PDA

View Full Version : 19 Years Later? New Headmaster? Dont' read if you haven't finished!

AznX
July 24th, 2007, 00:24
So.. in the epilogue... Who do you think becomes the New Headmaster of Hogwarts? Thoughts?

TheWalrus90
July 24th, 2007, 00:49
I think itīs obvious that McGonagall would be the headmistress.

AznX
July 24th, 2007, 00:49
Hey you never know!

Dobby
July 24th, 2007, 12:31
How about Percy??

He learnt from his mistakes, and although maybe a bit unorthodox, he was on the platform.

He might just be a teacher, but I think that there has to be a reason for him being on the platform, unless he was just seeing his own kids onto the train.

I'd like to think it was Mcgonagall, as we know Wizards and Witches live longer than Muggles, so I won't rule out the possibility.

I'd be curious as to who the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher is now ...
Then theres Muggle studies, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Potions, Charms, Cre of Magical Creatures ... so many characters that could be doing so many Jobs.

Ollivander can't have lasted much longer and it would be 'curious' to see who the wand maker may have had as an apprentice - I think Luna would have suited that as she bonded with him in the final book. Just imagine a Wand with a core of Nargle nails or Crumpled Horn Snorckack scale. Though maybe the department of mysteries and the arch/viel could be a more revealing job for her.

I still want to know what Harry's parents did, or did I miss that!!

I think JKR has left it open so we can decide for ourselves who we think will fit what jobs. I also think that she will reveal more of some characters when she finds time to constuct her Potter encyclopedia that she has mentioned a desire to write at some point, so that the pages of notes she has been unable to squash into the books can have their glory too. She has already given us Quidditch through the ages and Fantastic beasts for charities, so why not more of these little treasures.