PDA

View Full Version : OptoRite DD0405 not detected! HELP!

MrTeressaBond
July 23rd, 2007, 16:42
bought a DVD ReWriter drive form eBay a few months ago and not i got hte chance to test it out yesterday, and after many delays when building up my new pc, i finally got it working and thus i slotted in my Optorite DD0405 drive in and i am 100% sure nothing was done wrong.

and i turned it on, and as from when using a new SATA drive wiht a IDE DVD Drive, when it comes to loading up and coming to the stage of detecting drives, nohting comes up, which really suprised me, and i went into the BIOS, and it only has the Floopy disk drive, hard drive and some CD drive in the boot sequence, but not the drive i am looking for. from this, i can tell that my DVD drive is not been detected.

yes it is on Slave and all the settings on the motherboard it on default and even on the motherboard itself is correct.

when i came to putting in a IDE Hard drive alone, that itself got detected and booted into windows, excellent, but then, when i attached the DVD drive with the hard drive, it again comes to detecting drives, and neither of them shows up.

i removed the DVd drive and replaced it with a crappy ad old DVD reader itself. attached it with the hard drive, and guess what? both got detected and booted up into windows and even in there i can put in CDs and so on. and even that was on Slave with the hard drive on Master.

not to forget to mention, when i attached my DVD writer, the green LED is alight throughout and i cant even eject the tray.

this is really worrying me, cause nothing doesnt look wrong to me and according to the seller, it does work as well, yes i knwo u may think i might have been ripped, but still this looks like a rare case to me, and was hoping someone can help me out here.

i would really appreciate it if anyone can. its quite urgent as well.

another hting i forgot to mention, with the IDE cable out, the drive seem to look like that it works properly, as i can eject and close the tray, but with the cable in, its a no no.

as from my description above, it seems like that the drive itself is like a IDE blocker for everything attached with it. strange dont u think?

hope that helps.

thanks, i will look forward to your replies.

parkermauney
July 23rd, 2007, 16:49
In device manager, try and choose. "Activate Drive" or something similar.

When I installed my dvd rw, I just replaced the cd drive. When installing a hardrive, I had to activate it from device manager.

MrTeressaBond
July 23rd, 2007, 16:53
well, it wouldnt even let me into Windows, cause it like blocks every IDE device connected.

one time, i even let windows load up, then while hte case been opened, i connected the drive while still on, and the whole just frooze like hell.

what could be wrong with this thing?? not even in hte bios.