PDA

View Full Version : Hexaxis XXI Update 8 Released!

DarthPaul
July 31st, 2007, 09:08
Via Darksoft (http://www.darksoft.net/hexaxispsp.php)

Tim Willhack has finally released Hexaxis XXI Update #8! The homebrew puzzle game with the great visuals, great music, etc..

Changelog:

Update #8 changes:

- Added Unique 3D menu system
- Added 3 modes
1. Standard (With Preview)
2. Advanced (No Preview and faster)
3. Quick Run (3 minutes)
- Zipped content is under 14megs! ~17.5 megs unzipped (thats less than the last update with less content)
- Added High Score table with Score, Level and Highest Multiplier and Verification code for each mode
- Added 2 new levels Sleepy Spudgy and Tornado Card (Removed Hippie Tie Die)
- Added Logo and Menu Music
- Added Rotating Level Select Menu with mp3 preview and background / color preview
- Added fonts with shadows for menu and HUD
- New Pause Screen allows you to change the level without restarting or go back to main menu without losing the running game
- A ton of new transitions from everything from the logo to the pause screen
- Much cleaner and readable HUD during gameplay, including keeping the multipliers off unless you have them
Square button is another turbo button but half way between turbo and regular speed
- If you put a dice down and it resets to the top, you have to let go of down before the dice will move down unless you are holding up
- If you put a 1 down, its bad! The grid will fade out so you can barely see the dice until you put another down, this is meant to screw you up
- Fixed very major bugs with the combo / multiplier system getting stuck
- Added Drop combos, Wipe Combos, and total multiplier (all of them added up)
- Added Verification codes which are unique to each mode,score and multiplier to stop cheating
- If you are in a game, if you try to start over it asks if you are sure before restarting
- The further you get in the 2 main modes the faster everything goes
- Advanced mode starts faster than Standard
- Preview line is off for Advanced and Quick Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwVM_1Me2A

"Matter of fact, I’m hosting a contest ending Sept 27th 2007 (my birthday) to see who can get the highest score in Quick Run. Whoever is the highest gets a $50US Gamestop Gift Card or similarly priced international prize (non-USA). Anyone who submits a non-validatable score (via the Verification Codes) will forfeit the contest and any future contests for wasting my time."

Screenshots via comments

~ Download here (http://www.snapdrive.net/files/252020/HexaxisUpdate8.zip)~

Cap'n 1time
July 31st, 2007, 09:46
cite your sources please.

DarthPaul
July 31st, 2007, 09:51
Darn,yeah,I forgot the sources..but there they are.

cal360
July 31st, 2007, 11:43
This looks amazing. He should make Commercial games

Buddy4point0
July 31st, 2007, 11:44
ive always see this game and think its really nice but ive never acualy got it. now i have but i dont understand how to play. whatever ill figure it out eventually prolly

JPJunkie
July 31st, 2007, 12:31
ive always see this game and think its really nice but ive never acualy got it. now i have but i dont understand how to play. whatever ill figure it out eventually prolly

I have just downloaded it and I dont understand it either lol

carlitx
July 31st, 2007, 14:24
someone post a game instruction manual so we know how to play than?

JPJunkie
July 31st, 2007, 16:07
someone post a game instruction manual so we know how to play than?

I think I have worked it out

darksoft
July 31st, 2007, 18:23
Hi guys,

RULES / How To Play:

You line up the numbers of the sides of the dice. If you are linking 6's you have to have at least 6 in a row, 5's five, 4's 4 all the way down to 2 twos. Ones NEVER go away and cause the grid to go transparent. You can get multipliers for a chain (as long as you have combos active on the grid the chain will go up by one for every dice you add to a combo), you can get wipe chains, which are just 1 multiplier for every time the wipe line hits the bottom while there are still active combos. There is finally the drop combos which are when you setup a combo to happen after a combo underneath the one you already have, EX:

3<--- 3's are combo

when they clear the twos will come into contact and make a regular chain (2 x multiplier) and a drop combo (2 x multliplier) the drop number is the same as the size of the combo, so you basically double your multliplier every time you make a drop combo. I've been able to get upwards of 145 per minute (for the first minute anyway)

Let me know if you still do not understand.

cozy
July 31st, 2007, 22:06
You have got tallent keep up the good work maybe i`ll see you in the games that r released by the big names :)

carlitx
July 31st, 2007, 23:14
ok i understand now its like the ultimate 3d tetris game ,with dice:P

cnewhall
August 8th, 2007, 22:12
Where do I submit my extremely high scores?