PDA

View Full Version : Why all the sony hate?

shadowprophet
June 20th, 2005, 01:52
It seems to me that people hate whoevers in the lead.
I mean sure you can hate a company thats brought you all these awsome things.
Sure you can despise that they dont want to lose money because people are finding ways to be entertained on the system they made for the purpess of makeing money.

As much hate that is being generated tword sony.
Truthfully and i pose this question to those that know whats im saying.
If you created a system and brought it out for the purpess of makeing games, wouldnt you encrypt it out the ass to make sure that nobody else could take your paycheck away from you?

Answer however you see fit, but we all know the true answer.

Hate a company that makes a machine and abandons it.
Hate a company that doesnt give its consumers whats they ask.
But dont hate sony.
As far as i can tell even admistd its compition,sony has done more to make the consumer happy then any other company around.
If you can get past personal hangups about firmware and other small quifs, I believe most people could see this.

;)

Chrone
June 20th, 2005, 02:16
It seems to me that people hate whoevers in the lead.
Sure you can despise that they dont want to lose money because people are finding ways to be entertained on the system they made for the purpess of makeing money.

As much hate that is being generated tword sony.
Truthfully and i pose this question to those that know whats im saying.
If you created a system and brought it out for the purpess of makeing games, wouldnt you encrypt it out the ass to make sure that nobody else could take your paycheck away from you?

Answer however you see fit, but we all know the true answer.

Hate a company that makes a machine and abandons it.
Hate a company that doesnt give its consumers whats they ask.
But dont hate sony.
As far as i can tell even admistd its compition,sony has done more to make the consumer happy then any other company around.
If you can get past personal hangups about firmware and other small quifs, I believe most people could see this.

;)

I hate sony because they are cheap when it comes to quality of their products. Its a direct result of their profit loss and inability to meet the demand of the PSP. I fear to send in for a replacement PSP (Mine has 5 stuck pixels) because I KNOW sony will send me some rejected refurbished system as a replacement, and I'll be in a worse situation then I was to begin with.

My DS had a dead pixel, and Nintendo sets it up so that you request a new one, they send it, once your brand new one gets to you, you send your broken one to them, and everyones happy.

Sony will never have that kind of commitment to their customers, becuase they spend all that money to market and make their systems, leaving nothing left over to fix its problems.

Jdemon
June 20th, 2005, 02:24
a picture is worth a thousand words....

I still love my PSP but I'll never buy another SONY Console System (I only have a PSX)

Cap'n 1time
June 20th, 2005, 02:30
ah, i love that picture.

i think nintendo has always cared more for its consumers than any other company, sony had some problems with their ps2 and its cheap parts, while other the previouse gen consoles (including the DC in my book) were built like tanks.

shadowprophet
June 20th, 2005, 02:41
Lol that is a snizzle pic tho:D

slayer2psp
June 20th, 2005, 02:43
i only hate ea because they bought the rights too the nfl and now the best football game ever made nfl2k5 can no longer be made. im also not a big fan of nintendo because they only care about the kids make some damn games for the adults enough of the mario crap nintendo hasnt had a new game idea in years im not talking about the ds thats differnt just seems like they just keep making money off the same old stuff how many mario partys can anyone stand

quzar
June 20th, 2005, 02:53
this is an off topic thread.

also, Sony isn't in the lead buisness-wise when it comes to videogames. Nintendo remains to be making more money off of its games than Sony or Microsoft.

One of the big reasons I dislike sony is because of their lies. There isn't really that fine a line between hype and lying, but sony clearly crosses it every time they launch a console. Even worse than this is the un-educated fanboyism that they create. By hyping so much, they draw in those who don't care to do real research about what they will buy and simply believe what they are told in commercials or whatnot, that creates a userbase who will defend it to the death because not only do they believe the lies, but know that if the lies were false it will make them regret their 300+$ investment. Now I'm not saying all Playstation users are idiots, far from it, but if this forum alone would be used as an indicator, the DC section users vs. the PSP section users... well....

obelisk
June 20th, 2005, 03:13
i dont hate "sony", i am just erked that the dreamcast related stuff gets drowned here at dcemu.co.uk by psp stuff. i do my "bump for dreamcast thing", cause.... um i have a DC. i don't have a PSP, or ps2, or xbox, and i love my dc dearly, and this is / was the hottest place for dreamcast stuff. i do have an old psx, stopped plying it about 1 year max after getting my dc.

shadowprophet
June 20th, 2005, 03:17
Sorry about the off tipic nature of the thred quzar.
But even the unprudent nauture of some of my posts have meaning.
I like to stir things up,get people excited and then listen to there comments.
Its quite entertaining at times :D

Jdemon
June 20th, 2005, 03:38
I think alot of DC users (myself included) have a thing against Sony for the very reasons that have been mentioned. I remember when people were still waiting for PS2 units about a year after the DC release. Sony just kept bumping back the dates for new units and all the Sony "fanboys" kept waiting when they could have been having a great time playing PSO on Dreamcast.

PS2 never had any interest for me and PS3 won't either, but the PSP is one sweet little bugger of a machine...so I couldn't resist and I'm glad I didn't.

quzar
June 20th, 2005, 03:39
obelisk: try out dcemulation.com

shadowprophet: there is nothing with offtopic posts, just put them in off topic where they belong.

WHurricane16
June 20th, 2005, 05:54
i only hate ea because they bought the rights too the nfl and now the best football game ever made nfl2k5 can no longer be made. im also not a big fan of nintendo because they only care about the kids make some damn games for the adults enough of the mario crap nintendo hasnt had a new game idea in years im not talking about the ds thats differnt just seems like they just keep making money off the same old stuff how many mario partys can anyone stand

Yeah, nothing impresses me more to see grown mean play video games all day long, ruining the productivity of the world. Kids can't get on the conosle but dad is saving the world from mutant viruses, or he's boinking prostitutes in the back of cabs.

Games are for kids. Saying that Nintendo targets kids.......what is the harm in that? I don't think they target kids, I just think the market for games has changed. Everybody wants to buy more and more realistic games and mature games. I thought video games was suppose to take me away from everyday life, not give me stuff that reminds me of it. Give me Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Pikmin, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper (latter 3 are new Sony faves of mine) any day of the freaking weak.

Btw, I have finally got GTA: Vice City in my stable. Played it for a week, but there is only so much carnage I could stand. If you really want to get pissed off, that game series targets kids because of it's almost cartoonish look and pallette. But no, no one here will ever see what I see.

So keep on with the ridiculous comments about games, I'll just remember all the morons I've seen spending valuable time playing video games instead of taking care of their families.

Games are for kids, let it be for the kid in you.

seems like they just keep making money off the same old stuff how many mario partys can anyone stand

This is probably from someone who hasn't even played a Mario game lately, but has played GTA 3, GTA Vice City, and San Andreas. How much of that pooh can one take? Oh, it's for the pubescents they don't seem to mind.

krowstrife
June 20th, 2005, 07:26
I hate sony well because they suck
actually well the aren't every original, everything they they rip off, well eyetoy was cool,but online, they didn't anything to online, Xboxlive well that is way better

I have my stirfes with nintendo (pun very much intended) but they are cool, well they are morons and i could run a vg bussiness better myself, but they give me what i want, well online is mia on gamecube, well nintendo sucks but the revolution is going to be the god damned bussiness, ps3 is just the same crap over and over again

as for all the moron psp noobs leave go, far away, dig a hole, get in it, and die, then go to hell and burn, i am sick of all the noob posts it was bearable when it was Dc but psp lame, i mean the psp is powerful but sony sucks with hardware quaility and $250 i am poor i haven't spend that on any system left alone a handheld i wish i good end this post with a good point but that ain't me i dont end sentences with periods let alone express a valid point in an intellegent way

so as a closing statement, all of you psp noob

STFu!!!! yep you

hey i was wrong i did end on a good point

quzar
June 20th, 2005, 08:41
I hate sony well because they suck
actually well the aren't every original, everything they they rip off, well eyetoy was cool,but online, they didn't anything to online, Xboxlive well that is way better

Eyetoy? sounds familiar *coughcoughDreamEyecoughcough*.

krowstrife
June 20th, 2005, 09:01
ha i forgot about that thing, sony sucks'

shade
June 20th, 2005, 09:43
I don't completly hate Sony, their consoles have some good games but I don't like what they have donew to the market, they have branded the market, the name "Playstation" is what many people are calling Games consoles. I have seen people call Dreamcast, Gamecube & X-Box Playstations it pisses me off. I've even seen a Cas Converter shop advertise a Dreamcast as a "Playstation Dreamcast" and as an avid Sega & dreamcast fan I was furious. I don't have a PSP and I don't want one at the moment as I don't play many games on the go because of crappy buses make it hard to play a game and not screw up, I already have advance movie player and a 1GB CF card so I can listen to music on the go which is not that often, I can play games the quality of the PSP on my PS2 and GC. So as you can see £180 is a bit much for me for a PSP. I have a PS2 but I can't remember the last time I played it. I play my DC, GC and DS the most, I love DS because it has the potential to have different kind of games on it and it has with Wario Ware, Pac-Pix, my copy of Kirby is on the way and I can't wait for Another Code this friday.
Nintendo for kids? Nintendo have never said that they make games for kids, they make games for everyone, just becuse games like Mario Sunshine and Zelda WW have cartoonish graphics does not mean they are for kids, in fact they have very deep gameplay, but they do need to make some neww franchises.

quzar
June 20th, 2005, 11:08
Same thing was happening before Sony. Before the playstation, all video games were nintendos, and before that they were all ataris. just like how all adhesive bandages are band-aides and how all facial tissues are kleenex.

DCDayDreamer
June 20th, 2005, 13:31
It's a bit narrow minded to 'hate' a company that actually keeps the gaming market on it's toes, however good the system or game releases, without them there probably wouldn't be any competition pushing things further to knock them off their self-made (whatever the means) number one position.

You've really got to give Sony credit for what they've achieved, they know what people want (not particularly what they need) - the sales figures speak for themselves.

I'm a gaming fan, plain and simple, it doesn't bother me who made what, it's a chance to escape the humdrum chores of real life.

If there's any company that people should be complaining about, it's Microsoft, they've ripped people off for years in the PC industry and now the game console industry (only because they wanted a slice of Sony's pie).

I_Highway
June 22nd, 2005, 14:44
Well, as quzar spoke, I think it's all about lies. The ps was a fine device, but it lacked the feeling, the emotion other consoles gives. OK, it was 3D, it was cheap, it was advanced. sony had a chance, a gap beetwen the 16bits and the difficult-to-program Saturn and the extremely expensive 3DO, and used that chance like nobody had yet done in this market. (Nintendo should be shame of it. Almost dr. Frankenstein)

It's sony's right to provide the market with what they want. And plastation had three major factors that changed the market: a very poor quality control for the games, zillions of dollars in marketing and their greatest sight: the old gamers were getting old, and videogames should change from a toy to a entertainment device. It was not the first company to thing this way (in fact, Sega and 3DO had this in mind when launched their consoles), but was the first to really achieve this goal. Maybe because of the extra large quantity of games, due to the blind quality control.

BUT there was no emotion in playing the same games in playstation we played in Saturn or 3DO. sony removed away the feeling from videogame market, bring instead the low price and great library of worthless titles. That was really not good for the old gamelovers, who had discovered the wonderfuls of Sega's and Nintendo's machines.

And the lies about the ps2 were the big deal about hating sony. ps2 never was better then Dreamcast at all, and the "emotion engine" was the most difamous name of a chip ever. It has none emotion, you just play a bunch of bits, and makes you nervous. But the lies quzar had mentioned and the big hype and marketing expenses covered the truth about the possibilities and fun of the system. And that makes furious the ones who had the emotions genesis, or other system once gave.

Besides that, sony uses its high economic power to take control of the market, just like Microsoft has done for so many years in the PC market. And with no technological increase, because every new device from sony was previously launched by other companys.

rmedtx
June 22nd, 2005, 16:15
There's no reason to hate a company. Just don't buy their products.

ptr.exe
June 23rd, 2005, 16:43
I think when you hate a company you have problems, but i dislike Sony for their crap build-quality and hardware PS2 layout, that thing is a modders nightmare. Sony cut corners everywhere their products are riddled with faults waiting to happen, it used to be when you buy a new TV or something with Sony printed on it, it was a mark of quality its now a mark of you better get the extended warranty.

Also they do not innovate, Sony are stagnating the market with remakes and ensuring that any new brand is quickly bought exclusively for PS2, causing companies to just be complacent with producing low grade 'mature' games.

I still play my PS2 and bought San Andreas on release day (only to be dissapointed to complete that disaster of polygons in 4 days), but i still think that if sony continue on their path they will do this industry only bad.

shadowprophet
June 24th, 2005, 07:11
Hmm Yeah i guess people are right about that quality issue.
I got to thinking about that.
You know im on my third ps2 right now because the others developed the dreaded disc read error.
I suppose on the quality issue people have a point. But the same happened to my first/only xbox . I would have replaced it but. As much as it will offend people who like the xbox. I just didnt like the system. It was big and clunky and ugly. And yeah as shallow as it sounds to say, if a system is ugly as sin i am just less impressed with it.
Again I apologize if it offends anyone that i hate the xbox.
But i will never take back that i said it.:p

Jdemon
June 26th, 2005, 16:09
You could make it look alot nicer :D ->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5810&page=3...not to get off the subject :p

hmmm...Sony hate right? I can name that tune in one word...

BLEEMCAST!!! :mad: (you bastards!)

FrierTuck
June 26th, 2005, 19:08
boy i wish my bleemcast didnt suck for like al but three games and yes, sony dosent care about the qualtiy, its just "lets see how fast we can put out these systems, who needs quality"

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 02:56
1. Bleem!cast
2. Lied about the PS2 hardware specs, features (HDTV, 75 Mio Polygons, etc) and price before it came out so people would not dare to buy a DC in the meantime... Also giving out faked screenshots and presented faked demos to the press.

Saq
June 28th, 2005, 05:27
Sony's PS2 and PS3 only suck if you yourself, havnt played it. But whatever.. i like it, i found out the easy way that there really really entertaining.

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 13:29
I don't think you've played the PS3 as of yet ;)

I've not said that the console (PS2) itself sucks. It can only be as good as the games that are available for it anyway, and afaik there are pretty much great games for all kinds of different likes available for PS2. It's probably the best platform atm if you got enough time and money to buy and play all its rarities & gems, e.g. Okami.
Still, as there are no Nintendo games like Zelda available for PS2, the GameCube got the very best games of the three systems available on an exclusive base :D

What really annoyed me was that back in 1998 they spread lies and rumors about the PS2 before it's been released that just were wrong. That's not exactly what you'd expect from the No.1 in the console market. Let's hope they don't repeat doing that with PS3.

Does anyone remember what they said about the PS2 back then?

Cap'n 1time
June 28th, 2005, 14:08
the xbox is so well made that is bulletproof, you dont see any ps2's saving any lives now do ya?

DCDayDreamer
June 28th, 2005, 17:48
the xbox is so well made that is bulletproof, you dont see any ps2's saving any lives now do ya?

I'd rather have a PS2 fall on my head and receive minor concussion than an X-Box causing severe brain damage or death!.

Sorry!, had to throw that one into the now completely 'off topic' thread.

law56ker
June 28th, 2005, 18:06
I think when you hate a company you have problems, but i dislike Sony for their crap build-quality and hardware PS2 layout, that thing is a modders nightmare. Sony cut corners everywhere their products are riddled with faults waiting to happen, it used to be when you buy a new TV or something with Sony printed on it, it was a mark of quality its now a mark of you better get the extended warranty.

Also they do not innovate, Sony are stagnating the market with remakes and ensuring that any new brand is quickly bought exclusively for PS2, causing companies to just be complacent with producing low grade 'mature' games.

I still play my PS2 and bought San Andreas on release day (only to be dissapointed to complete that disaster of polygons in 4 days), but i still think that if sony continue on their path they will do this industry only bad.

LOL a nintendo fan using "remakes" as an excuse to bash sony? Low grade mature games? wth are you talking about. The you bash sony cause you can't put a modchip in it? sad. Then you buy a game that you say you hate, thats your own fault. These fanboy posts are funny. I just buy the systems that have the games I want, when i was about 14 or 15 i was a close minded fanboy as well.

law56ker
June 28th, 2005, 18:12
1. Bleem!cast
2. Lied about the PS2 hardware specs, features (HDTV, 75 Mio Polygons, etc) and price before it came out so people would not dare to buy a DC in the meantime... Also giving out faked screenshots and presented faked demos to the press.
1. Nintendo and Microsoft whould have done the same thing if some company allowed you to play their games discs on a competeting system. You think nintendo whould just sit there if someone made it so you could play gamecube games on the ps3 etc.. Yea right. The dreamcast failed cause sega was worse then sony when it came to it's systems. The segacd, the 32x that thousands bought and wasn't supported, then eventually the saturn. The dreamcast was doomed by segas past and treatment of both developers and segafans. Faked Demos? Tons of demos that microsoft, microsoft, and nintendo, are sometimes demos of what they think the final hardware is going do thats commonplace.

RockinB
June 28th, 2005, 18:48
I can't exactly say which I hate most:

Sony for destroying SEGA, forcing shops to not sell other companies video game systems, lying to get an advantage over SEGA, making people pay any price to buy the PS2 at lauch.

Or these dumbass PSX customers which I see every year at christmas buying without even knowing (and without to care) what they buy, just to have a present, people mixing console and company names (calling every videogame Playstation or Nintendo).

A little link to the past:
Me being in the electronics market, 13 years ago. A little girl standing in front of Game Gears and Game Boys. Father asks her to buy the Game Gear (3x expensive as Game Boy) with COLOR SCREEN, but the little girl want the GameBoy, nothing else.

quzar
June 28th, 2005, 19:24
Sony was nowhere near as bad as nintendo was during the NES era, where they would literally strongarm shops into selling NES items exclusively. If they saw a shop might start selling sega products (or atari or whatnot) your promised preorder shipment of new games or hardware might mysteriously dissapear and your competitor might get double or whatnot.

DCDayDreamer
June 28th, 2005, 23:05
A little link to the past:
Me being in the electronics market, 13 years ago. A little girl standing in front of Game Gears and Game Boys. Father asks her to buy the Game Gear (3x expensive as Game Boy) with COLOR SCREEN, but the little girl want the GameBoy, nothing else.

Says it all really, the little girl liked the ads better, her friends had a GB - she had to have one!

The moral of the story is: if you're a part of a company, you need to sell your product!

Some companies are better at the sales pitch than others, it's not about YOU (the gamer), it's about the profit margin!, you'd probably be amazed at what the board of directors of some companies would like to advertise to get the sales up - luckily (for them, not us), they have a team of lawyers bending the rules to near breaking point for their little slice of the pie keeping things (barely) legal.

FrierTuck
June 29th, 2005, 01:01
i dont really hate sony, i owned a PS1 for quite some time and played PS2 all the time, but the quality really sucks, i had to fix my friends ps2, it was a pian in the but, for a really small problem

Jdemon
June 29th, 2005, 01:19
Bleem! existed for the PC for years before the company came up with the version for Dreamcast and Sony didn't do a thing about it before that.

FrierTuck
June 29th, 2005, 04:40
this is kinda out of the way, but will bleemcast ever be better, cause i really want to not have to carry aound 2 systems when i go places, alot of stff run, but then cgi videos are like revese color and stuff, re direct me if im in the wrong place

quzar
June 29th, 2005, 10:10
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050523l.jpg

hits the nail square on the head (pun maybe intended).

Christuserloeser
June 29th, 2005, 14:07
this is kinda out of the way, but will bleemcast ever be better, cause i really want to not have to carry aound 2 systems when i go places, alot of stff run, but then cgi videos are like revese color and stuff, re direct me if im in the wrong place

There were three releases:
Bleem!cast Metal Gear Solid Edition
Bleem!cast Gran Turismo Edition
Bleem!cast Tekken 3 Edition

Sounds like you have the beta.

FrierTuck
June 29th, 2005, 22:52
is it ever gonna move past beta, i mean, its been around for forever, is it ever gonna get prefected

Christuserloeser
June 29th, 2005, 23:31
There were three releases. Those are perfect ;)

FrierTuck
June 30th, 2005, 03:52
i mean beside that, the ones that work for like all games, i know about the specific one, i really want to play my FF7 on my DC

Christuserloeser
June 30th, 2005, 20:21
No. There probably never will be another Bleem!cast release.

Thank you, Sony.

law56ker
July 7th, 2005, 19:12
Bleem! existed for the PC for years before the company came up with the version for Dreamcast and Sony didn't do a thing about it before that.
Comparing a pc to a rival console emulating your system is stupid, consoles main competitors are the other consoles not pcs. If there was an xbox2 emulator that waa able to emulate gamecube games somehow, you all know that nintendo whould go after the selllers of this emulator. Nintendo is one of the biggest and aggresive companies against homebrew and emulation, shutting down site after site of games that simulate there games like zelda, mario etc. Nintendo also made the gamecube specifically to stop any kind of emulation, homebrew or backups on it.

Christuserloeser
July 16th, 2005, 23:59
You got a very good point with e.g. xbox360 emulating GameCube or similar. Nintendo would do anything that's possible to prevent that from happen. So would any other company. Still a shame they sued Bleem!

I think Nintendo is against using their copyrighted stuff and to warez their games. Nothing wrong with that I think. Their handhelds however were pretty homebrew friendly. Not that Nintendo would have supported that tho...

ptr.exe
July 18th, 2005, 13:43
Nintendo are aggressive, but only in Japan it seems. Every highstreet in the UK has someone selling Fami-Clones, those crappy N64 controllers with built in 128 games like Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Then there are thousands of UK sites with thousands of NES/SNES/N64/GBA games to offer, i can understand the old games but when a new GBA game is on a site before you can get down to the shops to buy it, ninty need to do more. It would be a shame if DS games start getting pirated.

And as Christ said, ninty are pretty friendly to homebrew.

DCDayDreamer
July 18th, 2005, 17:56
The key point in homebrew is the fact that it's mainly free, as soon as any homebrew starts venturing into a commercial market there's some serious issues to overcome with regards to avoiding any copyright infringement if it's on a console that's still on the market. Even consoles that have reached their sell by date have these copyright infringements to consider before any release is made. Sony more than likely wouldn't have taken such a dim view if Bleemcast had been a free product, it ventured into the market when Sony was at the top, even though Bleemcast itself was never going to be a serious threat to their commercial status, they were just flexing their muscles against the 'small fry'.

At the end of the day - no Sony, no Playstation, no Bleemcast...

if they'd thought a little more about it, they could have exploited Bleemcast's ability to enhance their Playstation games and sell the majority of their back catalogue of poor games (let's face it, they had the quantity, but lost the quality somewhere along the way). Down the line, they could have also boasted about their Playstation 2 being better than the Dreamcast/Bleemcast at playing the older games (the pre release hype for that one was way off the mark anyway, so why not more fabrications?).

quzar
July 18th, 2005, 18:03
Nintendo are aggressive, but only in Japan it seems. Every highstreet in the UK has someone selling Fami-Clones, those crappy N64 controllers with built in 128 games like Mario, Metroid, Zelda. Then there are thousands of UK sites with thousands of NES/SNES/N64/GBA games to offer, i can understand the old games but when a new GBA game is on a site before you can get down to the shops to buy it, ninty need to do more. It would be a shame if DS games start getting pirated.

And as Christ said, ninty are pretty friendly to homebrew.

In the US they recently cracked down on those. Now you can't buy famiclones as easily as you used to be able to (in malls and such).

Mental2k
July 25th, 2005, 15:11
The key point in homebrew is the fact that it's mainly free, as soon as any homebrew starts venturing into a commercial market there's some serious issues to overcome with regards to avoiding any copyright infringement if it's on a console that's still on the market. Even consoles that have reached their sell by date have these copyright infringements to consider before any release is made. Sony more than likely wouldn't have taken such a dim view if Bleemcast had been a free product, it ventured into the market when Sony was at the top, even though Bleemcast itself was never going to be a serious threat to their commercial status, they were just flexing their muscles against the 'small fry'.

At the end of the day - no Sony, no Playstation, no Bleemcast...

if they'd thought a little more about it, they could have exploited Bleemcast's ability to enhance their Playstation games and sell the majority of their back catalogue of poor games (let's face it, they had the quantity, but lost the quality somewhere along the way). Down the line, they could have also boasted about their Playstation 2 being better than the Dreamcast/Bleemcast at playing the older games (the pre release hype for that one was way off the mark anyway, so why not more fabrications?).

Yeah but wasnt bleemcast better at playing PS1 games than PS2,

also sony had been trying to close down bleem looooooooong before bleemcast arrived on the scene, almost as soon as bleem went commercial. Bleem kept winning their court cases too. The problem was that Bleem could not really afford to keep shelling out to deffend themselves, mega sony could.

That's my beef with sony, they can offord to just throw cash at stuff to kill off other companies, and ideas. E.g. sega, but sony actually bought other emulators for the PS off their owners, and then just discontinued them.

quzar
July 26th, 2005, 08:08
Bleemed games on the DC look better than they do on the PS2. The PS2 has no effort to improve the quality other than lackluster full screen filters.

RedKing14CA
July 26th, 2005, 08:20
THEY ARE MAKING THE MONEY OFF THE SYSTEM!!!!!! THE MONEY MADE OF THE GAMES SHOULD GO TO THE CREATORS OF THE GAMES!!!!!

i thought you were cool shadowprophet, you were my hero!! :(

shadowprophet
July 26th, 2005, 21:24
At first I wondered why everbody hated sony, But ive heard so many compeling arguments that are sound and logical reasons to disslike sony, that I was converted way back on the first page of this thread. also I realized that as much as I used to like sony. That because of the mysterious disc read error I was on my third playstation 2 (And even tho the disk read error can be fixed I like my console systems to be in ment condition so i just scrap the broken ones ). But im still on my first gamecube that thing just wont die. I even droped it once by acident on a hard wood floor about a three and a half feet drop. Not eve a scratch (and this is a Gc with a gba adapter on it) lol I think those gamecubes are built to last :p But Even as much as I love my psp as time goes by im seeing how fragiel and flimsy they are. Sony just doenst care about quality at all. and so I was converted a long time ago bro:cool:

Christuserloeser
July 26th, 2005, 21:58
I just read an old article about Yaroze - Sony's PS1 homebrew dev system. Does anyone has a Yaroze ?

Cap'n 1time
July 27th, 2005, 02:16
I just read an old article about Yaroze - Sony's PS1 homebrew dev system. Does anyone has a Yaroze ?

I think I read a while ago they retailed for $700

heh heh, a little ebay search and looky at what i found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8207576975&category=62054&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 05:26
So thats what it was called. hmm I just thoughy it was called a development kit snizzle :D

quzar
July 28th, 2005, 06:14
from all I read it was as useless as the linux ps2 kit.

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 06:17
Based solely on the fact I had never heard the name. surely if it had been all that, more people would have heard of it.