PDA

View Full Version : RE5 Controversy

SnesR0X
August 1st, 2007, 19:48
As some of you already know, a website called Black Looks (http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html)has posted an article about how RE5 has racist content and is being marketed to children and young adults to promote black hate. As the comments show on the page, not many people agree (including myself). Is the anything in the trailer you think should be changed, or is it an insult to even ask? Your thoughts. (The article posted was based off another one posted by Village Voice http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/runninscared/archives/2007/07/zombies_in_afri.php)

This was one of the more amusing comments I found:

New weapon confirmed for RE5: “Fried Chicken”

Details on Capcom’s upcoming game Resident Evil 5 are sparse, but a new weapon has been confirmed. Fried Chicken comes in either cases of 3 or buckets of 10 which are scattered throughout the game, or sometimes dropped by defeated enemies. A piece of Fried Chicken can be thrown like a grenade or dropped. Any enemies in the vicinity (who can see or smell it) will immediately be attracted to it, and converge upon its location, dropping whatever they are doing at the moment.
If there are multiple enemies in the area, they will viciously attack each other.

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 20:05
Oh dear a great game that throws out controversy.

wraggster
August 1st, 2007, 20:09
what pisses me off is that if the zombies were white there would be no racism problem. The sad thing in todays society is that non whites cry racism and racial exploitation for next to nothing but white people dont.

Im my city i was brought up in st anns an area of many different mixes of colours and backgrounds. Sadly those who exploit racism for their own selfish means are the very people who cause racism and exaggerate the problems. The same can be said for people of different sexualities.

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 20:11
Well, it seems weird because this could lead to "racist hate", but, if you think more closely the resident evil 4 contained spanish people, its kinda the same thing, the spanish people would think that this was racism. I dont agree this kind of game promoting "black hate" but first, we have to open our minds and see the truth behind the game, and dont conclude preliminar toughts about racism.

I would hate to see this game blamed by racism because Im a huge resident evil fan but I also hate the racism. Lets give more time to this game and wait to see the results.

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 20:12
Yeah we barely know anything about it as snesROX pointed that out.

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 20:47
Oh god... Now all of the black zombies in the world are going to sue Capcom.

I agree with Wraggster... If a black person says "black power", they supporting their race. If a white person says "white power", they're rasict.

If they think this game is racist, then there should be no action games that take place in Africa.

Quote from Darrel on BlackLooks:

"Also, if white men, hispanics and asians can be zombies, so should black people. Why should black people be so special in that they’re the only race that cannot be zombies?

Also, I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic, but you’re coming off as being racist yourself because you think all zombies should be white."

Enough said...

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 20:52
Whoa this is going to start controversy on DCEMU. We need to wait for more info on the game to confirm this.

Triv1um
August 1st, 2007, 21:09
If fried chicken was to be used like this it would be awesome.

I dont think its racist. White people like chicken too!

SnesR0X
August 1st, 2007, 21:16
Whoa this is going to start controversy on DCEMU. We need to wait for more info on the game to confirm this.

What do you need confirmed? We know enough about the game to realise that if we like it or not, some people are going to make premature racist claims about it, showing they shouldn't talk about something they don't know squat about. It's very possible that this is just one of the locations of many in the game, and that Africa is only the beginning, middle, or whatever part. We also have to think of what Umbrella has to do with this, and what they could profit from infecting innocent people. The other thing that goes against the "This game is racist" argument, is that this is clearly killing in self defense, and even possibly protecting the virus from spreading to other African villages, or anywhere for that matter.

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 21:17
Yeah i mean look at kernal sander's.

Ok gotcha, i just wanted to prevent a fight. No hard feelings right?

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 21:30
I hope you didn't think I was trying to start a fight... Just expressing my opinion on the matter.

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 21:34
Not at all, everyones matters.

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 21:34
If fried chicken was to be used like this it would be awesome.

I dont think its racist. White people like chicken too!

Yeah, I think that fried chicken was a good idea, I also think that the fried chicken could be used to eat in order to gain energy and then heal the wounds for the hero.
(Recover Hp)
offtopic:
Im latin and I like the fried chicken. And what if it is (example): tacos, burgers, sushi, blue ribbon chicken, seafood, pizza, rice, BBQ...

The point is: IS JUST FOOD!:D

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 21:36
I'm latin also but i'm ****ed up. I'm pureto rican and german. Hence why i love fiendflug. But fried chiken healing wounds?

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 21:37
I'm latin also but i'm ****ed up. I'm pureto rican and german. Hence why i love fiendflug. But fried chiken healing wounds?

I meant to say:Recover HP.

Triv1um
August 1st, 2007, 21:43

Vampri-n?

anyway, not racist!

Mr. Shadow
August 1st, 2007, 21:46
Vampri-n?

anyway, not racist!

No unlike that asswhole i don't spam.:thumbup: I'm puerto rican ok does that make me Vampbri-n?:mad: Thats racism right there. Joking.:rofl:

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 21:48
But fried chiken healing wounds?

Don't you know that fried chicken grease has antibiotic properties?!?!?!

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 21:50
Don't you know that fried chicken grease has antibiotic properties?!?!?!

1-The joke is over.
2-The grease can cause infections in the blood.
3-It would infect the wound.
4-Can you read?, I meant to say: Recover HP.
5-Keep on going boy :).
6-Lol Chicken healing wounds...

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 22:07
1-NEVER!!!
2-Yes, but fried chicken infections might have their own use in the game...
3-Same as above
4-I saw that, was only making a joke
5-Where am I going?

Anyway... Anyone that sees that many zombies comming towards them with pitchforks and sythes(black or not) and doesn't shoot, has something seriously wrong with them.

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 22:12
Yes, but fried chicken infections might have their own use in the game...

Lmao, lets hope they dont put some wine on there, because the hero can become drunk and have a new use in the game.

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 22:14
Fighting zombies in a drunken stooper sounds freaking awesome!!!

mexicansnake
August 1st, 2007, 22:17
Fighting zombies in a drunken stooper sounds freaking awesome!!!

What would happen if you throw wine to the zombies?
drunken zombies FTW!!!!!

SnesR0X
August 2nd, 2007, 07:52
I hoped this would stay a little more serious, I agree the Fried Chicken thing is funny, but let's not make a side-note the main topic.