PDA

View Full Version : New iR Shell is finally here! This time version 3.6!

DarthPaul
July 31st, 2007, 08:27
Via Un-Official iR Shell Forums (http://www.irshell.org/)

Ahman and Stonecut have released a new version of iRshell

New features:

- Added support for Team M33's newest custom firmware (See note 1). If you don't want to update to M33, you will still be able to use this new release with older OE firmwares
- Launch and multi-task with PS1 games from within iR Shell (works also via USBhostFS and NetHostFS) (see note 2)
- Backup ISO plugins now integrated into iR Shell 1.5 EBOOT and 3.5x EBOOT (also supports USBhostFS and NetHostFS)
- Backup UMD Video ISO support (also supports USBhostFS and NetHostFS)
- Direct switching between 1.5 EBOOT and 3.5x EBOOT via new shortcut combo
- System-wide "Quick Exit" function to quickly shutdown games, homebrew etc and return to iR Shell
- Improved Autoboot to iR Shell plugin
- New Comic Reader plugin based on PSPComic for CBZ and CBR files by suloku - Original version by Archaemic
- Added the ability to flash/blink the menu highlighting cursor.
- Added support for adhoc PC nethostfs connection under 3.xx CFWs (some additional firmware files required)
- Added a new config item in configurator to turn on/off the Music button for screen capture.
- Other bugfixes and tiny improvements.

Please Note:

1. CFW 3.51 M33 Original version, 3.51 M33-2 (patch 2 with WLAN fix) and 3.52 M33 are supported. 3.51 M33-3 to 7 (patch 3 to 7) are not supported due to a sceKernelLoadExecVSH bug which had been fixed in 3.52 M33.
2. The launching of PS1 games via USBHostFS & NetHostFS works on all OE firmwares and also 3.51 M33 Original & Patch 2. FW3.52 M33 has issues with USBHostFS & NetHostFS, please update to FW3.52 M33-2 since Team M33 has resolved the issue in that revision.

~ Mirror download here (http://exophase.com/files/psp/pspirshell36.zip) ~

~Additional Files Rapidshare mirror download here (http://rapidshare.com/files/45756314/Additional_files.zip.html).~

Download Via Links Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cap'n 1time
July 31st, 2007, 09:48
cite your sources. upload to our server unless told otherwise by the original author.

DarthPaul
July 31st, 2007, 09:56
The file upload limit is 20mb,this is bigger than that.

Buddy4point0
July 31st, 2007, 11:42
ive downloaded it, very nice. i always have used past version and finally a new one! yay!

cal360
July 31st, 2007, 11:46
I've always found many uses for this app and its always getting better. The only thing I would like is a slightly better Gui with altered text and more icons.

JPJunkie
July 31st, 2007, 12:23
Ir shell is a great all round app it has so many uses

tvrstl
July 31st, 2007, 13:07
what does devhook do for this?

and I can't make the tv control work for our old tv, Panasonic from early 90's:P

and why doesn't he use the sony no umd plugin?

well, it's very nice though!!

opiate81
July 31st, 2007, 13:34
what does devhook do for this?

and I can't make the tv control work for our old tv, Panasonic from early 90's:P

and why doesn't he use the sony no umd plugin?

well, it's very nice though!!

1. Devhook is needed for Video UMD ISO loading among other things

2. Not all codes work.. my Panasonic TV Luckily works with iR Shell

3. The Sony No UMD and M33 drivers are not supported because AhMan does not want to do any more major hacks and thats what it would take to get those drivers working

My tip for that is if you find a game that wont work with OE No UMD in iR Shell
Push L + R triggers then Circle (to restart PSP) and hold R trigger straight after you push Circle.
You will be in Recovery menu.. enable Sony No UMD and disable iR Shell autoboot plugin. Exit to XMB
45 seconds and you can play any game no UMD

4. Its Extremely nice
make sure you donate to AhMan if you can
[email protected] is his paypal account

And remember to read the 21 page User Guide and FAQ
StoneCut spent ages on it and it should have most answers

Sonicboy 101
July 31st, 2007, 13:38
Nice i'm gonna try this soon

Safari Al
July 31st, 2007, 13:45
tried it and i can't get the xmb thing to work.

Sonicboy 101
July 31st, 2007, 13:51
tried it and i can't get the xmb thing to work.

What's that?

opiate81
July 31st, 2007, 13:54
What XMB thing is that?
If you want to exit to XMB in 1.50 Kernel mode than you need a full 1.50 dump in devhook

Diable ALL plugins other than IRSFW30X
also if you XMB is heavily modified you may run into problems.
My only other suggestion is to delete config.se in Flash 1

b_simpson1999
July 31st, 2007, 18:54
If you would like to install iR Shell on any of the older OE firmware you
will also have to manually apply the patch to the PSP's flash memory
because the pspbtncnf utility will not work:

Copy /PSP/GAME150/btcnfpatch/irspatch.prx to flash0:/kn/irspatch.prx on
your PSPs flash memory by using recovery menu or pspfiler.

Edit the flash0:/kn/pspbtcnf_game.txt file and add the irspatch.prx to it.
The entry needs to be added between "$/kd/ata.prx" & "$/kd/umdman.prx":
$/kd/ata.prx
/kd/irspatch.prx
$/kd/umdman.prx

why do i have to do this for my 3.40OE-A cos it seems to work without doing it, will it ever do wma cos all my music is wma and how do i set my wi-fi password when the box only allows 8 Characters and the key or wotever it is called is longer

Sonicboy 101
July 31st, 2007, 18:57
I tried it and it works great, is there a way to disable the analogue?

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 19:29
It's wierd guys I have the 3.52 M33-2 CFW and I did the patch for this and then I put the 2 iRShell folders in my GAME150 folder, and the "IRSHELL" folder is at the root of my memory stick like so. I can run iRShell just fine except I can't run my PSX games through it. The only way I know how to get them to launch is to go into the Memory Stick on iRShell and go to my GAME folder and select a PSX folder and launch the eboot from there. If this isn't the correct way to launch them someone please help me, but I can't get them to launch. I've used IRSHELL before so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried re-installing it too and that didn't work. I just get a error code when trying to launch the PSX games, well except for one, when I attempt to launch Nascar Rumble it looks like it's going to launch but the screen just stays black. I got rid of the plugin though for this because I don't care for iRShell on startup, can someone please help me?

Sonicboy 101
July 31st, 2007, 19:35
Weird, i just go on applications, my ps1 games are there and they work fine

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 19:41
Yeah see that's the wierd thing, when I go to applications they are not there. Now see I could have sworn they were in the applications section when I first tried iRShell 3.6, but when I go there now all that is there is my NES, Genesis, SNES, Daedalus, and something that say "toto" which the image shows to be a copy of SNES but I'm not sure why any of this is there, especially since I don't have 2 SNES's and nothing called "toto". Someone please help me!

burrito
July 31st, 2007, 21:08
Why are there so many eboots for irshell? Which one do you use? And which does the autoboot use?

I tried using the nethost with the autobooted irshell and it freezes after it said pls wait. I don't even see the files on my computer. How do I get it to work?? Did I use the wrong eboot or what?

Shrygue
July 31st, 2007, 21:16
Smart, an update to IrShell. I was hoping this would happen and it's finally happened! I'll download this now...

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 21:57
Can anyone help me? (look at 2 previous posts please)

Safari Al
July 31st, 2007, 22:29
try putting the psx in game150 (just a thought)

Apoklepz
August 1st, 2007, 04:49
Anybody still have the application that maps your PC controller's buttons correctly to use to control the PSP via IR shell?

I can finally play Monster Hunter like so...but I lost the remapping application and can't recall the name.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about please send me a PM.

This is great news. Thanks to Ahman once more for improving and expanding on my favorite PSP shell app!

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 05:49
why do i have to do this for my 3.40OE-A cos it seems to work without doing it, will it ever do wma cos all my music is wma and how do i set my wi-fi password when the box only allows 8 Characters and the key or wotever it is called is longer

You dont have to do it.. but some games will work better if you do

also wma wont be supported unless there is a homebrew app that already does it.. then it can be integrated into the shell as a plugin

the wifi password is not your wep/wpa password it is a password you set up in your nethosts file

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 05:53
It's wierd guys I have the 3.52 M33-2 CFW and I did the patch for this and then I put the 2 iRShell folders in my GAME150 folder, and the "IRSHELL" folder is at the root of my memory stick like so. I can run iRShell just fine except I can't run my PSX games through it. The only way I know how to get them to launch is to go into the Memory Stick on iRShell and go to my GAME folder and select a PSX folder and launch the eboot from there. If this isn't the correct way to launch them someone please help me, but I can't get them to launch. I've used IRSHELL before so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've tried re-installing it too and that didn't work. I just get a error code when trying to launch the PSX games, well except for one, when I attempt to launch Nascar Rumble it looks like it's going to launch but the screen just stays black. I got rid of the plugin though for this because I don't care for iRShell on startup, can someone please help me?

If what you wrote wasnt a mistake then you need to move the irs3xx folder (with the eboot inside) to GAME352 (or whatever fw you are on)

the white iR Shell icon is for the OE+M33 fw`s and the red one is for the 1.50 version

ISO and PS1 backups will only play through the OE/M33 one

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 05:57
Anybody still have the application that maps your PC controller's buttons correctly to use to control the PSP via IR shell?

I can finally play Monster Hunter like so...but I lost the remapping application and can't recall the name.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about please send me a PM.

This is great news. Thanks to Ahman once more for improving and expanding on my favorite PSP shell app!

http://irshell.org/showthread.php?tid=23

Down the bottom of the release page is all you should need

Why are there so many eboots for irshell? Which one do you use? And which does the autoboot use?

I tried using the nethost with the autobooted irshell and it freezes after it said pls wait. I don't even see the files on my computer. How do I get it to work?? Did I use the wrong eboot or what?

One EBOOT is for 1.50 Kernel iR Shell and the other for 3.52 Kernel the autoboot will use whatever one you want it to or none at all.. when booting: Circle 1.50 Triangle XMB and nothing pressed 3.52

make sure you read the User Guide it has EVERYTHING you need to know about nethosts

Finally Sonicboy 101 no you cant disable the analogue.. if you push the start button it will show you the config.. I find the analogue quite handy for shortcuts

Also a new autoboot plugin has been released
http://irshell.org/showthread.php?tid=57
this corrects some bugs that were found

Be sure to check out the forums (in my sig)
there are some nice new skins being released

Edit: Sorry for the triple post.. just trying to help and thought it would be too cluttered in one post

Zargon
August 1st, 2007, 06:35
hey guys, having a problem with IrShell. The 1.50 version loads nice and smooth but trying to switch to the 3.52 version causes problems. It just loads straight back to the XMB. 3.52 mode sometimes just crashes at random for me, but can easily change to 1.50 mode. Any help would be appreciated.

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 06:53
Zargon.. you need the autoboot plugin enabled to jump between versions (check my post above for updated version) although Im guessing you do if you can jump back to 1.5 from 3.52

the only things I can think of is
1. make sure all other plugins are disabled (major ones like cwcheat use alot of memory that iR Shell needs)
2. If your XMB is modified try going back to normal..
font especially
3. turn off the sony no umd or m33 no umd drivers..
you can change between UMD mode and OE no umd within iR Shell configurator
4. delete config.se from flash 1... it fixes problems for me

tophead420
August 1st, 2007, 06:56
hey guys, having a problem with IrShell. The 1.50 version loads nice and smooth but trying to switch to the 3.52 version causes problems. It just loads straight back to the XMB. 3.52 mode sometimes just crashes at random for me, but can easily change to 1.50 mode. Any help would be appreciated.
First what firmware do you use and what plugins do you have enabled? Some plugins will make this app not work when using the autoboot plugin. I believe it was stated somewhere that for this release to work to full potential use 3.52 M33-2.

Zargon
August 1st, 2007, 07:06
Testing now... will post results soon...
Edit: It lives! Everything appears to be working fine in IrShell now. Thanks to those that helped.
PS: Sorry it took so long to reply. Sending this messege via psp. Laptop battery died.

CaptainMorgan4
August 1st, 2007, 09:10
Opiate81 disregard that PM I made a GAME352 folder and put this one in, yeah now they work and everything is good, thanks so much. I'm unclear why I'm using this GAME352 for iRShell is it because of M33? Why does iRShell have to be run through the GAME352 basically is what I'm asking.

edit: One more question I've always been stumbled on ever since getting iRShell for the first time, how do you set the pre-defined homebrews? Like when on the iRShell XMB how do I make those 2,3,4, and 5 my NesterJ, DGEN, SNES9xTYL, and Daedalus R12? I've gone to the configurator and typed in the ms0:/PSP/GAME150/...etc.... but alot of my emulators won't even fit in the text box. Can someone tell me how to set these predefined homebrews?

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 14:40
Ok nearly bedtime but here goes..
I replied to the PM btw :p too late though

iRShell can be launched by either kernel, the standard 1.50 one that you had been using does what it implies it runs 1.50 homebrew and such.. if you have a 1.50 dump in the devhook folder it will even return to the 1.50 firmware XMB

The new one is basically a shell for the newer firmwares.. it allows you the same functions you enjoy with M33 (PSX ,newer ISO's and 3.XX homebrew)
I cant tell you exactly why one iRShell cant handle it all but I suspect it would be a big reason :p

Pre-defined homebrew:
in your iR Shell folder in the root of your mem stick
there is HOMEBREW1.50 and HOMEBREW3.XX folders in them there are more (Right RLEFT RUP etc).. these correspond to the shortcuts on the main screen.
an example of my setup
in iRShell/HOMEBREW3.XX/Right I have PSPRadio (3.XX version)
you have to put all the files including the eboot into the Right folder (or whichever you want)

in iRShell/HOMEBREW1.50/Right I have CPS2PSP
it looks like this
iRShell/HOMEBREW1.50/Right/EBOOT.PBP, ROMS etc

after you have that set go to iR Configurator and below halfway you will find an option to change the name of it on the main screen, do that and save.
From now on the #1 Folder (or pushing Right on the analogue stick) will launch CPS2PSP in 1.50 iRShell and PSPRadio in 3.52 iRShell

pushing the start button in the main menu will bring up a help screen which shows all your shortcuts

Zargon: Im glad everythings working!

I hope that clears up a bit.. there is ALOT to this shell.. but well worth playing around with and learning

b_simpson1999
August 1st, 2007, 18:50
well my wifi doesn't seem to work, it keep freezing everytime I try it and it fails does it matter that i have a wep code? and my psx games don't seem to play from usb. well got m33 3.52 version 2 now but doesn't seem to make much difference.

CaptainMorgan4
August 1st, 2007, 18:59
Yeah thanks for everything Opiate81 I'm going to try that, now see I thought that was how I would have to do it, but when I got to those folders I couldn't figure out if I had to put like both emulator folders in there or not. So this told me what I had to do thanks, I'm going to go see what I can do. I just wish he could of made it so you don't have to do this, mainly because you have to make copies of emulator files that you already have so it's a small waste of memory. I mean I have a 4gb stick so I'm not short on memory but I'm anal about it so yeah I just wish you could just run the pre-defined homebrew through the memory stick/PSP/GAME150 folders.

StoneCut
August 1st, 2007, 20:04
opiate81
I just wanted to congratulate you on the excellent support you are giving here. You are very knowledgeable about iR Shell.

I couldn't come here earlier because DCemu appeared down for me.

b_simpson1999
August 1st, 2007, 20:45
well my wifi doesn't seem to work, it keep freezing everytime I try it and it fails does it matter that i have a wep code? and my psx games don't seem to play from usb. well got m33 3.52 version 2 now but doesn't seem to make much difference.

ok it's the usb host redirection thiny that doesn't seem to work with psx games, how do i get 150 stuff to work with %__SCE__name or __SCE__ cos i tried everything and it doesn't seem to work in usb or on the ms under game150

CaptainMorgan4
August 1st, 2007, 21:37
Ok this is what I did because I thought I had it right but I ran into more trouble, I went to the "HOMEBRE150" folder inside the iR Shell folder that is on the root of my memory stick. First I just put my NesterJ and my %NesterJ folders in the right down folder for example and test reasons. Went to the contorl panel and made the name of the right down one NesterJ and saved it. Then I went to the corresponding icon on iR Shell and it wouldn't start. So then I emptied the contents of the folders in Right Down folder so everything was just in there. I renamed the eboot that was in the %NesterJ folder to eboot% like the web browser folder that comes with iR Shell in the HOMEBRE3xx folder. I tried to run it again and to no avail. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, should I try a different emulator or something because I'm confused.

opiate81
August 1st, 2007, 23:18
ok it's the usb host redirection thiny that doesn't seem to work with psx games, how do i get 150 stuff to work with %__SCE__name or __SCE__ cos i tried everything and it doesn't seem to work in usb or on the ms under game150

Ok try NOT enabling USBHOST Redirection option.. I think thats only needed for some homebrew emulators.
Im pretty sure that might be your problem
1. Enable USBHOSTS on your pc
2. Enable USBHOSTS in iR Shell
3. Go to your directory view (top left iRShell) hit triangle
4. go into USBHOSTS and see how you go now

Edit with rest of your question: if the sce named folders dont work try either going into iR configurator and allowing them
or convert them to 1.00 eboots with pspbrew

Okthis is what I did because I thought I had it right but I ran into more trouble, I went to the "HOMEBRE150" folder inside the iR Shell folder that is on the root of my memory stick. First I just put my NesterJ and my %NesterJ folders in the right down folder for example and test reasons. Went to the contorl panel and made the name of the right down one NesterJ and saved it. Then I went to the corresponding icon on iR Shell and it wouldn't start. So then I emptied the contents of the folders in Right Down folder so everything was just in there. I renamed the eboot that was in the %NesterJ folder to eboot% like the web browser folder that comes with iR Shell in the HOMEBRE3xx folder. I tried to run it again and to no avail. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, should I try a different emulator or something because I'm confused.

Ok emptying the contents into the folder was the right thing to do..
I think with my 1.50 Homebrew I converted all the eboots to 1.00 with pspbrew so I didnt need to %folder
and it shouldnt waste space.. you dont need the emu or app in the GAME150 folder as well... only in the shortcut folder.
hope that helps

StoneCut Its NachOman, just my alternate alias :p

Edit: made a mistake with what I wrote for b_simpson1999 (I changed what is in bold)

CaptainMorgan4
August 2nd, 2007, 01:47
Okay I'll convert to a 1.0 eboot no problem, but yeah I need the emulator in my GAME150 to play it through the PSP XMB, I like iR Shell but it's only really for when I'm traveling and want to listen to music and play at the same time.

edit: OMFG I'm so pissed I just accidently deleted my entire NES collection of roms and saves and everything, didn't copy/paste one time and ****!

opiate81
August 2nd, 2007, 02:02
Ok thats cool then..
I havent used my XMB for months :p

some emulators you can store the roms in the root of the memory stick cant you?
that would at least save you space of the roms in two folders

Edit: :O damn that sucks!! Roms are replacable.. saves arent
I remember when FF7 first came out, I was on my second go through with a walkthrough to get what I missed first time, 95Hrs.. my best mate thought it was a Street Fighter save and deleted it.. I was shattered!

pspfan
August 2nd, 2007, 02:15
opiate81/nachoman :),

Great job on the support you're providing here on DCEmu. It may be nice to redirect most people to the Unofficial forums (now that they are back) for posting their problems, though, because if we could have one central place for helping people JUST for iR Shell it could be convenient. Also, people would (hopefully) use the search tool on those forums and see answers to problems they have. Anyway, like I said good job on your support here.

CaptainMorgan4
August 2nd, 2007, 02:20
Yo what the hell this is crazy I can't get this to work! I converted the eboots using PSP Brew and made it to a 1.00 eboot threw that and the saves and roms etc in any of the Right, RightUP, etc and it still won't run. I'm putting it in the HOMEBREW15 folder inside the IRSHELL one that's on my root of the memory stick. I'm not understanding what's wrong, Opiate81 I'm sorry but please.

opiate81
August 2nd, 2007, 02:48
Thanks pspfan and StoneCut for your nice comments :)
I have changed my sig.. hopefully people will read it :p

CaptainMorgan4.. Ok I just had a look in the user guide, on page six.
it says if you rename the EBOOT from the %folder to EBOOT%.PBP and drop it in the same folder as your main EBOOT.PBP it will work

btw another reason to sign up to http://irshell.org other than help is some of the awesome skins that are being produced!

CaptainMorgan4
August 2nd, 2007, 02:51
I explained how I did that in one of my previous posts and it didn't work, but I'll try again with a different emulator.

edit: Okay after some hard work and investigating all the files I have gotten it to work, unfortunatly I led you on a wild goose chase, I'm deciding to delete the pre-defined homebrew. I actually would rather just going to the File Directory and choosing the eboot out of the __SCE__ folder and launching it that way then taking up memory to save a few seconds of clicking. I'm sorry but I just am to anal about keeping space for something I hardly use, off to go find more NES games that I missed.

ish420ism
August 2nd, 2007, 10:48
Ir shell has been the best shell that I know about. Too bad my psp's screen is cracked. It's out of commision for a while

JPJunkie
August 5th, 2007, 18:00
I must have missed this release I'm glad I found it:thumbup: