PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xGx v2.0.1b8 - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
July 31st, 2007, 13:09
Chrunchy2 (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14464&postcount=1) has released a new version of the Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube, Heres whats new:

[What's New 2.0.1b8]
* Added: SD slot B options for freezes, sram and loading of roms
* Changed: SMB options no longer displayed in menus when run on a Wii
* Changed: Game auto resumes running after resetting when choosing the "Reset Game" menu option
* Fixed (maybe): Reading of DVDs past the 1.36 GB barrier (Wii only) please test! - svpe

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

NEO117
August 12th, 2007, 00:23
What's the deal does it have a select button?

TaxiTitan
August 12th, 2007, 03:29
Hi can anyone please help me with getting a .dol file to boot.
Teshken seems to have been the only forum with all the instructions.
Ive googled some, but ended up with this and dont have a linux CPU ( and dont know that much about linux either ). [removed]

Can someone upload a bootable version of the newest version called
snes9xGx201b8-mcslota.dol
or preferably a disc image with that boot program buillt in. (so I can just put in all the roms myself with my magic iso opening program)

The older versions of GC snes emus doesnt take Super Metroid Redesign

Thanx for reading my cry for help

Sabres
August 12th, 2007, 06:04
^^^^^^

AAGGHH!!! Please remove that file you uploaded immediately! You are endangering the existance of this site!

DimensionT
August 12th, 2007, 07:32
Yes... Please remove the attachment from our post, then ban yourself.

TaxiTitan
August 12th, 2007, 19:23
Forgive me for putting the file before.
Didnt know that a hack rom counted as copyright material.
Ive romoved it now.

Found out about the nice Bootabledisc3 program and it worked fine ;)
But 1 major problem still exist.
None of the well known Super Metroid hacks works.
(SM Dependence,SM Impossible and SM Redesign)
The first 2 starts without any modifications in the game, and Redesign doesnt make it to the 2nd logo.
Zelda parallel worlds hack and super mario world hacks worked fine.
Dont know why Rendering ranger R2 doesnt work either?
Is there a way to make a request for the compability of any game rom?

Sabres
August 12th, 2007, 19:34
No clue. Sometime later today or tomorrow I'll check these out and see if I can get them to play. I've been able to play Super Hard Metroid without any problems, that's the version where enemies do 2x damage to Samus and also take 2x damage to destroy.

TaxiTitan
August 12th, 2007, 20:05
Cool ;)
I havent tried that hack yet.
Think it works because it isnt that many major adjustments in the game and dont think they used the new SM hack tool "SMILE" to modifie it.
Ive read that the old snes 9x wont take it, but this is based on snes9x1.50 and that should be new enough. I like GC through component cables better then the tv out from the PC witch also suffers more from some juddering and teering ;)
Thanx for helpng me out mr :D

duros
August 13th, 2007, 00:56
Is multiplayer support.. um supported?

I see a multitap option in the settings but does that mean you need a multitap? Turning it on with another controller in the 2nd port seems to do nothing.

Sabres
August 13th, 2007, 04:01
^^^^

I don't use this version as there's a much better, older version for the Gamecube.

But anyway, the multitap is for 3 or 4 player games. Turning it on allows a 3rd player or 4th player to play, such as in Super Bomberman.

Also, these emulators only recognize a controller if it's plugged in when you first turn on your system.

duros
August 13th, 2007, 04:59
^^^^

Also, these emulators only recognize a controller if it's plugged in when you first turn on your system.

That was my error. Again, much thanks man.

Which older version are you referring to? What features/aspects make it superior?

TaxiTitan
August 13th, 2007, 07:46
Yes it is true that the older Snes9xGX v0.0.5x by Krullo, emulates games smoother with no juddering/lags.
And some sequences looks more badly interlaced in the GX2.0 cause you can see some white lines flickering more.
But I dont get the 100% stretched fullscreen ( small black boarders at top and bottom ) in the 0.0.5x but think its gonna be adjustable on the newer tvs.
Another bummer is that theres no quicksave in
0.0.5x but its not that important if youre good :P

Rendering Ranger also works here but not in GX2.0.
And of course.. The pretty new Super Metroid Redesign hack doesnt seem to work at all here either :( (hope it will be aded soon)

If they were to continue to patch 0.0.5x just a little more instead of 2.0, it would be the best and completed snes emulator for the GC, and play almost all, or all games in the finest way possible.

marzsyndrome
August 16th, 2007, 01:05
Man, rom hacks are illegal on here now?

Of course I don't know whether it was a case of the rom being attached to the post, or if it was a link to the hack in general.

Sabres
August 16th, 2007, 04:11
^^^^

It is illegal to upload a rom hack and/or to post a link to a rom hack. In another words, people need to look for these things on their own.

Also, for the Gamecube, I use SNESGX Version 0.0.5x, the one that has the correct L and R button configuration. The sound on a few games is warped, such as Mortal Kombat II and Secret of Evermore, but otherwise the emulator runs perfectly. No save states, but there's SRAM.

SNESGX Version 2.whatever causes all sorts of problems for me on my 'Cube. Games flicker like crazy, massive slowdown, black screens, etc.

gary_abernethy2
August 17th, 2007, 22:05
Ah, Nintendo forced an update on me that wont let Action Replay work anymore on the Wii.
Does anyone know a way around this?
PLEASE help!
[email protected]

gary_abernethy2
September 2nd, 2007, 21:46
I had to get back a GameCube :(
Anyway, is there any SNES emulator for cube that will play Yoshis Island, Kirby Superstar, Kirby 3, and Mario RPG?

brujagio
September 10th, 2007, 01:03
Hmm.. it seems some games just give me an error and won't boot (SM All Stars, Bomberman 1, 3, 4). Is there a solution to this?

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 02:00
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57225&page=4

Go here and try using the SNESGX file that I uploaded.

There should really be a notification for everyone that SNES9xGX v2.0 runs HORRIBLY on the Gamecube and that people using Gamecubes should just stick to version 0.0.5x

If your games still don't work, you need to go and redownload your games from a different site. Look for the "!" in the name of the game file when you download it as that means the game is the best version possible.

brujagio
September 10th, 2007, 23:01
Still no luck, got the same error :(

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 23:36
You should try and find versions of those games from a different site.

alex.mbv
October 26th, 2007, 17:36
Can someone explain how to get SRAM saving working on v.0.0.5x All i keep getting is "Unable to mount memory card". I've tried the Media Launcher ans memory card in both slots and i'm completely stuck for ideas.

alex.mbv
October 27th, 2007, 00:49
Nevermind, i got it working by switching my media launcher with my memory card. Although now, all my sram saves work except for chrono trigger which refuses to be recognised in the emu, even though its recognised as being on the memory card. I also cant save any other chrono trigger data until ive deleted the old unusable file. Is this just an instability in the emulator or just something that always happens on this game, as ive heard a similar fault happens on FFIII(VI). Any help welcome, im a complete noob!

cool2000m
March 16th, 2008, 02:58
I've tried EVERYTHING, and absolutely no version of this emulator will read my gamecube controllers. Does it work with the twilight hack, or what?

Eviltaco64
March 16th, 2008, 03:07
Is this the best version of Gamecube SNES?

benitojuarezxl
July 25th, 2008, 04:06
how do i get this to run roms off the dvds on an unmodded wii? It only sees my sd card