PDA

View Full Version : CFW Expansion 3.51 LE-A Update 2

wraggster
July 22nd, 2007, 20:51
Test30 (http://www.pspmax.gratishost.com/foro/index.php?sid=63dc081bf1d4f65f18800ed7aaefca4c) has released a new version of his Custom Firmware Expansion for the M33 Custom Firmwares.

Heres the release notes:

The CFW Expansion 3.51 Lite Edition - A - Update 2

this Custom FW is updated from an M33 (first they have to install
the FW 3.51 M33)

NEW FEATURES:

*Added option of enabled Network Update
*Added option of disabled Network Update

INSTALLATION:

*First need the FW 3.51 M33
*Later copy the Folder 351leflasher and paste in GAME150
*Initiates the Installation
*and Done!! now this one in CFW 3.51 LE-A!!!

UNINSTALLATION:

*Copy the Folder LEuninstaller and paste in folder GAME150
*Initiates the Aplication
*Done now again in FW 3.51 M33

RECOMMEND:if you go installer one update of the M33 first install and later install the CFW Expansion 3.51 LE-A Update 1.

NOTE:if you installer the CFW expansion 3.51 LE-A2 no installer again because can re-copy the recovery LE-A in you flash0
but if you want installer again the CFW 3.51 LE-A2 first initiates the unistaller of the CFW 3.51 LE-A2 and later initiates the
installer of the CFW 3.51 LE-A2.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Safari Al
July 22nd, 2007, 20:59
I guess this is good news???

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 21:01
did he not understand that M33 team does not anyone else working on their custom firmware?

Andrew Shand
July 22nd, 2007, 21:18
Good work, but I'm sorry to say that this is exactly what M33 meant about the people that add in a few lines of code. I'm sure it wasn't just a FEW lines of code but, hey... Yunno what I mean...

Sterist
July 22nd, 2007, 21:28
ah ohes! he did it agaiiaaan....

Veskgar
July 22nd, 2007, 21:32
This definitely goes against the wishes of the M33 Team.

But hey, look at the bright side. Now we can enable/disable Network Update. YAY!!!

Triv1um
July 22nd, 2007, 21:35
Why is everyone biting m33's balls.

They didnt have to release the CFW, but they did and people do this when they requested not to. .

No-one would do this to DA.

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 21:59

But hey, look at the bright side. Now we can enable/disable Network Update. YAY!!!

watch, M33 team is going to add that option in their 8th update. lol

digitalvampirex
July 22nd, 2007, 22:33
wow another pointless feature no one wanted or asked for...good job for nothing...m33 don't want you releasing this crap, so stop

zevende
July 22nd, 2007, 22:57
Take this LE crap down. M33 already said that they don't want this, and also there's the fact that this is almost entirely useless.

Cloudhunter
July 22nd, 2007, 23:06
I guess this is good news???

Of course not; it's a crappy addon. M33 specifically told them NOT to release anything based on their custom firmwares!

Some people have NO respect.

Cloudy

dagger89
July 22nd, 2007, 23:30
Since when did M33 become gods and have the power to tell other coders what to do, no matter how small, or seemingly insignificant. DAX had no problem with these updates all along, and no one said anything...

these guys (M33) have some balls...

blackrave
July 22nd, 2007, 23:43
Since when did M33 become gods and have the power to tell other coders what to do, no matter how small, or seemingly insignificant. DAX had no problem with these updates all along, and no one said anything...

Well, I kinda agree with you, but then again, test30 changes the name completely. S/he doesn't give much credit to the M33 team either, just says that M33 3.51 is required.

tvrstl
July 23rd, 2007, 00:02
lol, cheap.

many homebrews can do this, and I bet m33 also can add it, we don't need ad ons wich doesn't do anything we don't need.

keep doing this on OE, because Oe is finished at this very moment, but M33 still works on their firmware.

Respect them for christs sake!!

steve520
July 23rd, 2007, 00:04
Good im glad more custom firmwares are coming and I hope they keep coming because its always good to have options.

masamune
July 23rd, 2007, 00:37
Wait a sec, this stupid add-on changes the system software read out from 3.51 M33 to 3.51 LE? If test30 wants to contribute to the homebrew scene, cool... but it seems like he's adding useless features to another teams work and taking their name off of it.

Shiori
July 23rd, 2007, 01:08
This perma-bricked my psp.

I am not a happy shiori.

- At least DA was stable...

Oh well, buy a psp slim. :)

Zargon
July 23rd, 2007, 01:58
To all coders of little addons to custom firmwares:Why not respect the wishes of the custom firmware creators? If you truly only want your name on it, make your own custom firmware from scratch. If not a custom firmware, make something else like a game or an awesome emulator or, for that matter, a mediocre emulator. Doesn't matter to me, just stop stealing other peoples thunder.

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 03:39
This perma-bricked my psp.

I am not a happy shiori.

- At least DA was stable...

Oh well, buy a psp slim. :)

r u fuking serious
man who the hell updates to this shit

sorry bout ur loss.

watupgroupie
July 23rd, 2007, 04:27
If this is bricking people's psp's then why has this made front page news? It sure doesn't deserve it, i say from now on we try and make this un heard of :)

burrito
July 23rd, 2007, 04:46
He added a couple lines of lua and then said he made the entire firmware. wtf

brasssmunky
July 23rd, 2007, 07:09
i hate this specific "custom firmware extension" the most.
they make you use a stupid GAMELE5 folder for homebrew, the 2 recovery menus are just a hassle,
and it has had NO real features untill now
plus you can get rid of the network update yourself if you want, just look for the prx in the flash
test30, you are just making everyone mad, m33 asked you to stop, so just be nice and stop.

osgeld
July 23rd, 2007, 08:33
yay you added a feature that 99.99% of users never touch

slapped your name on it and changed a cupple things around + bricked someones psp

good goin, keep pissing off the M33 team

some of us appreciate the hard work M33 did to keep the CFW's up to date, and their commitment to squelch any bugs that pop up

we do not wish them to get fed up with wannabe's and leave the scene

Shiori
July 23rd, 2007, 12:53
I only wanted to see if this update had anything interesting in it...

Kinda like the gentix xmb theme, that had some interesting additions to the main music.prx that you might like to see. Or OE 3.3 to 3.4... Alot of work goes into those updates that you dont really notice.

This obviously is some cheap crap. That results in power on no responce brick for me.

(And no i'm not a total dumbass and installed it wrong or wiped my entire flash...)

I just persume it conflicted with something unique to my psp.

So a fitting end to a launch day psp-1000. Jeez I remember when we had to hot swap mem sticks. haha.

jinqui242
July 23rd, 2007, 13:20
Re: Disabling the Network Update.

Just don't click on it in your XMB! Unless you have some empty-headed five year-old playing around with your PSP, I don't see the point of this feature. If you can't trust someone not to screw around with your PSP's settings, then they shouldn't be touching it.

blackrave
July 23rd, 2007, 13:25
Both OE and presumably M33 firmwares have firmware updates locked, so you can't even boot up official firmwares. Your little brother wouldn't be able to upgrade your PSP anyway. This could be useful if you want the network update button to boot a homebrew, for example, though.

Sonicboy 101
July 23rd, 2007, 14:22
He added a couple lines of lua and then said he made the entire firmware. wtf

Yeah
I'm happy that he's trying and all, but putting on useless stuff just takes the biscuit.

Veskgar
July 23rd, 2007, 20:29
i hate this specific "custom firmware extension" the most.
they make you use a stupid GAMELE5 folder for homebrew

Really? It changes the folder naming also? That is even more ridiculous. Also, I happen to like using the Network Update. I use it to get all the latest firmware updates from SONY to use with the M33 Creator, lol.

mikedeezy
July 24th, 2007, 00:59
man somone tell this idiot to stop these "cfws" hes making, all he is gonan do is make m33 stop working on custom firmwares and say let test30 make your frimwares... i mean i oculd see if he was adding legit shit but come on that bs he makes i can do it... and i dont know shit aobut coding.

mikedeezy
July 24th, 2007, 00:59
or spelling :)

logicbomb.de
July 24th, 2007, 01:00
This "update" is about as useful as a plate full of charred bacon.

shedeus
July 24th, 2007, 02:33
i semi bricked... but luckily was able to recover

i think perhaps because i was running no themes, custom prx's, or anything of the sort?

sorry for your loss shiori

DarthPaul
July 24th, 2007, 03:25
Wow,is he dumb? The Network Update icon is one of the icons I use. For me,it's easier to create my Network Connection through this icon.
And yeah,why he still doing this crap? Who wants to change the game folder to GAMELE5? That's pointless..

At least Becus25 gave up,and admitted that his "add-on" was something useless and stop making it.

Lmao! Wow...

This "update" is about as useful as a plate full of charred bacon.

:rofl:

SketchPCIS
July 24th, 2007, 07:11

Please tell me that was sarcasm. Because last I heard, having the 'balls' to tell someone to stop plagiarizing their work, renaming it entirely (and only adding a few lines of code, whereas the ORIGINAL authors have been working from scratch) was smiled upon, not frowned upon.

So I hope for your sake that was entirely sarcastic, and not a pile of useless retarded drivel. Wrag, why are you giving this hack Front page? He doesn't deserve it, and he certainly didn't earn it.

Buddy4point0
July 24th, 2007, 10:08
Wrag, why are you giving this hack Front page? He doesn't deserve it, and he certainly didn't earn it.
everything in the news forums gets front paged automatically by the computer ;)

tvrstl
July 24th, 2007, 12:46
everything in the news forums gets front paged automatically by the computer ;)

no, not dumb titles, made one this spring, a big falure, and I'm glad it didn't get to the front page, I'd never be forgiven

SketchPCIS
July 24th, 2007, 18:46
no, not dumb titles, made one this spring, a big falure, and I'm glad it didn't get to the front page, I'd never be forgiven

Yeah, they pick and choose what gets FP'ed. So unless Wrag has an auto thing for Firmwares, or things with certain words in the title, he doesn't need to continue to give guys like this credit, and possibly drive the M33 team away (If the communities don't respect them, then what's the point of doing FWs anymore?)

jebu
August 18th, 2007, 23:19
Only Use Updates From M33 Team!!!