PDA

View Full Version : Becus25 Quitting PSP Scene ?

wraggster
August 1st, 2007, 23:31
Becus25 (http://becus25.blogspot.com/2007/08/adios-scene-bye-scene.html) coder of Custom Firmwares has announced that he is quitting the PSP scene, heres the message:

Definitively I am not in a good moment. They have been several things that have happened these days which I want neither to remember nor to mention anything. I leave the scene.
The code of the IE will not be thrown for personal reasons.
I sit it.

A greeting.

Anyone with more details please post via comments

xg917
August 1st, 2007, 23:51
M33 told him off?

ICE
August 2nd, 2007, 00:00
dont know him. what did he make? cfw?

Joe88
August 2nd, 2007, 00:11
who?

JKKDARK
August 2nd, 2007, 00:12

http://becus25.iespana.es/

zevende
August 2nd, 2007, 00:12
Hardly. He just stole M33's CFW and put a new recovery menu in, even though M33 requested people not do this.

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2007, 00:27
who???????? sorry havent heard you before =( or your cf? hehe i stick to m33 its safest

masamune
August 2nd, 2007, 00:45
hmm...?

DarthPaul
August 2nd, 2007, 01:02
Hardly. He just stole M33's CFW and put a new recovery menu in, even though M33 requested people not do this.

He made his own Custom Firmware. It's called IE...

ALTIMITHacker
August 2nd, 2007, 01:35
This sucks. I personally blame M33 for the flaming on him. We need all the CFW coders we can get, this is truly a bad event. May not be as bad as D_A leaving, but this is the runner up. IE wasnt half bad really. I hope M33 is happy with themselves....

mavsman4457
August 2nd, 2007, 01:36
Regardless of whether people didn't like his programs or not this is still a potential hit to the scene. I hope he was leaving because M33 pushed him out and not because Sony pushed him out.

hatebreeder
August 2nd, 2007, 01:39
God. I give credit to M33 for reverse engineering dax's custom firmware and continuing what he did, but flaming someone for doing the EXACT SAME THING seems hippocritical. Basically, M33 seems slightly childish, and this does not give off a good impression of them.

/rant over.

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2007, 01:45
yes! this guys was pretty pointless. his oe and m33 mods were pointless and his own firmwares sucked and caused bricks. im glad hes gone.

Ihavenolife
August 2nd, 2007, 02:06
I would suggest everyone be careful what they say. Last time I got in "one of these" threads I was punished for protecting the coder. It appeared there is some rule about not being mean or something on the boards which I broke by defending the coder's decision to leave to search for his brother.

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2007, 02:14
I would suggest everyone be careful what they say. Last time I got in "one of these" threads I was punished for protecting the coder. It appeared there is some rule about not being mean or something on the boards which I broke by defending the coder's decision to leave to search for his brother.

that would be the zion vs xandu thread. and that was intense. but pretty much no one liked this dude. he caused tons of noobs to get bricks, and i never used any of his stuff

Ihavenolife
August 2nd, 2007, 02:19
Yeah, I can't personally say whether or not his work was good but most have said it either caused bricks or was mostly copied.

Is there somewhere I can see infractions? I made the error of merely talking in that thread and got attacked. Is there some sort of protocol I could view?

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2007, 02:24
Yeah, I can't personally say whether or not his work was good but most have said it either caused bricks or was mostly copied.

Is there somewhere I can see infractions? I made the error of merely talking in that thread and got attacked. Is there some sort of protocol I could view?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=82&a=4
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=82&a=7

shedeus
August 2nd, 2007, 02:26
IE? isnt that the firmware that had 2+ recovery folders or something?

i never understood the point of that

jamotto
August 2nd, 2007, 02:30
One less coder in the PSP scene is never a good thing.

psp411
August 2nd, 2007, 02:47
even though ive never used any of his cfs, i say, thanks and i wish him good luck in whatever he persues next.

Psyberjock
August 2nd, 2007, 03:55
Well. I agree that it's too bad to lose a coder. There's not enough of them. I'm trying to get into it, but I don't make the most interesting programs myself, and so far I haven't done anything with the system itself.

Too bad he didn't put his time into a game or application. It's true that I never downloaded his firmwares because they were of older versions and seemed to offer little or no use to me.

Maybe he'll do what DarkAlex did and "leave the scene," change his name, and come back and make even better stuff.

In the mean time, I'll drink to your fond farewell Becus! (I'll drink to anything)

fpcreator2000
August 2nd, 2007, 04:09
One word, four letters:

SONY.

Three word, eight letters, two letters, and three letters:

Threaten to sue.

This is just a guess, but I guess the threat is so intimidating that if he spills info, they will pursue.

NOTE: THIS IS JUST A THEORY, NOT ACTUAL FACT. JUST A PERSON MAKING A HYPOTHESIS.

Gene
August 2nd, 2007, 04:11
Well. I agree that it's too bad to lose a coder. There's not enough of them. I'm trying to get into it, but I don't make the most interesting programs myself, and so far I haven't done anything with the system itself.

Too bad he didn't put his time into a game or application. It's true that I never downloaded his firmwares because they were of older versions and seemed to offer little or no use to me.

Maybe he'll do what DarkAlex did and "leave the scene," change his name, and come back and make even better stuff.

In the mean time, I'll drink to your fond farewell Becus! (I'll drink to anything)

I'm in. Cheers to you becus. Live long, and live well.

Chameleon
August 2nd, 2007, 04:17
yeah, thanks becus25, I hope you dont quit though ... just persue different endeavors within the psp scene.

Gizmo356
August 2nd, 2007, 04:20
Well easy come easy go I guess.

mike_jmg
August 2nd, 2007, 04:26
Yeah! it's true is always bad to lose a coder, even if is Becus25.

Now who am I suposed to make fun of?:p
LOL (just kidding)

shinysuitman
August 2nd, 2007, 11:03
it is truely a scary time in the world of psp renegades, finding the new and exciting programs on the horizon, only to have them be the rocky shores of the sirens. Its unfortunate what is happening to the scene... it seems to be one more becoming of malicious hackers than a community of renegade psp enthusiasts. i hope that from some new, undiscovered "island", a new treasure awaits us, but if i were investing in this community, i would be cautious of putting any more investment into it, which in turn will lead to others doing the same.

everything ends as they say... i guess this scene would have to at some point too, right?

ish420ism
August 2nd, 2007, 11:17
I don't know when flaming between m33 and becus25took place, but it sounds weak for m33 to flame on this guy for modding the CFW, that m33 backward engineered from DAX. Watch out, Cold WAR part DEUX, jajaja

cal360
August 2nd, 2007, 11:27
It's a shame quite a few people have used his custom firmware but now because of some reason another great coder has left the scene :(

-Xandu-
August 2nd, 2007, 11:33
I bet he was flamed at QJ.

ALTIMITHacker
August 2nd, 2007, 11:43
I bet he was flamed at QJ.

He was a ton, I wasted a good 10 minutes of my life sticking up for him, but QJ posters are just impossible to get through to. Their minds have only a few features, with many bugs. Its only over here that you get the nice upgraded minds, lol.;)

sourced
August 2nd, 2007, 12:17
he should get his english straight before he tries CFW. and i agree with most people here. i hate Becus25. he caused like 999923423873765263 bricks. lol

ish420ism
August 2nd, 2007, 12:36
It's not his fault ppl bricked. All flashers come with warnings. If you can't handle the risk, don't try it

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 2nd, 2007, 12:43
I knew this was gonna happen....lol :)

Chameleon
August 2nd, 2007, 12:45
People used his add ons as a show of good faith,
his recoveries were unstable and bricked many psps

If it wasnt for the instability none of it would of happened!!!!

HumanIce
August 2nd, 2007, 14:17
well.. I'm kinda fine with that.
becus25 only made 1.50 custom firmwares.. I'm not sure anyone used it.. but everyone use dark_alex's 3.40 OE or the new m33 firmwares..

Sony haters are anoying
I agree

Sharpy
August 2nd, 2007, 15:32
I heard he took custom firmwares that were already released and just renamed them, is that true?

Chameleon
August 2nd, 2007, 15:38
He took peoples custom firmwares and added a recovery menu, and nothing new to which had'nt already been implemented, and renamed the firmware.

devdj
August 2nd, 2007, 18:42
ha ha it's about time becus25 quits cause his CF's are crap leave the true CF's to the pros so bye bye

Squidman
August 2nd, 2007, 20:36
now we're down 2 impressive coders...yes impressive, for all of you about to down-trod on my statement just think of it this way:
he was able to make a program that can launch on the PSP and make a second recovery menu that was compatible with the latest cfw's that everyone was using...unstable? yes...useful? of course.

BurningRage
August 2nd, 2007, 20:52
ha ha it's about time becus25 quits cause his CF's are crap leave the true CF's to the pros so bye bye

oh i just love such people who can just complain. can you do better? though i haven't used his cfs and don't know how good/bad they are/were i guess you can't, so drop your arrogant attitude.
cheers, becus25, good luck in the future

Codaz
August 2nd, 2007, 21:29
Hmm the work that he provided wasn't wrong. The IE firmwares were GOOD. If Dax didn't exist people would LOVE Becus25 i'm sure of that.

Of course his coding skills weren't that good just like DAX and others but hey they were sufficient.

I hate those who flamed Becus25 out of the scene. There are many crybabies who say hahaha his work is crap i can do much better, do it then, build it @$&%#$@$@% !

And to M33: shame on you for flaming Becus25. You copied Dax his work and now you don't let people copy your work, that's sick.

Thanks Becus25, wish you well on your coding work in the future.

Test30
August 2nd, 2007, 23:31
thanks by all becus25:(

luck

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 02:51
I don't think anyone should be flaming becus25, unless whoever is doing the flaming can actually code a Custom Firmware and Recovery to judge him by!

sourced
August 3rd, 2007, 04:05
Becus25 needs more time to work on his skills. he's CFW's defenitely sucked, but the fact remains that he was able to do something. so. you never know, maybe in the future he'll be back with something better.

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 04:08
Becus25 needs more time to work on his skills. he's CFW's defenitely sucked, but the fact remains that he was able to do something. so. you never know, maybe in the future he'll be back with something better.

He possibly will be back, but if/when he does he will have learned from previous mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and sadly he made mistakes with his custom firmware.

deosvx
August 3rd, 2007, 04:50
This all seems very childish to me but it doesnt suprise me that all these coders rather fight each other cos they think their dicks bigger.. rather than band together as a team and create SOLID releases. Me personally, with all the bickering and shit, I dunno who to trust and therefore will not be putting anymore custom firmware on my psp until this WAR is stamped out and a victor is named that undoubtably produces quality shit for the scene. THings would happen SOOOO much faster if coders would band together, at least for now, and solid, trusted releases are made.

cloud_952
August 3rd, 2007, 06:40
o_o Why do people make these sob threads anyway? Okay.. so.. regardless of if the guy was talented or a washed-up hack, he still doesn't need to go around posting this, and then have everyone throwing in their needless opinions. Seriously.. just screw it. If you're leaving, leave, and go on with your life. I'm tired of people's ">_> I'm GOING!!! And don't DARE try and stop me!!!!! You'll MISS ME!!!" messages.

kiore
August 3rd, 2007, 10:31
whoo hoo

sourced
August 7th, 2007, 14:01
He possibly will be back, but if/when he does he will have learned from previous mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and sadly he made mistakes with his custom firmware.

true. im hoping he will be back with something better though. we need all the coders we can get

Skyline9363
August 7th, 2007, 14:41
Like what Vampdude said you can't be flaming Becus52 unless you yourself can create a better CFW

acn010
August 7th, 2007, 23:07
well... oh well atleast something happened