PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Hallows

mrmo123
July 23rd, 2007, 20:38
if dumbledore had all three hallows, he had the elders wand from dueling, the cloke from james, and the stone from the house, why did he die...wasn't he the master of death after all???

does he die cuz he put on the horcrux ring, which turned out to b a curse that would inevitably lead to his downfall, and then told snape to kill him???...that makes no sense though cuz after all, dumbledore was the master of death...

and after y did he put on the ring in the first place, it was different from the philosopher's stone which he found at the same house and wouldn't have made him the master of death...

(i'm assuming that the ring was a horcrux and the stone was not, but both were found on the same property)-correct me if im wrong!! thx

Raach.16
July 23rd, 2007, 20:59
voldemort didnt know what all three hallows were, so made one of them into a horcrux without knowing

dumbledore went to find the hallows, didnt know one was a horcrux till he put it on cause he wanted them all

ring was cursed so it cursed dumbledore

dumbledore then will die

and the philosophers stone wasnt at the house, it was made by nicholas flamel

albus-severus-potter
July 23rd, 2007, 22:57
Dumbeldore never had all the hallows! harry was the true owner of the invisibilty cloak. And i think if i read it properly it said that dumbledore wa slooking for a horcruxe saw it was a hallow and forgetting it had a curse put it on

TheWalrus90
July 23rd, 2007, 23:42
if dumbledore had all three hallows, he had the elders wand from dueling, the cloke from james, and the stone from the house, why did he die...wasn't he the master of death after all???

does he die cuz he put on the horcrux ring, which turned out to b a curse that would inevitably lead to his downfall, and then told snape to kill him???...that makes no sense though cuz after all, dumbledore was the master of death...

and after y did he put on the ring in the first place, it was different from the philosopher's stone which he found at the same house and wouldn't have made him the master of death...

(i'm assuming that the ring was a horcrux and the stone was not, but both were found on the same property)-correct me if im wrong!! thx

There were different ways to become the master of each Hallow. The Elder Wand could only be mastered if beaten or killed it´s previous owner. The Resurrection Stone (like the Philosopher´s Stone in book 1) could only be mastered if wanted not for greed, like Harry. And finally the Invisibility Cloak master would be the one that recieved it from the "passing on" of the cloak throug Ignotu´s linage. In overall, Dumbledore never was the true master of the three Hallows, but only of the Elder Wand as he says.

oops89
July 23rd, 2007, 23:50
dumbledore never had all three at one time did he!

he had the wand to start with and thn when james told him about the cloak he took it to look at so he had two but then he realised he was not the rightful owner and that harry should have it, so he gave it back to harry and then in book 6 he gained the stone which cursed him so he was never really the master of death because he never had them all at the same time! and i dont think he truly wanted to be the master of death because he said in the 1st book about death being just another adventure and he always said death is not the worst thing to happen to a person!

padfoots
July 24th, 2007, 15:52
well i think that "master of death" is part of the fairy tale so nobody can realy master death!!