PDA

View Full Version : Ock The Caveman RPG

wraggster
July 31st, 2007, 14:40
Tippy (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,882.msg6702/topicseen.html#new) has released an awesome looking homebrew RPG game for the DS, heres the release details:

You are Ock the caveman. The dark magician, Dark Magician has been terrorizing a local modern village, infesting the world with monsters everywhere. The bravest warriors have all been slain in an attempt to thwart the monsters and the Dark Magician. All the rational men left refuse to stop the Dark Magician and Merlin, the good magician, being too old, has to call upon someone... so he goes back in time and picks up a caveman. He realizes that cavemen are much stronger than regular men and much dumber than them and with that fact he has chosen upon a caveman to handle these foes and his reward? EVOLUTION! yeah, he gets to become a regular human after evolving for a couple of times.

Be warned though, you cannot unequip/ use certain weapons until you have leveled up a bit and evolved. A first level caveman can only have on a spear. A second level can have a club/spear. And a human can have anything on.

So go ahead and defeat the monsters and mingle with the towns folk. Some of them are only available during certain hours though, and I probably should have added more than a few side quests.
Keys:
Y - start battle if you want. You will randomly encounter thtem though.
A - talk to people/ use stuff
B - cancel
X - when it's highlighted over an item it will show a description of the item
Select - Inventory
R/L - in Inventory, will go to next place like spells or Equipped weapons

Stuff I'll add but didn't have time to:
- Some of the gfx are corrupted since I loaded too much Oh well.
- tHE ITEM descriptions are off for some reason
-Dying. Yeah you never die in here.
-More Battlebackgrounds. As you can see, I'm right near the limit for Homebrew so Icouldn't squeeze in more battle backgrounds and had to stick with 1. In fact I had to get rid of quite a few gfx to get under the 4MB limit.
-Saving. This game is fairly short, so I don't think you even need it.
-Bugs. I didn't test this all that much so I don't know how it'll turn out.
-ColMap in Houses. I kept getting weird bugs so the Collision detection is turned off
in the houses
-More Sound Effects, Like I said, I was running into the limit so I couldn't

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments