PDA

View Full Version : something interesting about snape's death

akim6890
July 23rd, 2007, 08:38
well im not sure how many people realized but it hit me later when i was thinking about it
when snape dies and harry is by his side
after harry collects snape's memories snape says something of "look at me" and i thought at first he wanted some kind of redemption or to tell harry that he was good but then i realized he just wanted to see lily's eyes for the last time because harry had lily's eyes and snape loved lily yada yada yada

also i think that cover is the last scene between voldemort and harry when he kills him
i think voldemort is about to die
and harry is reaching for the elder wand when its flying through the air going to the "master it would not kill" it almost looks likes they're surrounded by death eaters cuz it looks like the people are hooded but i guess they could just be silhouettes idk but thats my theory on the cover

i just thought the snape thing was interesting

Chameleon
July 23rd, 2007, 08:49
way to ruin it for people that havent read the book yet!!!

Your lucky I think Harry Potter is gay

jk.. harry is the coolest :)

BookHeart
July 23rd, 2007, 09:11
snape was one of the best characters jk ever created. Do you think she always planned for snape to fall in love with lily?

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 11:02
argh yes your cover(american one!!) has that duel or whatever on it, but the english one has harry ron and hermione falling out the vault. ive read this in a couple of other threads, otheres assuming theyre right about the cover.

i think it was hinted in the 6th book, when harry went into snapes memories, and lily tried to stick up for him. but i cant think of anything else..

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 12:01
way to ruin it for people that havent read the book yet!!!

to be fair if you haven't read the book and didn't want know what happened you wouldn't come on to a forum about harry potter? thats just stupid! so really if any1 reads this and then gets upset its their own fault!

oh and yeah the thing about lilly's eyes i wondered what he wanted to say but as soon as you pointed out that he said look at me i knew why! wow thanks...

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 12:50
i wanted him to say 'harry, iiiii am your father'

muahaha.

Vendelay
July 23rd, 2007, 12:59
i wanted him to say 'harry, iiiii am your father'

muahaha.

It would have been a bit strange, though, since everyone said Harry looked exactly like James, except for his eyes.
But otherwise, it would have been fun!

Dobby
July 23rd, 2007, 12:59
JKR had said that Harry's eyes being like Lily's were important to the last book.

And untill I read that sentence I didn't realise why!!

I have to admit, this detail was so small and quick that I almost missed it. But its amazing that something we've pondered on since JKR told it was significant has been answered with those simple yet important and effective three words.

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 13:03
it moved me too. i think lily should have got together with snape. but then of course, thered be no harry potter and no story so yeah. anyways...

TheWalrus90
July 23rd, 2007, 22:33
I think Snape said look at me as to look at my memories, to look at him in the pensive, but nobody can be certain about it... (exept JK)

albus-severus-potter
July 23rd, 2007, 22:44
yeah thanks, i wondered what he was going to say, now i realise. Thanks xD

xxellexx
July 24th, 2007, 14:52
I agree I thought, after reading the chapter 'The Prince's Tale', that Snape wanted to see Lily's eyes one last time before he died.

TheKingsDaddy
July 25th, 2007, 08:13
I think JK had Snapes story from the beginning anf if not his whole story at least the quality of his character. I was very happy after reading this chapter because i always had faith in Snape and that he would do his part for good in the end.

Raach.16
July 25th, 2007, 09:59
I think Snape said look at me as to look at my memories, to look at him in the pensive, but nobody can be certain about it... (exept JK)

well after he said 'look at me' there was a line about harrys green eyes meeting snapes, why would it put the colour if it wasnt about snape seeing lilys eyes for the last time

Swimkid
August 16th, 2007, 17:51
Akim's right. It was Harrys eyes. God why does everyone over analyse Harry Potter. Not everything is coded deep within the text.