PDA

View Full Version : Please Donate @ evolvexmb for Server Fees

evolve
August 1st, 2007, 03:13
The webmaster who is hosting evolvexmb (www.evolvexmb.com), Killeroid, is in need of PayPal donations to keep up the website. He got robbed yesterday and lost his credit cards, I.D, and allot of money. We are looking for donations to pay for this months server fees.. after this month we are set. If you can donate even a little amount.. it will go a long way. :)

Please Donate via the button you see on the right menu at evolvexmb.com (www.evolvexmb.com)
Your help in this matter is very appreciated, Thank You! :)

- evolve

pt9087
August 1st, 2007, 03:17
I will do my best! :thumbup:

evolve
August 1st, 2007, 03:19
Thanks guys.. if you can help us out for this month it will be really appreciated!

scarph
August 1st, 2007, 03:50
cover your pockets killeroid

DragonPimpsta
August 1st, 2007, 04:12
cancel those cards before they take money out :-o

scarph
August 1st, 2007, 04:41
http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

ficksucker
August 1st, 2007, 05:59
That sucks :|.

Though personally I wouldn't donate a cent unless I saw a copy of the police report. Sorry.

Veskgar
August 1st, 2007, 06:55
Where did the robbery take place? It angers me to hear of such news.

I haven't used any of the great custom themes on the site but I certainly admire the hard work and quality.

I can't donate now but when I have more time to play with custom themes, I'll surely donate something via PayPal.

Buddy4point0
August 1st, 2007, 08:02
crap, sorry man i just spend my entire pay pal on a new mem card. i woulda gave u 10-15 bucks too.
sorry man.

PSPCulture
August 1st, 2007, 08:28
The webmaster who is hosting evolvexmb (www.evolvexmb.com), Killeroid, is in need of PayPal donations to keep up the website. He got robbed yesterday and lost his credit cards, I.D, and allot of money. We are looking for donations to pay for this months server fees.

Careful evolve, because to me it sounds like you are trying to make money out of a lot of peoples hard work making themes.

Unless you are going to take all the money you raise via this 'donation' exercise and split it amongst all those people who have made the themes, you may find yourself in trouble with the PSP community. I'm sure you'll have earned a tidy sum from all the google ads on your site, surely that will cover your bandwidth costs with a little to spare?

shorty_carnage
August 1st, 2007, 09:28
Stupid beggers

Gizmo356
August 1st, 2007, 09:35
Stupid beggers

This isn't QJ so don't make stupid immature comments, so until you grow up a bit go to QJ and play with the 'first posters'

bah
August 1st, 2007, 09:37
No offense but the images seem to be hosted by http://www.picturepush.com/ for free, im not a member of the site but are the actual themes locally hosted?

If not then surely the ads cover the servers bandwidth.

shorty_carnage
August 1st, 2007, 09:46
This isn't QJ so don't make stupid immature comments, so until you grow up a bit go to QJ and play with the 'first posters'

Back off.

I was only joking, but i do not appriciate people begging for money on the psp news page.

JPJunkie
August 1st, 2007, 12:01

Lmao!!

I would donate but I'm poor sorry:(

And btw how cum in ur sig shorty carnage it says +rep me??? I mean come on you must no by now that the rep system has gone!

shorty_carnage
August 1st, 2007, 12:34
Come on its just a sig!

Doesnt mean anything. Hey I'll change it if it makes you happy!

What would you like to see in my sig?

evolve
August 1st, 2007, 14:15
To whom it may concern:

Obviously everyone has the right to be suspicious and concerned so I'll explain this to all of you as clearly as I can so there is no misunerstanding:

The Google Ads don't make enough money to cover the server bills. The only time I made money was when I told you guys to click them (which was against Google policy -- about $150). Which was about 2 months ago.. the money is used by now. :(

These days I barely make over a dollar a day (about 10 clicks average)... which would be enough money to pay for the server bills at the end of the month but Google doesn't send out a check until you've reached $100 or more.. I think PSPculture knows that because he also has Google Ads on his website.

The files are locally hosted on evolvexmb. You can tell when you see where the file is linked to when you click on it for downloading. Here is the bandwidth used the past two months.. I think Bah was asking:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4049/badwidthqm8.png

The donation money isn't going to me.. it's going straight to the hoster of the website... he offered me hosting when my site was hosted on x0b free hosting and went down because of bandwidth issues.

I hope I've cleared all misunderstandings... I wouldn't risk my scene in the PSP community just for a few $ :(

Thanks to anyone who donated.

Sonicboy 101
August 1st, 2007, 14:20
I have no paypal. :(
So sorry man, otherwise I would.

JPJunkie
August 1st, 2007, 15:09
Come on its just a sig!

Doesnt mean anything. Hey I'll change it if it makes you happy!

What would you like to see in my sig?

Pythagoras theory would be nice

The Google Ads don't make enough money to cover the server bills. The only time I made money was when I told you guys to click them (which was against Google policy -- about $150). Which was about 2 months ago.. the money is used by now. :(

I can click on the adds for you :)

But I can't do much more sorry:(

PSPCulture
August 1st, 2007, 15:28
whats the host charging you per GB over your limit? It may be worth moving off dreamhost, or alternatively finding somewhere to host the themes off your main site, so you can keep bandwidth costs down.

mavsman4457
August 1st, 2007, 15:41
Yes please tell us how much you need so we know what to shoot for and when to stop.

ALF
August 1st, 2007, 16:43
:) Why not a section on dcemu, I mean u would have to ask wraggster or someone in charge i suppose but its worth a shot. And I think it would make a great addition to the site.

If not then i think that everyone should just click the adds. Cuss by the looks of it you have been getting a lot of new members and i joined yesterday so I'll be sure to click'em. :p

FOL
August 1st, 2007, 18:11
Shame, I dont ask for anything when i let people have space on my server. Mine can take alot of gigage a month.

I dont do adverts (they clutter up sites and in some cases cause browsers to lockup). People have asked me on a number of occassions to setup a donations link, which im very relutant to do, as i see it as a hobby, and i would still be paying for the server regardless.

PSPCulture
August 1st, 2007, 19:19
I can click on the adds for you :)

Yes please tell us how much you need so we know what to shoot for and when to stop.

If not then i think that everyone should just click the adds. Cuss by the looks of it you have been getting a lot of new members and i joined yesterday so I'll be sure to click'em. :p

no no no no no.

Firstly, thats click fraud as far as Google is concerned, so the clicks won't count. Secondly, it a sure fire way to get the google adsense account suspended, especially if google have reason to believe that the adsense account holder has encouraged invalid clicks (and a thread asking for donations would be seen as such).

So on behalf of Evolve, I seriously ask that you refrain from clicking on any ads unless you are truely interested in whats being advertisied. Google has a number of methods of tracking fraud, including tracking ip address. Going to a site and clicking the add once a day will be picked up as easily as you clicking a an add 5 or 6 times in a row.

If you want to help, donate via paypal, or add a link to the site via your signature, but clicking on the google ads will just end up with the account shut down.

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2007, 00:31
hm they got robbed sounds bad mn hope they get support they need
(im a noob in theme costmation bricked my last psp with it) dont dare to do it again

S34MU5
August 2nd, 2007, 00:34
pics or it didn't happen

evolve
August 2nd, 2007, 01:23
I don't have pics or a report as it happened to my website hoster.. the donation money also goes directly to him... I would have posted pics if I had some :p

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2007, 02:17
lol who would take pics of themselves getting robbed. haha. sorry man but as i already said. i just used my whole paypal on a new memcard