PDA

View Full Version : Dcemu Is Alive Again

wraggster
July 31st, 2007, 06:24
Hi all well to those of you who are still visiting after the 6 days of downtime, Last Wednesday the server was running fine when i left it at 3.30pm but when i returned at 6pm there was a problem with MySQL, now normally the server fixes itself thanks to work Martin64 did on it to reset itself if the need arises, i left the server 3 hours but it didnt reset itself which was strange. I tried to reboot using putty but i couldnt connect.

So i went into the servers control panel and rebooted it through there, now heres where something strange happened because the server set itself into ReadOnly Mode (to those like me who dont have a clue what that means it basically means that the server is down.)

The timing of this was a major blow after the nearon 2 days downtime only a few weeks before when the server was restored because of problem some due to a phishing attempt on the network.

Our server admin and all around great guy Martin64 was away on holiday in London last week and only arrived home today. I sent tickets into the hosts but discussing the problem with Martin64 he was told the best solution was to backup and restore again. He has been running tests on the hardware to diagnose the problem but as of this time no clue as to what caused the hard drive to go into readonly mode.

To all the visitors to DCEmu UK i apologise profusely for the downtime, it hurts me just as much as an homebrew fan looking for the latest news and updates.

Im sure even the rivals to DCEmu UK will be glad to see us back as competition in the Homebrew and Emulation scene only makes for a stronger scene in the end.

Now hold on tight because we are going to be newsposting massively to ensure every release is posted.

again im sorry for the downtime but it was out of all our hands.

Lets get DCEmu UK back to normal asap.

Thanks as always for Martin coming to our side in our hour of need.

ICE
July 31st, 2007, 06:27
its alrighty. had me worried though but its great to have it back.

The_It
July 31st, 2007, 06:33
wow six days? it seemed like three.

philage
July 31st, 2007, 06:34
Welcome back :thumbup:

Tripsk8er333
July 31st, 2007, 06:48
I am SOOO Glad to See that You all are back up and Running. I Was scared and thought that you all got Sued. I am so Glad that You all are Back.:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2007, 07:00
Aw man I was hoping it died.

DragonPimpsta
July 31st, 2007, 07:04
OH MY GOD!!! IM SO RELIEVED.. i was almost crying yesterday, i thought i was banned from the server or something, was trying to think what i did wrong, lol

Gilrad
July 31st, 2007, 07:10
wow six days? it seemed like three.

Seemed like ten.

kcajblue
July 31st, 2007, 07:15
Aw man I was hoping it died.why would you want dcemu to die?

robbbert
July 31st, 2007, 07:20
Welcome back Wraggster! :)

CoderX
July 31st, 2007, 07:26
Scared the shit out of me guys, where was i going to post my releases?

Gene
July 31st, 2007, 07:39
Those down days made me feel disconnected.

brasssmunky
July 31st, 2007, 07:52
wow, im so happy you guys are back up.
i was scared. lol
i cant stand using pspupdates.qj
or psp-hacks.com
i thought that you were down for good, seeing as it was a whole 6 days
i knew you were coming back today tho
because i tried to egt on, and it showed you had mysql runnin and were restoring or something
:D:D
thanks for working to get back up and running
i appreciate it :D

kcajblue
July 31st, 2007, 07:55
i thought that you were down for good, seeing as it was a whole 6 days its been down longer before.
i think it was a couple of weeks.
im not sure.

brasssmunky
July 31st, 2007, 08:00
its been down longer before.
i think it was a couple of weeks.
im not sure.

must have been a while back when i wasnt a big homebrewer, i was on 1.5, but i just like played my UMDS lol.

DarthPaul
July 31st, 2007, 08:00
OH MY GOSH!!!
I open this site every day,it's the first site I open....I was going to kill myself! Lol,nah,but I don't know..the network is not the same without you..I missed you sooo much!
Welcome back everyone! And greetings! Love you all. :)

Chameleon
July 31st, 2007, 08:05
I love you too darth ;) , oh and wraggster, you are the man!!!

Axelius
July 31st, 2007, 08:22
hmm, yeah, I already began feeling like a smoker without a cigarette some days ago (I mean I'm not addicted to dcemu, I could stop right now :rolleyes: )

It's good to see you back :)

FifthE1ement
July 31st, 2007, 08:32
Glad to see you guys back! I run one of those competing sites (www.Moddz.com) and I had thought perhaps you had monetary issues. I had mentioned that I was willing to help out a bit to get you guys back up if that had been the case. Well, anyway congrats on getting everything back as I know first hand how it feels.

Regards,

FifthE1ement :thumbup:

SpicyTempura
July 31st, 2007, 08:39
Phew what a relief! You don't know what is there until its gone. I wasn't sure which psp news site could replace dcemu, there is none!

Great to have ya ^_^!

Eyedunno
July 31st, 2007, 09:11
You guys missed the new Wolf3D DS release that supports DLDI.

zx-81
July 31st, 2007, 09:13
glad to see dcemu is back !

ALF
July 31st, 2007, 09:42
yay back dcemu is back online!

JPJunkie
July 31st, 2007, 10:03
YES DCEmu is back I was gettin so bored with qj!

cal360
July 31st, 2007, 10:15
I'm glad we're back I was clinging onto the DCEMU IRC all day yesterday in hope of hearing any news on the problem and Martin64 and Wraggy have got us all back

skulkk
July 31st, 2007, 10:46
Had me sweatin' for a while there folks - great to have you back.

gronne
July 31st, 2007, 11:05
OH MY GOD!!! IM SO RELIEVED.. i was almost crying yesterday, i thought i was banned from the server or something, was trying to think what i did wrong, lol

Haha.. I had the same thought... was I banned because I had done something wrong? :D Wasn't my fault this time, haha.

JPJunkie
July 31st, 2007, 11:12
Haha.. I had the same thought... was I banned because I had done something wrong? :D Wasn't my fault this time, haha.

I thought I had been banned to until I found out I couldn't get onto the site with any computer lol:rofl:

Codaz
July 31st, 2007, 11:12
NICE that DCemu is back. Goh that was a long time. I drove to my vacation, went there almost a week, got back and still no DCemu :eek: :rofl:

But !, watch the server closely this next coming weeks as it MAY come down again !

HaloJ
July 31st, 2007, 11:17
Welcome back. You are one of the sites that I check every day. Missed you.

mcdougall57
July 31st, 2007, 12:15
i just poped over to qj until it came back online but im still glad its back

Anger
July 31st, 2007, 12:20
this has been said to death but welcome back.
heres hoping it stays this way. :)

Sonicboy 101
July 31st, 2007, 12:35
Welcome back DCEmu!
Is it fixed completely yet? I'm still getting network errors all over the place.

Safari Al
July 31st, 2007, 12:43
Wow that was a while! At least its back up agaain though!

Psyberjock
July 31st, 2007, 13:29
Finally back! I checked several times a day! I'm on my summer vacation now and I'm doing lots of coding and websurfing. =p Kinda sucks to need the resources of dcemu and not have them. I also felt resigned to pspupdates to find out what has been released, but I hate reading over there. Their articles feel so fake and out of touch. Some people have complained about the straight quotes, but I prefer the original words of the news to the rehashed Nutrasweet version I find over at pspupdates.

I have a website myself running portal software. I can't imagine the problems involved with a site with so much traffic. Good job guys!

Triv1um
July 31st, 2007, 13:46
Bah

Sketchy
July 31st, 2007, 13:53
6 Days??:eek:

I only noticed that you were down for a day, i actually have a life away from my PC :p

Anyways, welcome bk DCEmu! :thumbup:

Peace

funem
July 31st, 2007, 14:02
Nice to see you up and running again. Was getting a bit worried there for a moment. :-)

Bane King
July 31st, 2007, 14:16
I was sad to see it gone for such a long time.
I'm glad you are back an hopefully for good this time.
It make me a schmid nervous when my reliable PSP source is dead for such a long time.

I don't trust too many other sites.
Actually to be literal, I don't trust any of them.

Long live DCemu UK
I heart you guys.

SmashinGit
July 31st, 2007, 14:36
Hey Wraggster, thanks for your time and effort, it can't be easy running these websites. All that hard work that you put in is gratefully appreciated, welcome back Dcemu.

Elmarco
July 31st, 2007, 14:39
Felt like longer than 6 days......

bah
July 31st, 2007, 14:58
Henry Frankenstein: "Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"

I may at last recover from my rocking back and fourth whilst sitting in a corner in the fetal position chanting 'all alone'.

:)

I'm very glad the best homebrew site on the web has returned.

mike_jmg
July 31st, 2007, 17:25
best psp news site back on track

thank you

mfz64
July 31st, 2007, 17:35
cool

Gold Line
July 31st, 2007, 17:46
yay we'r finally back online :D

i thought it was 3 days not 6.

kjetil1991
July 31st, 2007, 17:51
i almost lost hope

mike03$$$
July 31st, 2007, 18:14
Finally!!!!!!!!, I was getting tired of checkin qj

VampDude
July 31st, 2007, 18:15
About time too...

...At first I thought it was my browser! :mad:

Harshboy
July 31st, 2007, 18:15
I was wondering what was going on, I kept trying every day on all my different computer just to make sure Firefox wasn't being stupid.

It's great to be back :D

bah
July 31st, 2007, 18:35
If the site is ever down you can go to http://www.efnet.org/ and use the 'Webchat Quick Login' (or any proper IRC client) to join #dcemu and find out whats up.

Shrygue
July 31st, 2007, 19:08
I'm am so glad DCEmu is all up and running. I've been so bored to my back teeth not be able to log in, post news and check the status of the forums.

mesosade
July 31st, 2007, 19:36
yippe!!!! =D

vbt
July 31st, 2007, 20:22
good to see this site back again

Mr. Shadow
July 31st, 2007, 20:26
Yeah i just joined after watching this for awhile and i thought i drove you guys away or something. Please leave a note or somthing so we don't think we all got banned.

Xiaopang
August 1st, 2007, 00:56
nice to have dcemu back. btw, kinda disturbing to see how many people depend on this site...or may be it's just pathetic....

Anger
August 1st, 2007, 01:11
i dont know whats more pathetic - your excuses or the fact that you depend on this site as much as anyone - hypocrite.

JKKDARK
August 1st, 2007, 01:32
Yeah i just joined after watching this for awhile and i thought i drove you guys away or something. Please leave a note or somthing so we don't think we all got banned.
Remember: On any vbulletin board, when you're banned, a message in the center appears saying you were banned ;)

wolfpack
August 1st, 2007, 01:43
for a while i was having dcemu withdrawal speaking how i come to this site every single day for the news i need. glad to see its back up. some to go back to looking at the psp section :p

NoQuarter
August 1st, 2007, 02:58
Thank god your back,I had no home page for a while.

Xiaopang
August 1st, 2007, 08:42
i dont know whats more pathetic - your excuses or the fact that you depend on this site as much as anyone - hypocrite.

there's the difference to anyone: i don't depend on that site...don't call me a hypocrite just because you make up stuff...get a brain...

Gizmo356
August 1st, 2007, 09:25
Actually he was sort of right, 'hypocrite' was a very appropriate thing to call you.

JPJunkie
August 1st, 2007, 10:24
Anyway what we are saying is that we depend on DCEmu for Very reliable and up to date console news and we thank wraggster and Martin64 for all their hard work:thumbup:

Vampbri-n
August 1st, 2007, 11:18
lol so starts the famous dcemu drama

Anger
August 1st, 2007, 12:39
nah no drama - i crossed the line and am punished for it, and quite rightly so. i just felt that he was insulting other people for the very thing he was doing.

Vampbri-n
August 1st, 2007, 12:54
aleast your honset and wise about it good job in my opioin

JPJunkie
August 2nd, 2007, 10:43
aleast your honset and wise about it good job in my opioin

How off topic do you want to go?

luis_05
August 3rd, 2007, 00:42
f██k!!!! dcemu was down, and guess wat? my dumba██ goes to another site o_0 tries out the program and brick my psp!!! this would have never happened if dcemu was up lol j.k but yeah i bricked my psp. from now on i will only trust dcemu 4 life!!!

JPJunkie
August 6th, 2007, 14:36
Yeah well I only trust DCEmu and QJ