PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my GPS

harryohh
August 2nd, 2007, 09:53
Hello,i just got my psp-290 in the post but I can't get any signal at all.It's so bad that no sattellites are even showing up in gps info.

I'm using the 3.52 kernel and have the files in the GAME150 folder.I've seen that for the gps-290 to work it has to be in the game352 folder but it mapthis doesn't load when I do.
I'm using 0.499 but it shows up as 0.497
I'm using 3.52 M33-2 and have the prxs in the right place.

What is happening.

Any help would be very welcome.

nikkinguyen
August 2nd, 2007, 15:11
Hello,i just got my psp-290 in the post but I can't get any signal at all.It's so bad that no sattellites are even showing up in gps info.

I'm using the 3.52 kernel and have the files in the GAME150 folder.I've seen that for the gps-290 to work it has to be in the game352 folder but it mapthis doesn't load when I do.
I'm using 0.499 but it shows up as 0.497
I'm using 3.52 M33-2 and have the prxs in the right place.

What is happening.

Any help would be very welcome.

My setup is just like your, but I put mine in the GAME352. Have you tried that? It works for me. Took about 5 minutes to get a satelite.

harryohh
August 2nd, 2007, 15:17
When you say "get a satellite" do you mean see one or get a fix too it?

I put it in GAME352 with the 3.52 prxs(i've also tried other prxs" and I see satellites but it takes a lot of time to get a fix and even then it goes off a lot and is very unstable.

Does anyone have the psp-290 working well for them and if you do what firmware are you using and what prxs?

AlexRoxUrSox
August 2nd, 2007, 16:10
"Arrogant" he calls me.
You have to love helping these .....rds...
have fun mate.

harryohh
August 2nd, 2007, 19:22
^^^^^
He is but he backs it up.Good work

nikkinguyen
August 3rd, 2007, 04:02
When you say "get a satellite" do you mean see one or get a fix too it?

I put it in GAME352 with the 3.52 prxs(i've also tried other prxs" and I see satellites but it takes a lot of time to get a fix and even then it goes off a lot and is very unstable.

Does anyone have the psp-290 working well for them and if you do what firmware are you using and what prxs?

I mean get a positive latitude and longitude. minutes after I turn mine on, it get between 2 to 3 satellite. It take roughly ten minutes to get over 7 which I then can see my lat and long. If you want, I can post my files (but I believe that others in this forum has similar stuff (at least that is where I get my prx).

deniska
August 3rd, 2007, 05:48
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65484

AlexRoxUrSox
August 3rd, 2007, 09:58
I still think your a ****ing whiner Harryohhh!
llol...

harryohh
August 3rd, 2007, 12:03
Thanks for all your help.my problem is solved(with some help from Alex above).Well now I know that this receiver is just not very good.