PDA

View Full Version : Liquid between touchscreen and lcd in DS

pummisher
August 2nd, 2007, 08:56
I did something really stupid. I was cleaning my Nintendo DS screens with isopropyl alcohol and got some of it under the touch screen. It's not evaporating. It still works but the touch screen is unresponsive except for the warning screen where touching it anywhere works.

Anyway, is there a way to get a little space between the touch screen and lcd without actually opening the DS?

Thanks in advance.

VampDude
August 2nd, 2007, 19:18
I did something really stupid. I was cleaning my Nintendo DS screens with isopropyl alcohol and got some of it under the touch screen. It's not evaporating. It still works but the touch screen is unresponsive except for the warning screen where touching it anywhere works.

Anyway, is there a way to get a little space between the touch screen and lcd without actually opening the DS?

Thanks in advance.

No, you have to open the DS.

Triv1um
August 5th, 2007, 11:34
Try some compressed air.

Try and stray it though the gaps where the water got in. Also spay it in all the joins and stuff...

I doubt it will work, but if you don't want to take your machine apart its worth a try.

_Vendeta_
August 27th, 2007, 06:38
that might just move it to the the chip or somthing i dont know if its safe using compressed air its just gonna move it to the motherboard or somthing and u got a bigger problem

sourced
September 2nd, 2007, 14:14
just carefully open the ds. and drain it.

franz029
May 17th, 2009, 14:38
I had the same problem too! Is there anyway to remove the water inside without taking apart my DS because i don't have a screwdriver for Nintendo Products.PLEASE I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO REPLY ME! T_T