the problem from his emulator that makes the games music run fast (sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos):

For the PAL / NTSC problem, in fact it's a very weird problem; games will detect the actual console model not by reading a register but by testing the CPU cycles that happen per scanline, on NTSC it's 228, on PAL it's 273.
The problem is that MMSPlus's CPU cycle timings are not really accurate (that's why some games only run with Z80 overclock, btw), and even if I virtually emulate 228 cycles per line (that is, NTSC), actually more instructions will happen, making the game to detect a PAL unit instead of a NTSC one. It will then speed up the music so that's it's correct at 50 fps, and of course if you play it at 60 fps it will be too fast.
I've still not fixed that problem and I don't even know if it will be possible (btw a lot of other SMS emulators have this problem; being cycle accurate is very hard and sometimes cpu-hungry).

Now if you can fix this One problem, you've got yourself a perfect sms/Gamegear emulator and your emulator will be replacing a certain one on my memory stick :)!

hack.fool
July 23rd, 2007, 09:40
awesome speed improvement
thanks Uberjack

gelon
July 23rd, 2007, 12:38
MMSPlus run GG games in 166 mhz mode

PSPMaster run SOME GG games in 133 mhz mode (less cpu speed emulator ever in PSP)

Both are the best GG/MS emulators ... but the Akop work is great

jinqui242
July 23rd, 2007, 13:29
So which one is the best right now? I have MMSPlus 1.1 and PSPMaster 008b. Do I have the latest versions?

paladinja
July 23rd, 2007, 19:24
So does this play genesis roms also? I never quite got it straight if the SMS and the genesis were actually different systems, or if it was like a NES/Famicom sort of thing. Thanks in advance, I really don't feel like shuffeling more roms around than I need to.

Chameleon
July 23rd, 2007, 19:29
no, just sega master system and game gear roms

JKKDARK
July 23rd, 2007, 19:47
SI never quite got it straight if the SMS and the genesis were actually different systems, or if it was like a NES/Famicom sort of thing. Thanks in advance, I really don't feel like shuffeling more roms around than I need to.

Master System was better than NES but it's less powerful than the Genesis.

paladinja
July 23rd, 2007, 23:06
Guess I'll be keeping Dgen then. Do we think this handels SMS games better than [e]mulator? as in, enough to make it worthwhile to have? any adhoc?... on an unrelated note: anyone else hoping NJ makes a comeback to pull the new CPS3 emulator onto psp? yeahyah!

badboyluc
July 24th, 2007, 12:16
So which one is the best right now? I have MMSPlus 1.1 and PSPMaster 008b. Do I have the latest versions?

PSPMaster v009 beta4 (best sms/gg emulator) have option for HD resolution, very nice :D

Get Now

http://www.mediafire.com/?fgmdsmizmx3

:thumbup:

PS: SMS Plus PSP is very good too, but not have HD resolution :(

downloaddownload
August 6th, 2007, 23:47
Ive been recently playing gamegear games. Glad this came out. Hope for cheat support soon. Or maybe a cheat searcher.