PDA

View Full Version : map this 0.4.99 address look up issue

appleappletwo
July 31st, 2007, 18:44
Sys setup:

using map this! 0.4.99 under 3.40oe-a (TA-082 3.11 official downgraded to 1.5 then 3.40oea directlly), no gps reciver hookedup. generating map (with geodata selected) for Vancouver area in CANADA using latest gmdl. Got the two usb prx files from the latest "unofficial map this!" bundle. cpu set to 222 or 333

Bugs when address look up:

after enter the map this from XMB, the first address searching looks normal, several results will be listed. (BUT the city name is incorrect).

But if I do another search, only the previsous result will be listed. For example, search "Hastings st." right after map this started is fine, then search again "cliff st." the result given is the same as the result for "Hasting st.". I have to quit to XMB re-enter map this and search for "cliff st." to get the correct result.

any easy solution to this address look up issue?

CAN't wait for 0.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

in7ane
August 20th, 2007, 11:48
Thanks for reporting that, the subsequent searches returning the same results happens if you search for a street name without a number (try searching for 1 Hastings St. instead).

City names are sometimes/often incorrect because I take the closest city from a different database than the road data (which does not have city names), also the Canadian post codes are not available.