PDA

View Full Version : PSPIRC: IRC Client for PSP v1.0.2 (Multi Channel !)

zx-81
July 31st, 2007, 08:19
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspirc-snap-v102.jpg

Hi All,

PSPIRC is a basic IRC client for the PSP
(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat)

* What's new in this version ? *

- New IRC engine (based on Afkim IRC engine)
- Multiple channels support
- Private messages support
- New danzeff keyboard and mapping
- Display Channel and user list
- Add tabs in the console window
- New login menu with Nickname (previous login save
data are not compatible with this version)
- Handle password for IRC authentication
- Increase the text input field in the console window
- Add word list in the main IRC menu (let you choose
a word in a list, using word.txt file)
- Code cleaning
- Sprint PCS IR Keyboard support (thanks to Craig)

* Credits and license : *

It is mainly based on the IRC engine written by Danzel,
and the user interface i wrote for PSPSSH.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker
(author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library) with a new patch
from Craig to support Sprint PCS IR keyboard.

This software is distributed under GNU V2 License,
see GPLV2.txt file for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and
3.40-OE, and for the IR keyboard part it has been tested
using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Many thanks to Danzel for his Virtual kerboard and his
IRC stuff, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Special thanks to Snaap06 for EBOOT icons, and to Craig
for his Sprint IR keyboard driver.

It's still a beta release and work still remain !

Enjoy,

Zx

Bigboi
July 31st, 2007, 20:19
This is great. Nice work, Zx.

blackrave
July 31st, 2007, 23:12
This is great indeed! I haven't had time to test it yet, though. But now I do have time. :) Multi-channel and PM support is fantastic, as well as all the extra features added for easier usage. Thanks a bunch!

But one thing: I don't know if this has been fixed or not, since I haven't tested this release yet, but since support for static network connection isn't listed in the changelog, I guess it's not? I don't wanna be a pain in the ass about it, as it's really not that important to me since DHCP works just as fine. It would just be a nice extra touch (mainly because it connects faster)!

Thanks again for your work. :)

zx-81
July 31st, 2007, 23:27
But one thing: I don't know if this has been fixed or not, since I haven't tested this release yet, but since support for static network connection isn't listed in the changelog, I guess it's not?

There is an issue with static IP connection and custom firmware using the PSP SDK. I can't figure out what is going on, it seems that the gateway can't be reached using static IP in 3.x-OE mode. Anyway you can still use the version for 1.5 firmware (and put is in the game150 directory), it works fine with static IP connection (but it won't work with WPA encryption ...)

blackrave
July 31st, 2007, 23:56
Oh, right, so that was enabled from the start? :) Thanks for the tip, I'll use that instead since there's no difference between the two except that and the fact that WPA isn't supported (which doesn't affect me).

zx-81
August 1st, 2007, 07:16
Oh, right, so that was enabled from the start?

Yes. Static IP doesn't work with homebrew compiled for 3.x-OE, so it is the same for pspssh, pspvnc etc ...

blackrave
August 1st, 2007, 08:25
OK, well, I tested out the application and it works better than ever! Now that you have implemented the most requested and important features, do you know if you will work more on it? I can't really think of anything more I would want for it, it's perfect. :)

zx-81
August 1st, 2007, 08:35
OK, well, I tested out the application and it works better than ever! Now that you have implemented the most requested and important features, do you know if you will work more on it? I can't really think of anything more I would want for it, it's perfect. :)

Server messages could be better formated, and also i plan to add text foreground and background colors, and fix small bugs. The user list could be diplayed on the right etc ...

Codaz
August 1st, 2007, 17:04
ZX could you provide non irc.sadkfj.hostname support.

I want to connect to efnet.xs4all.nl but it seems it only accepts irc.adskfjd.countrycode

Such as irc.wondernet.nu etc

Codaz
August 1st, 2007, 17:11
Also, what's with that timeout issue. I got Timeout while resolving on every connect :S

Sonict
August 1st, 2007, 23:11
I noticed a bug with this program. I tried to load the program on my version 1.5 PSP. I didn't realize that I had no wireless connection profile set up so when the program loaded, it showed "Closing connection()" and it quit the program instead of displaying a message that it can't find a wireless profile on the psp. I hope you can fix that up just in case it happens again.

Edit: I forgot one more thing, could you add the "[" and "]" to the character selection? Also, It seems like this program works for a bit and crashes my PSP within a few seconds after connecting to a channel. My network that I was connecting to is "irc.esper.net" I wanted to test this program in one of my channels that I go to but it keeps crashing the PSP... I think that is all that I needed to add to this post.

Sonict