PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 Released - Neogeo CD Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
August 1st, 2007, 16:09
Softdev (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4153&page=6&pp=30) has released a new version of his NeoGeoCD emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube. Heres whats new:

What's new?

Nothing much - only it now works on SD too!

Fortunately, the NeoGeoCDs contain 8.3 formatted filenames, which fits elm-chan's TinyFATFS perfectly!

Follow the instructions for DVD - same rules apply.

The compiled binary is for SD in SLOT A only.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

derekm
August 1st, 2007, 23:11
Hi,

Great news about the SD support for this emulator :thumbup:

I have tried this with a few games but can't get it to work, but I'm sure it will be something i'm doing wrong.

What I have been doing is extracting the files from the game ISO, adding the bios folder with the bios file, moving the MP3's to a folder called MP3 & adding the game folder to my SD card root.

I can load the emulator & navigate the menu to select the game folder, but when I select the game folder, the emulator freezes. :(

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

thanks,
Derek

Sabres
August 5th, 2007, 04:57
The following is a post I wrote on tehskeen but I figure it would be useful for people to read on this particular board.

w00t! I finally figured out why the music wasn't playing. When I named my music files, I named them exactly as "TRACK02.MP3", "TRACK03.MP3", TRACK04.MP3" etc. With these filenames, I could not get the music to play at all. So, after hearing some suggestions from Trispin, I went back and renamed my music files exactly as "TRACK02", "TRACK03", "TRACK04", etc. (keep in mind that I never actually used quotations, I'm just using quotes for the sake of this post).

When I renamed the music files as "TRACK02", "TRACK03", etc. I finally was able to get the music to play. What was happening was that my mp3 files already had the extension of .MP3, so when I was naming the files as "TRACK02.MP3", the full filename was really "TRACK02.MP3.MP3". So that's why I could never get any music to play.

So anyway, to get everything working was very simple. I had my SD Card/Gekko Adapter in Slot A and my Action Replay dongle in Slot B.

1) Toss the latest "Redux.dol" file that softdev created (Edit: Top of Page 6!) on the root of the SD Card. Toss the folder named "BIOS" onto the root of the SD Card. Toss each individual NeoGeo CD game folder onto the root of the SD Card.

2) When choosing a game folder from the Redux.dol menu, make sure to press "X" to choose the game, as pressing "A" will cause the screen to lock up.

3) For when preparing the game file, just do everything as described in the Neo-CD Redux Adobe Acrobat document that softdev typed up.

4) When typing the filename for each mp3, just type "TRACK02", "TRACK03" etc. Do not type "TRACK02.MP3" as you will actually have a filename of "TRACK02.MP3.MP3" and the emulator won't recognize the file!

So finally everything is working perfectly now. Thank you softdev and trispin.

derekm
August 6th, 2007, 16:21
Thanks Sabres, not using the X key was my problem ;)

working great now!

Derek

Gnimm
August 6th, 2007, 22:07
Tehskeen is dead, just letting you guys know.

Sabres
August 7th, 2007, 01:04
Yeah, at first I thought the site was just hacked but now it appears that Brakken was forced to shut down the site. Hopefully that won't stop updated emus and new emus from being worked on for the Gamecube though.

duros
August 11th, 2007, 04:50
Can anyone please specify exactly how to rename/place the TRACK01 image?

First it was the A button freezing it up..
..Then no ipx.txt file. (found in the TRACK01 file)

Now it will try and load a game folder but I get a black screen every time. :mad:

I have every music track in uppercase and renamed without spaces in an MP3 folder within the game folder including the TRACK01 image.

I'm perplexed as to what the hell is wrong with my directory setup. Any help/step by step file tutorial would be most appreciated.:thumbup:

Sabres
August 11th, 2007, 05:48
Can anyone please specify exactly how to rename/place the TRACK01 image?

First it was the A button freezing it up..
..Then no ipx.txt file. (found in the TRACK01 file)

Now it will try and load a game folder but I get a black screen every time. :mad:

I have every music track in uppercase and renamed without spaces in an MP3 folder within the game folder including the TRACK01 image.

I'm perplexed as to what the hell is wrong with my directory setup. Any help/step by step file tutorial would be most appreciated.:thumbup:

1) This particular Redux.dol file available in this thread is for loading roms off of the SD Card. If you are trying to load roms off of a burned disc it won't work.

2) Did you extract the files in the Track01 image? You should have the game folder, then inside the game folder you should have a folder called "MP3" as well as dozens of other files that were extracted from the Track 01 image.

3) Do you have the BIOS folder on the root of your card? It has to be named BIOS and it has to have that one particular file that we can't really talk about on these boards.

zubiac
August 11th, 2007, 18:31
something isn't working for me...

maybe some of you can help me out:

When load the redux.dol I get the message "Insert memory card. Press A to continue".
I don't even get into the Emu-Menu it seems.
Note: The "NeoCD Redux" screen appears but no Menu but this message.

I have the SD card adapter in Slot A and my AR-Memory Card in Slot B.
I have the redux.dol, BIOS folder (with the BIOS file) and a game folder(with all files) on the root of the SD card.

(Probably) Important Side-Note:
After I got that wierd message I tried to change slots of SD card adapter and memory card(means: Memory card into Slot A and SD card into Slot B) and then I pressed A and new message("Mounting Media") appeared. The discdrive started to work suddenly(sounded NOT good) but the "Mounting Media" message stayed. I waited for a couple of minutes but nothing happened...so I turned my GC off.

Any help is appreciated.

Big Thanx in advance.:(

duros
August 11th, 2007, 19:27
2) Did you extract the files in the Track01 image?.

Thanks Sabres.. that was the step I was missing. I didn't realize i had to extract TRACK01 into the game dir.

Great emulator... I love these games!

Sabres
August 11th, 2007, 19:42

When load the redux.dol I get the message "Insert memory card. Press A to continue".

I have the redux.dol, BIOS folder (with the BIOS file) and a game folder(with all files) on the root of the SD card.

After I got that wierd message I tried to change slots of SD card adapter and memory card(means: Memory card into Slot A and SD card into Slot B) and then I pressed A and new message("Mounting Media") appeared. The discdrive started to work suddenly(sounded NOT good) but the "Mounting Media" message stayed. I waited for a couple of minutes but nothing happened...so I turned my GC off.

Any help is appreciated.

At the SDLOAD menu, are you pressing "A" to select the Redux.dol file? I get that message that you are talking about if I press a different button other than "A" to select the Redux.dol file at the SDLOAD screen. It's weird because you have to press "A" to select the Redux.dol file at the SDLOAD screen, but once you get Redux.dol to load and get the Redux menu you have to press "X" to select your game.

So, press "A" to select the Redux.dol file but press "X" to select your game once the Redux file loads and you get the Redux menu.

zubiac
August 11th, 2007, 19:46

Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE(Solution):
Action Replay Memory Cards do NOT work.
Use any other regular memory cards instead.

new problem: after I load a game I get the loading screen but then "Black screen".
what could it be?
bad dump maybe?

zubiac
August 11th, 2007, 20:20
UPDATE(Solution):
Action Replay Memory Cards do NOT work.
Use any other regular memory cards instead.

new problem: after I load a game I get the loading screen but then "Black screen".
what could it be?
bad dump maybe?

me (again)

got my first game "working" (Bowling)
it runs but I can't press "start"
WTF? :confused:

Sabres
August 11th, 2007, 20:22
me (again)

got my first game "working" (Bowling)
it runs but I can't press "start"
WTF? :confused:

I'm using this on my Gamecube, and in slot A I have my Gekko adapter and SD Card. In Slot B I have my Action Replay dongle. Everything's been working perfectly.

I think you have to press the "Z" button, that little shoulder button on the top-right part of the controller to press "start".

zubiac
August 11th, 2007, 20:38
I'm using this on my Gamecube, and in slot A I have my Gekko adapter and SD Card. In Slot B I have my Action Replay dongle. Everything's been working perfectly.

I think you have to press the "Z" button, that little shoulder button on the top-right part of the controller to press "start".

Thank you Sabres. I will try that :)

duros
August 11th, 2007, 21:44
Anyone manage to get more than 2 or 3 game folders on one sd card?

I tried with one or 2 game dirs and all is fine.

But when i finally get 4 or 5 neocd game dirs to the card it does not read the sd right through sdloader. (either the root is blank or has 2 files with corrupted filenames)

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it was may crappy sd reader. All is well.

zubiac
August 12th, 2007, 08:34
tried several games and I could only get ONE(Leauge Bowling) working.

hell, not even "Bust a move" works.

All is fine till after the loading screen. I even get the Aero Fighters 3 loading screen(a little plane) when loading that game but after the loading screen I get a black screen. Same goes to every other game(Roboarmy etc) I tried....eveytime black screen

could it be that a slow SD card doesn't work?
What SD cards does everyone use here?

im really lost at the moment :( :confused:

Sabres
August 12th, 2007, 08:51
^^^^

I'm using a 2GB Sandisk SD Card.

One thing that you two may want to check is to see if your game folders contain an "IPL" file. Each game folder contains an IPL file which is basically a wordpad document that has important information in it. The name of this IPL file for each game is simply called "IPL"

zubiac
August 12th, 2007, 10:09
well, I'm using a 2GB "Hama" SD card for 14 euros.
I know that it not exactly "fast". I will try a faster one and report back in afterwards.

I have the IPL file(.txt format) in every game folder, so it can't be my problem.

strange....:confused:

zubiac
August 12th, 2007, 10:30
update: It's not the Sd card. I tried a fast one and still black screen after loading scene.

argh

Sabres
August 12th, 2007, 19:30
Are you setting up anything differently for that Bowling game than you are with any of the other games? Remember that each game needs to have its own folder on the root of the SD Card. I haven't run across a game yet that I've had any trouble getting to load or anything.

zubiac
August 13th, 2007, 08:53
^^^^
no everything is the same.
MP3s in its own folder withing the game folder which include the game files too.

tried 20 games now and all gimme black screen exept the supersmall Bowling game.

I can't believe it really :confused: :confused: :mad:

Sabres
August 13th, 2007, 12:51
Maybe you should look for a different version of the BIOS file.

wolf9545
August 13th, 2007, 16:46
Also, there is a ISO file along with the MP3 files. Like other people said make sure that the MP3 files are in a MP3 folder and the ISO is extracted. I use IZARC to extract the ISO file. In the end you should have a game folder and inside that game folder should be a ton of files and a folder called MP3 with the MP3's in it. Also, this version of the emulator is for the games on the SD card not on a DVD. Could someone post the version for DVDs?

captiancool
August 21st, 2007, 05:53
i cant get this thing to work and whats with the audio files you guys are refering to, all the games i have gotten consist of 6 or 12 files all with .rom extension . Are these the files that i need or do i have get the actual cd images to make this work(which are no where to be found on any torrent websites)

thanx in advance for any help:thumbup:

Sabres
August 21st, 2007, 21:12
^^^

You should go somewhere else to get your NeoGeo CD rom files as you need the rom version of the image file which you need to extract. Also, the file in this thread is for use via SD Load. Everything else is in the Adobe Acrobat document that comes with the download on this thread.

captiancool
August 24th, 2007, 03:51
dude this is what i have :
.zip file named metalslugx and in it were these:
250-c1.rom
250-c2.rom
250-c3.rom
250-c4.rom
250-c5.rom
250-c6.rom
250-m1.rom
250-p1.rom
250-p2.rom
250-s1.rom
250-v1.rom
250-v2.rom
250-v3.rom

now just tell me this , are these the files that i need to play "metalslugx" or do i have get something else

Sabres
August 24th, 2007, 05:08
^^^^

That doesn't look anything at all like what you should have. You are downloading "Neo Geo CD" rom files, not just regular "Neo Geo" or even "MAME" arcade rom versions of the game, right? Cause there's a huge difference there.

chrisino
August 30th, 2007, 12:27
Hi,

I was having difficulty with this emulator but I have finally got it to work on some games. When the emu loads it comes up with a message to insert the memory card and press the A button. I did this but it didnt work unless I removed the memory card from slot B on my Wii and re-inserted it and then pressed A. It then takes you into the sub directories. I went into the NEO Games folder and then to the folder where my game was and pressed the X button and it loaded the game. If you press the X button on the Neo Game folder it looks like it's working but then comes up with the error that it can't find the IPL file.

I have only tested 2 games so far. Some wouldn't work. If people don't mind I will post the results of working/non working games with this emu in the next couple of days just for info.

Thanks for reading

Chrisino:)

ywchung
September 2nd, 2007, 04:39
thank you for sharing information

Tyr
September 5th, 2007, 00:36
Is there any work being done on getting this to boot off dvd-r on wii? since then alot more people will be able to use.

What makes Neocd emu so special , all other homebrew works off dvd-r if i'm not wrong?

Sabres
September 5th, 2007, 00:49
There is a working version of the emu that's bootable off of a mini DVD-R, so long as you have a method of loading dol files off of mini DVD-R's. Check this board, maybe page 2 or 3 has the file. I may have it but i'll have to scavage my computer for it.

Tyr
September 5th, 2007, 21:13
Mini dvd-r , but if i run it on wii can i use a dual layer dvd-r?

Also i cannot find any mention of this version that runs straight off dvd without the need of a SD card.

Sabres
September 5th, 2007, 22:20
So long as you can get your system to read dol files off of dvd-r's, whether it be regular dvd-r's, mini dvd-r's, single or double layered, i don't think it would matter at all what kind of media you use.

I'm fairly certain this file is workable off of a dvd-r. Make sure before you do anything that you read the adobe acrobat document as it tells you how to build your mini dvd-r and such. Sorry if you don't get this to work but I couldn't get my Gamecube to ever read dvd-r's so i never had the chance to actually test this dol file out. I just use the SD Load version of the dol file and it works like a dream. But anyway, here's the dvd-r version of the dol file.

Tyr
September 6th, 2007, 01:43
Thanks alot Sabres! i will experiment around with a dvd-rw first so no harm done if it doesnt work:)

Sabres
September 6th, 2007, 03:14
Oh, btw it's very important that if you do get the NeoCD Redux dol emu to load, and at the emu menu you have your list of games, that you press what I believe is the "X" button to choose your game. It's either Y or X, i forget, but if you press any other button when choosing your game I think it just freezes the emu and you have to restart your Wii or Gamecube.

gary_abernethy2
September 7th, 2007, 03:50
What games do you guys recommend, and why?

Sabres
September 7th, 2007, 20:45
Metal Slug, Metal Slug X/2, Pulstar, Magician Lord, Samurai Shodown 2, Fatal Fury Special.

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 17:07
Hi @ all. I tried neo redux 1.36 today but it doesn't seems to boot properly. All i get is a weird green mess on the screen :confused: . i did all like said in the pdf. the checksum of my NEOCD.BIN compares to the first mentioned in the pdf.

my dvd root looks like:

/redux.dol
/BOOT/NEOCD.BIN
/MS2/IPL.TXT (and all other metal slug data files i extracted from the metal slug.iso)
/MS2/MP3/TRACK02.MP3 (and all other Tracks)

i bootet the dol from cobra 1.6
i use PAL DOL001
and Viper GC Extreme

i also tried out ver. 1.51 (same result) and 1.52 (boots to the "press A button" screen and then hangs up)

i dont want to waste another dvd so does this sound familiar to anyone? is having an AR or gekko adapter a must? could anyone help me plz?

Thanks in advance.

Sabres
September 9th, 2007, 18:09
Hi @ all. I tried neo redux 1.36 today but it doesn't seems to boot properly. All i get is a weird green mess on the screen :confused: . i did all like said in the pdf. the checksum of my NEOCD.BIN compares to the first mentioned in the pdf.

my dvd root looks like:

/redux.dol
/BOOT/NEOCD.BIN
/MS2/IPL.TXT (and all other metal slug data files i extracted from the metal slug.iso)
/MS2/MP3/TRACK02.MP3 (and all other Tracks)

i bootet the dol from cobra 1.6
i use PAL DOL001
and Viper GC Extreme

i also tried out ver. 1.51 (same result) and 1.52 (boots to the "press A button" screen and then hangs up)

i dont want to waste another dvd so does this sound familiar to anyone? is having an AR or gekko adapter a must? could anyone help me plz?

Thanks in advance.

Three things.....

1) Your NeoCD.bin file is supposed to go in a folder called "BIOS", not "BOOT"

2) Make sure when you name your mp3 files, that you do not actually type out ".MP3" at the end of the filename. The files are in .mp3 format and if you literally type out something such as "TRACK02.MP3", because the file is in mp3 format the emulator will see the filename as "TRACK02.MP3.MP3" and won't recognize it so you won't get any music.

3) Make sure when you select your rom folder at the Redux menu, that you press the "X" button as pressing the "A" button will cause the emulator to freeze.

Lastly, the file available for download on the first page of this thread is for SD Cards. The file I provided on page 4 of this thread is for DVD-R. Try that version out, cause version 1.36 is an old old version, i think.

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 19:34
Holy :eek:

omg how could THIS happen :rolleyes: thats so distressing. i burned about 4 dvd -r's with a "BOOT" folder instead a "BIOS" folder on it :p

however, thanks a lot sabres i'll try it again immediatly .oO

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 20:33
crap, i wasted my last dvd-r :(

i added a pic of the screen that appears after running the dol that sabres added and a pic of the root dir of the dvd-r.

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 20:52
hm, the problem seems to be with the cobra bios - my lovely cobra bios :(

i flashed the viper gc with the gcos viper gc extreme special version (Beta - espiacially 4 GC Extreme) and it boots now but then hangs up again like the 0.1.52 ver. - maybe i pressed a wrong btn or so. i also tried cobra 2.0 and streaming the dol via usb but doesn't work either. still trying get this to work ...

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 21:24
so, no success here :( no ver. will work. after going to the main screen, everything seems to stuck even if i try pressing X or Y or Z first. maybe theres something i dont know or it possibly doesn't work for Viper GC Extreme users. green mess is a weird error anyhow. :confused:

Sabres
September 9th, 2007, 21:42
Two more things to try, otherwise I'm not sure what else you could do.

First of all, you may or may not have a good version of the NeoCD.bin file. It should be a 512kb file and there are different versions of it, some are good while others aren't. There's really no way to tell which version is good or not, you just have to kind of pick one and see what happens.

Secondly, how you burn your mini dvd-r matters. You can't burn it simply as a data dvd-r. You have to burn it as an ISO Image, I believe.

I wish TEHSKEEN was still around, as that had loads of information and helpful tips with using this emu. But anyway, let me ask you this: Have you been able to use any other emulators such as Genesis Plus, FCEUGC, or SNES9x GX using the dvd-r method?

Also, what are you using for your dvd-r burning program?

I just looked at your 2nd pic. Have you been using only dvd-rw's to try and play this? Not sure if that's a problem or not but I think only dvd-r's can be used for this type of stuff.

madgyver1
September 9th, 2007, 21:53
the dvd-rw thing in the pic is vista crap. i use only dvd-r's (TDK with TTN04 media code). i set nero 7.0 to iso restrict mode and it don't want to edit something so i guess everything was iso9960 (or whatever).

i also already use an snes emu (dont ask the exact name the injector which makes every *.smc 2 *.dol) and it works perfect - 2players, saving - ...

for the neocd.bin i used an md5 checker to compare it with the checksum in the pdf and as i written before it compares to the first mentioned. so i think it will be fine - but iam not that sure. and the green crap in the screenshot above - i guess u haven't seen such before?

brujagio
September 9th, 2007, 23:15
Is it possible to go back to the SDLoad menu?

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 00:24
Is it possible to go back to the SDLoad menu?

Unfortunately, no. Once you load NeoCD Redux, you can change what neogeo cd game you want to play, but you can't go back to the sd load screen.

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 00:32
so, no success here :( no ver. will work. after going to the main screen, everything seems to stuck even if i try pressing X or Y or Z first. maybe theres something i dont know or it possibly doesn't work for Viper GC Extreme users. green mess is a weird error anyhow. :confused:

Hey madgyver1, what exactly is the main screen that you are referring to? Have you been able to get the Redux main menu to show up? It says "Redux" at the top and should have a list of all the files on the root of your dvd-r. The screen is kind of a blue/silver color.

If you've been able to get this screen to show up, then you are halfway there. From there, you just highlight the folder of the game you want to play, and, at least on the sd card version, you press "X" to select the rom.

Also, yes, using Nero you need to make an ISSO 9660 dvd-r. I don't have it on my computer, but i can hunt for it, but there's a file called "NeroGC" that pretty much guarantees that NeoGeo Redux will properly boot. I'm pretty sure the file also has a step by step pdf file that explains it all. Let me hunt for it on the web and see if i can find it. I used to have it, but once the version of Redux came out that was workable off of sd cards i deleted the nerogc file. And with Tehskeen gone, it's going to be difficult but it should be available somewhere.

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 00:53
Ah, here we go. NeroGC. The pdf document is very detailed and gives you step by step instructions that are very simple and easy to follow. A lot of people have raved about how this is a great tool for creating bootable dvd-r's. Btw, this was created by softdev

madgyver1
September 10th, 2007, 01:13
hi, i'am back (tried to defeat metroid prime for the 17'th time or so but no luck ^^) however - back to topic:

It says "Redux" at the top and should have a list of all the files on the root of your dvd-r.

i can see the main neocd redux screen - yes. but no file list appears it just shows the "Insert Memory Card and press 'A' Button" msg. and only when i run gcos. i also figured out that this gcos version is unable to play alot of backups. i tested 6 games but only one (kururin squash) boots. the other games shows a black screen under this gcos version. so if theres no possibility to get neocd running under cobra there'll be no way 4 neo redux. i don't tried gcos 1.5. could this exec dol files without bba at all?

if no one has an idea (who is Tehskeen at all? the progger?) i might be doing better by trying another emu like xmame if it is able to play "king of fighters" or "metal slug" well.

btw. the 0.1.50 version post is 0.1.48 right? maybe i going well with 0.1.50 but where is it.

but there's a file called "NeroGC" that pretty much guarantees that NeoGeo Redux will properly boot. I'm pretty sure the file also has a step by step pdf file that explains it all. Let me hunt for it on the web and see if i can find it. I used to have it, but once the version of Redux came out that was workable off of sd cards i deleted the nerogc file. And with Tehskeen gone, it's going to be difficult but it should be available somewhere.

lets see what the future brings :D playing metal slug or kof98 with friends on gamecube would be fine if it works for me :cool:

so for me its 2h later than shown here i'll check back later. gn8 ;)

madgyver1
September 10th, 2007, 01:18
oh i've expected a little longer delay for this file :D thanks for this. i'll give it a try.

however i have to buy new dvd-r's anyhow so i can't go on now. i'll try it tomorrow and post the result than so c'ya - great community :thumbup:

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 01:56
Regarding the "insert memory card and press A button", have you tried inserting a memory card in slot A or B and pressing "A"? I remember people on Tehskeen talking about that and how it had something to do with having a memory card in either slot a or b, and that it either did or didn't have to be in the slot when you first turned on your system.

Anyway, Tehskeen was THE website for Gamecube homebrew and emulator projects. It was an awesome site but unfortunately it was forced to shut down about a month ago by authorities.

madgyver1
September 10th, 2007, 02:22
uhhm it's 3:15am now but i couldn't resist to try it out with a dvd+r (i have to open my cube and tweak the pot to 150ohms instead 300 for dvd-r to play these crappy dvds). i also tried out the way provided by the how-to added by sabres and what should i say.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: IT WORKS GREAT:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and with the self-booting disc even with my lovely cobra bios. this is awesome i could play mslug on my cube thats phenomenal.

the problem was really the memory card i have to plug it in slot-b and than it worked i hope i didn't simply read that over.

so maybe someone have to do something cuz this is an awesome thing wich must be shared to other folks right? :rofl:

THANK YOU Sabres

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 03:16
uhhm it's 3:15am now but i couldn't resist to try it out with a dvd+r (i have to open my cube and tweak the pot to 150ohms instead 300 for dvd-r to play these crappy dvds). i also tried out the way provided by the how-to added by sabres and what should i say.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: IT WORKS GREAT:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and with the self-booting disc even with my lovely cobra bios. this is awesome i could play mslug on my cube thats phenomenal.

the problem was really the memory card i have to plug it in slot-b and than it worked i hope i didn't simply read that over.

so maybe someone have to do something cuz this is an awesome thing wich must be shared to other folks right? :rofl:

THANK YOU Sabres

That's awesome that you were able to get it to finally work. I wish Metal Slug 3 was released for the NeoGeo CD but it's available on the X-Box and also on that Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2 so i can't complain.

Did you check to see if the previous dvd-r's that you burned work if you have the memory card in slot b? If they do, well now you have a lot of backups in case something happens to your dvd+r.

Lastly, if you have any more problems or questions, just post them here and me or someone else will try to answer them if possible.

Oh, and i see you have Samurai Shodown 3, but why no Samurai Shodown 2? That's the best game in the whole series!

madgyver1
September 10th, 2007, 03:28
Did you check to see if the previous dvd-r's that you burned work if you have the memory card in slot b? If they do, well now you have a lot of backups in case something happens to your dvd+r.

the other dvd-r's have a "BOOT" folder instead of a "BIOS" folder and my last dvd-r was unable to run on cobra cuz it wasn't self bootable.

Oh, and i see you have Samurai Shodown 3, but why no Samurai Shodown 2? That's the best game in the whole series!

i never played samurai shodown :p

Lastly, if you have any more problems or questions, just post them here and me or someone else will try to answer them if possible.

:thumbup:

thus i know how get this to work i'll do it likewise

Sabres
September 10th, 2007, 03:47
^^^^

Oh, you chose the WRONG Samurai Shodown to play. Most people consider Part 3 to be the worst of the series, and for good reason, it isn't really any good. Part 2 and Part 4 are great. Part 2 is very old school while Part 4 is a tad more modern but still has an old school feel.

Hey, in Pulstar, i suggest setting the difficulty to the lowest possible setting, that game is brutally difficult. Also, if you tap the shoot button really quickly when you have a level 2 pod attached to your ship, you can fire out special shots different from normal. It varies based on the type of laser you are using. For example, there's one type of laser where when you have it, rapidly tapping the shoot button creates a huge purple circle around your ship that comes in very handy when there are tons of enemies swarming at you, especially near the end of stage 2.

Also, any time you have a pod attached to your ship, if you quickly tap the A and B buttons together, you'll fire out your pod, it'll create a huge explosion and do serious damage to anything, especially bosses. Unfortunately, since it explodes you lose the pod. But, there are times when you are going to have to do this, especially if you are totally surrounded or know you are about to get hit (one hit and your ship explodes). But the cool thing about shooting your pod out and having it explode is that while it is exploding, your ship is totally invincible and you can fly through enemies and projectiles and whatever. But this only lasts about 3 or 4 seconds.

But just be aware, once you get to stage 5 in Pulstar the difficulty goes through the roof! The stages at this point require complete memorization and tons of practice to get through.

Finally, if you are looking for a fun 2-player game, check out "Windjammers". It's kinda like a mixture between "Pong" and "Frisbee", it sounds dumb but it is actually really really fun!

ohgodalmighty
October 3rd, 2007, 03:06
Does this emulator have .wav support? I'm not using those garbage mp3 versions of ISOs. That renders this emulator worthless to purists.

It's ironic that the manual states "if your bios doesn't match up to the crc given above then you have a bad dump, get another one" but then goes on to describe steps of placing .mp3 files. Oh the irony.

.mp3 tracks are BAD audio tracks. Therefore, mp3iso combination make the games bad dumps. Let's see the inclusion of support for SD slot B (no excuse for not supporting it) and .wav support.

What is the actual game compatability/accuracy of the emulation of this emulator? Why's important information always left out of this forums/emu instructions? It baffles me. :-s. It's not use in me downloading this if it's only going to play 10% of the games, and 5% of them without sound.

Thank you, peace out.

Sabres
October 3rd, 2007, 22:16
Does this emulator have .wav support? I'm not using those garbage mp3 versions of ISOs. That renders this emulator worthless to purists.

It's ironic that the manual states "if your bios doesn't match up to the crc given above then you have a bad dump, get another one" but then goes on to describe steps of placing .mp3 files. Oh the irony.

.mp3 tracks are BAD audio tracks. Therefore, mp3iso combination make the games bad dumps. Let's see the inclusion of support for SD slot B (no excuse for not supporting it) and .wav support.

What is the actual game compatability/accuracy of the emulation of this emulator? Why's important information always left out of this forums/emu instructions? It baffles me. :-s. It's not use in me downloading this if it's only going to play 10% of the games, and 5% of them without sound.

Thank you, peace out.

-I think the files must be in mp3 format, as that is how the emulator recognizes the music files to play them.

-I've tried about 8 or 9 games using this emulator, and every single one has played perfectly.

- No one is forcing you to use this emu. If you don't like it then don't use it.

ohgodalmighty
October 6th, 2007, 23:53
- No one is forcing you to use this emu. If you don't like it then don't use it.

No one is forcing me to comment whatever I damn well like about it on this forum either.

Promising game compatibility aside, In the current less than satisfactory stage in its development (mp3 only bullshit), I'll indeed definitely pass on using it.

Have a nice time playing with your butchered copies.

Peace out.

Sabres
October 7th, 2007, 03:01
No one is forcing me to comment whatever I damn well like about it on this forum either.

Promising game compatibility aside, In the current less than satisfactory stage in its development (mp3 only bullshit), I'll indeed definitely pass on using it.

Have a nice time playing with your butchered copies.

Peace out.

Awwww, someone's having a temper tantrum on the DCEmu forums. Are you 5 years old? Sounds like someone needs a timeout lol

ohgodalmighty
October 14th, 2007, 19:42
Awwww, someone's having a temper tantrum on the DCEmu forums. Are you 5 years old? Sounds like someone needs a timeout lol

1. "Awwww, someone's having" the typical mixed bag of internet assumptions & giving out a bunch of common net insults. Well, at least it wasn't the # 12 this time.

2. "Sounds like someone" needs to do some research get some new material & switch things around a bit "lol".

3. "Sounds like" :rofl: YOU:rofl: ARE:D the one who's a tad hurt & upset -- at least mildly -- because of the need to resort to:

A) using the world of make-believe to segue..
B) into an insult..
C) to project feeling smug & unhurt with a "lol" at the end....

:thumbup:

D, E, F ,G , H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z...

Just in case you don't know the rest of the alphabet, now you do... er, what's your name again?

godsakes
November 5th, 2007, 00:55
need some help people

I can up to the point where the emulator displays a neogeo cd intro (where the text spins around the CD) - the game(s) then attempt to load (displays a bar) - it then plays the neogeo cd intro again and hangs

any ideas?

i'm using a pal wii with wiikey - loading via SD load + SD gecko/2gb sd card in slot A (4mb GC mem card in slot B).

Sabres
November 6th, 2007, 05:55
need some help people

I can up to the point where the emulator displays a neogeo cd intro (where the text spins around the CD) - the game(s) then attempt to load (displays a bar) - it then plays the neogeo cd intro again and hangs

any ideas?

i'm using a pal wii with wiikey - loading via SD load + SD gecko/2gb sd card in slot A (4mb GC mem card in slot B).

Your game folders should each have come with a text document called "IPL". Also, make sure your game files are completely extracted. Don't just leave them in RAR format.

godsakes
November 6th, 2007, 14:14
yeah there's a IPL.txt file

i've also uncompressed the game files (track01) so there's various files in the game directory (mostly ending with .pcm, .prg, .spr etc)

Sabres
November 6th, 2007, 19:54
yeah there's a IPL.txt file

i've also uncompressed the game files (track01) so there's various files in the game directory (mostly ending with .pcm, .prg, .spr etc)

Do you have the game files on the root of your sd card? Do you also have the BIOS folder on the root of your sd card?

Also, are you pressing "X" at the game list to select your game?

Lastly, are you sure that you have the version of the dol file that is compatible off of SD Cards?

godsakes
November 6th, 2007, 20:57
i assume you mean the game 'folders' (rather than files) on the root of the sd card?

yes to all those

godsakes
November 6th, 2007, 22:41
yesssss.

i managed to get it working - it looks like powerachiever wasn't properly unziping the track01 image - most of the files were only unzipped to 20kb for some reason.

i'm using IZarc recommended by an eariler poster and it seems to work (for M slug anyway)

Sabres
November 7th, 2007, 02:25
yesssss.

i managed to get it working - it looks like powerachiever wasn't properly unziping the track01 image - most of the files were only unzipped to 20kb for some reason.

i'm using IZarc recommended by an eariler poster and it seems to work (for M slug anyway)

Ok. If you have any other problems with the emulator feel free to ask for help.

fkhan
February 7th, 2008, 12:45
Sorry if this has already been asked, does NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 work via DVD-Rs? It does not seem to work, however, 0.1.50 is working off the same disk.

Also, is there something big implemented in 0.1.52 that is not in 0.1.50?

I downloaded 0.1.52 (GC ver) from tehskeen official thread, as for my GC, I use Max Drive Pro.

Thanks in advance

zillion94
April 20th, 2008, 08:41
SOFTDEV Rocks! Thank you 1.52 is awesome! I've had the common "No Bios Available" issue even when configured correctly. It seems to be SD card compatibility - I have found no rhyme or reason as to brand loyalty nor Micro vs full size.
Kingston 2GB MicroSD- some cards work- others don't. I just bought Crucial and Kingston and none worked- is there any surefire option? Preferably 4GB standard SD (not SDHC)?

Tyr
April 20th, 2008, 11:31
I hope we can get a Wiimote update of this emu

ghmlatino
April 21st, 2008, 21:21
i'm gonna test the emulador!

rogerdj
May 6th, 2008, 13:05
work..but..no sound..helppp

psppsp
May 17th, 2008, 05:26
Does this work with .WAV audio too or just MP3? Thanks

rogerdj
May 18th, 2008, 04:14
i try with mp3 and wav.. but work just the sound effect not the music.....

Durandle
May 29th, 2008, 20:49
I hope to see a more Wii-centric version eventually, front SD support/multi game support :) Good work none-the-less

zillion94
June 10th, 2008, 16:37
I am a kid at Christmas awaiting one day to see a version available for the Homebrew Channel. :)

plantkingdom
June 11th, 2008, 23:45
I too am awaiting a neocd redux that can run from the homebrew channel as I do not have Zelda.

slayer080
June 29th, 2008, 04:41
hurry up and release

Starscream
June 29th, 2008, 13:03
Lol!

Sabres
July 4th, 2008, 04:49
Here's an updated version of Softdev's NeoCD Redux 1.52 emulator. The update comes courtesy of Askot on the Tehskeen boards.

This emulator works on the Gamecube, I have no clue if it works on the Wii.

Anyway, here's the updates:
*********************This version lets you stop the dvd motor and it lets you return to the SDLOAD menu!*****************

Just remember that this version is if you are using the method of loading dol files off of your SD Card. It doesn't work using a dvd-r. Also, as mentioned on this site and tehskeen, for some reason the BIOS folder won't be read correctly off of some types of SD Cards. I have yet to encounter this problem so I can't really comment on it.

bluj40
December 31st, 2009, 22:30
ok, pleeeeeeeeeeeease help me with this one, i dont even see neogeo loader in the homebrew(i dont know if i am suppose to)

i have

NeoCD.bin in the bios folder
(SD Card root- \bios\neocd.bin

i have the game folders
xxxxx\(all the files for the game)
xxxxx\mp3\(all the mp3s)

i have the redox.dol in the SD root

now once i start up wii, nothing happens, i go into homebrew, no neogeo loader shows as well.

Did i do something wrong or missing a step?

Jouchan
March 1st, 2010, 04:35
Thanks for uploading this I was waiting for this! :thumbup:

FSHdzn
March 15th, 2012, 21:33
sweeeeet

androbmauro
November 18th, 2012, 16:38
perfeito e obrigado

IvanAlex
March 27th, 2014, 22:34
Thanks