PDA

View Full Version : Map linking?

Ol'Drunk
July 24th, 2007, 01:56
Hello, been looking thought all the FAQs, I have not found the answer I'm looking for or maybe recommend it as a future feature for MapThis! What I'm looking for is, is there a way to group maps together? I live in the GTA ontario and do a lot of traveling in between citys but to make a map of the whole GTA is too big and the PSP crashes and when I make a working map of an area I don't always get the whole city, I know I could just change maps when I get near the edge but then I have to pull over and mess with the PSP.

Thanks for any info or help on this topic and as well thanks to Deniska for a awesome GPS app.

deniska
July 24th, 2007, 02:14
how big is the map that is crashing and what version of mapthis do you use (version, firmware,etc)?

Ol'Drunk
July 24th, 2007, 02:37
3.40OE-A using PSP-290 Mapthis!v4.99
the map size is coming out to 128megs and I'm using Gobal Map Download tool 0.4.18a

I'm going to try to take out some more of the zoom levels to try to get it smaller, hopefully I can get it to work.

sleekyboy24
July 24th, 2007, 05:35
ol'drunk... on gmdl zoom to the map that you wanna download and click advance on the bottom left, click get numbers and change min zoom to 2, click show preview to check if you cover the map you wanted, then click the download the map on the upper left corner.. it should make your map size smaller.
hope it helps ...

AlexRoxUrSox
July 24th, 2007, 10:22
once you have what you want, click the advanced tab, then click get numbers, make sure the base zoom level is zero for the finest zoom, or go to -1 or -2 (risky).
then click pull tiles. It will give you the area your on, deselect the tiles you dont want and then click the top button!
Your good to go, except it might take a looong time for big maps, sometimes as big as 700k tiles.
Let me know how everything turns out.

Ol'Drunk
July 24th, 2007, 14:14
Thanks for the help, I got my area map down to 112megs and MapThis! is not crashing.