PDA

View Full Version : Mad eye alive?

tuskk
July 22nd, 2007, 22:15
-they never found the body of him

-the eye was found on the door of dolores umbridge

-and when harry went to diagon alley he saw a homeless person who had lost an eye and though the person looked familiar but he couldent make out who it was

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 22:16
which page is the diagon alley bit?

Raach.16
July 22nd, 2007, 22:31
oh wait, ive found it

im sure his eye socket wouldnt have been bloody though, when he took out in th 5th book to clean it in harrys house, it didnt bleed i dont think....?

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 00:45
he has to be dead i think... the only reason that they didnt find a body was that the death eaters had disposed of it... probibly had some fun with it first of course but as they said about barty crouch in the 4th book his son turned his body into just one single bone to bury making it impossible to relate it to a freshly dead corpes?

when harry ron and hermy went to girmmold place i got excited that tht security thing was the actually moody but nope... i liked him though was a good laugh far too cautious but you know...

but yeah i think they kept his eye and gave it to umbridge because they wanted to show people who were related to the order what had happened to someone who had tried to defend harry and fight against voldemort but doing it kind of subtly so they didnt ask to many questions about the fact that even though a great aura had been killed by then harry potter had escaped again?

well thats my opinion but i reckon if he had been alive we would have seen more of him? and he defenitly would not have stand by and watch others risk their lives and not helped and if voldemort had him captured harry probably would have seen...yes?

tuskk
July 23rd, 2007, 03:49
ok i respect your opinion and all but ill put a few more things that might have happend out there

his body was never found he might have been cornered by DE on ground and they might have put a strong memory charm or the imperious curse so he wouldent interfere nemore. they took his eye so ppl dident recognize him and threw him in diagon alley with thoose beggers

or he could have escaped thrown away his eye and well given up. and then stuck around with the beggers in diagon alley to well hide out.

my real point is that i dont think that jk would have made it so they never found the body the eye was taken away and harry saw an eyeless begger in diagon alley for nothing.

julesphoenix
July 23rd, 2007, 05:33
ok i respect your opinion and all but ill put a few more things that might have happend out there

his body was never found he might have been cornered by DE on ground and they might have put a strong memory charm or the imperious curse so he wouldent interfere nemore. they took his eye so ppl dident recognize him and threw him in diagon alley with thoose beggers

or he could have escaped thrown away his eye and well given up. and then stuck around with the beggers in diagon alley to well hide out.

my real point is that i dont think that jk would have made it so they never found the body the eye was taken away and harry saw an eyeless begger in diagon alley for nothing.
Yes, but if Moody had been the eyeless beggar....and if he was, he must have had his mind obliviated...they would have recognized him. With or without his eye, Moody would have been highly distinguishable. He is dead...no doubt about it...

julesphoenix
July 23rd, 2007, 05:37
Sorry, I needed to make note...according to page 525, the beggar was never identified as being eyeless, it said "One man had a bloody bandage over his eye."

BookHeart
July 23rd, 2007, 08:20
Sorry, I needed to make note...according to page 525, the beggar was never identified as being eyeless, it said "One man had a bloody bandage over his eye."

she put that in there to keep us wondering she wants people to continue talking about her books even when they're done with. more profitable to her

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 10:49
theres still the point that his eye socket wouldnt have been bloody. it would have healed itself over time..

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 11:58
if he was alive we would have seen him again no doubt about it!

at that point in the book the death eaters hadn't taken over the ministry so they had the government against them so they couldn't be showing too much? it did mention about the whole barty crouch thing and they were good and hiding bodies so yeah...

but in the 4th book moody teaches the class how to prevent being used under the imperious curse so surely he would have been able to fight it and plus death eaters wouldn't have put a memory charm on him because whats the point in that? if he wasn't dead and the caught up with him they would have killed him!

but yeah seriously if he had been alive JK would have mentioned it he was definitely dead!

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 12:08
oh and bill saw him get hit in the head with the killing curse!

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 12:44
yeah and jk rowling wouldnt leave his 'death' as an opening, it is the last book asfter all

tuskk
July 23rd, 2007, 15:42
someone said sumtn about moody teachin them to fight off the imper curse in the 4th book.....but i was under the impresion that in the 4th book that wasent moody it was barty crouch jr drinking poition to look like moody

paddfoot2
August 15th, 2007, 10:25
He's dead, sorry, Get over it

Swimkid
August 15th, 2007, 23:32
He's dead, sorry, Get over it

Nice. I agree get over the fact people. Maybe JKR just wanted to start of the book with a big green mad eye BANG!