PDA

View Full Version : GBA Carts Save Failure on NDS

darqfyre
June 21st, 2005, 12:02
Heyas,

I've been brought here by an acquantaince when I was asking about the problem that I'm facing as stated in the subject. I've recently bought a few GBA carts to play on my NDS while waiting out the recent drought of NDS games.

I have a few GBA carts but only 3 have this particular problem. Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion and Advance Wars 2 (pirated, so I will leave this out). I'm assuming that Golden Sun and Metroid Fusion are original products because I bought them in a reputable Hypermart. The problem Golden Sun has is that it will give me a "Save Fail" message whenever I try to save. I have tried that in all the 3 save slots and still the same thing, however, if I do it a few times, then it will show a save state but with the remark "Save File Corrupted". On the other hand, Metroid Fusion does not give me a "Save Fail" but rather it acts as though it is saved perfectly fine except that when I turn the NDS off or restart it, the save file isn't there.

The reason I posted this is because I want to at least understand why this is happening and how to prevent it from happening in the future when I'm purchasing my games and if possible rectify my situation.

Thanks for the time.