PDA

View Full Version : I guess I must have missed this

xthegreatx
July 24th, 2007, 00:16
but one thing Rowling said in an interview is that one person who never has before, will use magic.

but i never found the person.

did i miss something?

:confused:

albus-severus-potter
July 24th, 2007, 01:22
i have a theory that i havent heard before..

could it be harrys wand:$??

Dobby
July 24th, 2007, 14:56
She also says 'Late on'?????????

I'm curious on this one too.

Not Petunia, not Filch. Who?

I'm gonna have to start scanning the book again coz this one really has been bugging me.

xxellexx
July 24th, 2007, 15:15
I think that there is a possibility that JK was refering to crabbe using magic in the room of requirement. Yes, we know that he has obviously used magic before, because other wise he would have never passed the end of year tests and moved up a school year each year, or, in fact, even have been allowed to go to Hogwarts...BUT, i might be wrong, and tell me if i am, he has never used magic during the books - i mean to say we have never heard of him using any specific magic. He is always Malfoys bodyguards and tends to fight with his fists or stand there looking big and tough...right???

xxellexx
July 24th, 2007, 22:50
I'd like to hear anybody elses thoughts on this matter?!

sdoan1
July 24th, 2007, 22:54
sounds like a good theory to me

xxellexx
July 24th, 2007, 22:56

TheKingsDaddy
July 24th, 2007, 22:58
Maybe she lied

xxellexx
July 24th, 2007, 23:01
I dont see why though

She was truthful about everything else she made comment about

elc
July 25th, 2007, 10:02
I just assumed it was Neville - I know he has used magic in lessons and stuff but his magic fighting has never really worked before and he completely transformed when he killed the snake.

elc
July 25th, 2007, 10:04
Or maybe Petunia - did she make the tree branch fall in Snapes memory - or was that Snape? If it was her she could be the one to use magic that never had before...

Raach.16
July 25th, 2007, 10:06
I think that there is a possibility that JK was refering to crabbe using magic in the room of requirement. Yes, we know that he has obviously used magic before, because other wise he would have never passed the end of year tests and moved up a school year each year, or, in fact, even have been allowed to go to Hogwarts...BUT, i might be wrong, and tell me if i am, he has never used magic during the books - i mean to say we have never heard of him using any specific magic. He is always Malfoys bodyguards and tends to fight with his fists or stand there looking big and tough...right???

but im sure he cast a pell, like teeth growing (hermione) or some other spells in the coridors
i think there was one to do with neville

mizzPotter
July 25th, 2007, 12:14
luna - never used magic in the lessons only in the DA and then when she was in the ravenclaw common room she stunned the carrows and she said it was louder than i expected it to be