PDA

View Full Version : I finally got broadband!

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 12:23
some of you may know of my plight, but it is over! £20 a month unlimited oange wireless broadband with a free laptop thrown in for good measure (just the kind of deal we were waiting for!) we are picking it up tomorrow. anyway no more shitty dial up for me!

Sonicboy 101
August 2nd, 2007, 13:23
Lol nice one, you're getting the same broadband as me! :)

VampDude
August 2nd, 2007, 13:31
And now you are going to be hooked on the internet, I didn't like the internet much when I had dialup (too slow) but the last few years that I've had broadband I've been online non-stop (well when I'm at home)

Sonicboy 101
August 2nd, 2007, 13:36
I used to have dial up, much too slow, and crappy.
Then broadband came along, I went on my internet all day!

steve520
August 2nd, 2007, 13:46
You should definantly get a router or something for your handhelds get all your systems hooked up on the internet but if you get a router get a Linksys one of the best thats what I use and its easy to hook up.

Gizmo356
August 2nd, 2007, 13:53
-begins to slowly clap-

Mr. Shadow
August 2nd, 2007, 14:00
-Slowly follows-

VampDude
August 2nd, 2007, 14:07
I used to have dial up, much too slow, and crappy.
Then broadband came along, I went on my internet all day!

When I first got my broadband I never slept, I was catching up on all the stuff I wanted to do but couldn't do with dialup :D

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 15:30
lol i'm on holiday so no worries there. sadly the 360 is still away for repairs so i can't get live.

i'm watching 20 minute mario 64 now since i couldn't before!

JKKDARK
August 2nd, 2007, 16:21
I always knew you had dialup, I said it many times

ICE
August 2nd, 2007, 16:25
I always knew you had dialup, I said it many times

yeah thats right jkk called it. good job jkk we're all proud.

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 16:29
i did advertise the fact widely...

Accordion
August 2nd, 2007, 17:22
should of got SKY...

unless the laptop is worth it
and if you didn't have SKY to begin with.

anyway, welcome to broadband. you have about a month before you get used to the speed and start thinking it is slow again.

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 17:37
lol, i was on dial up so long i don't think speed is an issue.....and we would have gotten sky broadband a year ago but it still isn't in our area(we got sky already)

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2007, 17:51
about time. dial up sucks balls

SSaxdude
August 2nd, 2007, 17:54
And now you are going to be hooked on the internet, I didn't like the internet much when I had dialup (too slow) but the last few years that I've had broadband I've been online non-stop (well when I'm at home)

I couldn't agree more. I hardly used the internet when I had 56k, now that I have DSL I'm a whore to the internet.

Gold Line
August 2nd, 2007, 18:06
I have sky, i know i rule. :D
But now you have BB we'r gona see more of gdf! yay! :D

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 18:09
yeah, i'll be able to visit this shithole every day!

VampDude
August 2nd, 2007, 19:16
yeah, i'll be able to visit this shithole every day!

Not if the site goes down again! lmao :rofl:

gdf
August 2nd, 2007, 19:42
lol i thought that was my shitty dial up powers for a while before i spoke to triv.

VampDude
August 2nd, 2007, 20:04
lol i thought that was my shitty dial up powers for a while before i spoke to triv.

lol, at first I thought it was my browsers but was confused at why every other site worked but not thisone :D

JPJunkie
August 3rd, 2007, 17:19
I have used the internet alot more since I have got broadband:thumbup:

DarthPaul
August 3rd, 2007, 18:58
lol i'm on holiday so no worries there. sadly the 360 is still away for repairs so i can't get live.

Damn you! My holidays end next week..:(
Good to see more broadband users,dial-up sucks. And really, get a router,it's one of the best inversions I've ever done. Hmm.. well sometimes I hate it,because my mom connects to her laptop,my brother to his Wii,my other brother to his PSP,and me with the PC and sometimes with the PSP... sometimes all connected at the same time.. Darn,I'd think about making it WEP..but I don't pay the bills after all. :rolleyes:

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 21:43
Damn you! My holidays end next week..:(
Good to see more broadband users,dial-up sucks. And really, get a router,it's one of the best inversions I've ever done. Hmm.. well sometimes I hate it,because my mom connects to her laptop,my brother to his Wii,my other brother to his PSP,and me with the PC and sometimes with the PSP... sometimes all connected at the same time.. Darn,I'd think about making it WEP..but I don't pay the bills after all. :rolleyes:

I have loads connected to my broadband wirelessly, 2 x PC's a Wii 2 x PSP's and occasionally my PS2 (thou I don't like disconnecting the adapter from my PC) :p

gdf
August 3rd, 2007, 21:56
we got a router. a wireless, with wep. you HAVE to use wep with this router, which is a good thing.

Accordion
August 3rd, 2007, 21:57
we got a router. a wireless, with wep. you HAVE to use wep with this router, which is a good thing.

WPA is a good thing.

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 22:07

WEP is good, I change my WEP security every month cause I can see the router of the guy across the road from my on my PC and I fear him seeing and hacking into my network - as petty as that sounds, I don't even know the guy! (he could be a serial killer or something) lol

gdf
August 3rd, 2007, 22:12
we have 3 other networks near us and 1 has no security. ayway the wep code is on the bottom of our box.

my psp won't let me go online becuse it thinks the security is wpa, so i try to say it's wep but the psp wo't let me. then i enter it as wpa, but the box won't let me. pissing me off no end!

VampDude
August 3rd, 2007, 22:37
we have 3 ėther networks near us and 1 has no security. ayway the wep code is on the bottom of our box.

my psp won't let me go online becuse it thinks the security is wpa, so i try to say it's wep but the psp wo't let me. then i enter it as wpa, but the box won't let me. pissing me off no end!

With your PSP:

Scroll down to Network Settings

Click Infrastructure Mode

Then [New Connection]

On WLAN Settings:

Click Enter Manually

Type in SSID type what you want your setting to be called (I named mine Broadband)

Now on WLAN Security Settings click WEP (which os the 2nd one down)

Now when thats done you will have to enter your WEP key

Now thats done click Easy on Address Settings

Confirm the connection name (the one typed on the SSID section)

Scroll right on the Setting List menu

Now click X or O (whatever your PSP's main button is) to save the settings

Hope this will help! :)

Accordion
August 4th, 2007, 17:50
we have 3 other networks near us and 1 has no security. ayway the wep code is on the bottom of our box.

you should be able to change it.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/f/getrouteripaddr.htm

try some IP numbers and there is usually a setup page.
i am assuming the provider hides this from any documentation to stop any confusion from the general public.

there is also a username and password required, probably
username:admin
password:password or you ISP name or admin

gu3
August 6th, 2007, 10:18
hmm when i had dialup it was too slow, i got broadband and i was like WOW fast. and now i think my broadband is slow ...... :(

VampDude
August 6th, 2007, 14:56
hmm when i had dialup it was too slow, i got broadband and i was like WOW fast. and now i think my broadband is slow ...... :(

Your broadband probably is slow, it all depends on what your running/watching/downloading aswell as browsing.