PDA

View Full Version : Mapthis0499 + 3.52 M33-2 CFW

verna142
August 2nd, 2007, 16:45
:( Hi all,, i have downloaded Mapthis0499 and i have followed the tutorial but i couldn't get it to work. I'm on 3.52 M33-2 CFW and have dumped all the content from Mapthis into my GAME folder but when I power up to my GAME folder it showed "Corrupted Data".

Can some1 please help me? :(

AlexRoxUrSox
August 2nd, 2007, 16:55
What do you mean "and have DUMPED all the content from MapThis!"

Airwave
August 2nd, 2007, 20:54
Hi all,now i have some questions too.

i have a PSP with 3.52 M33 CFW but how and wich prx can i use to get map this running?What can i do to run that in this FW?

please help me guys ;)i get my pspgps soon.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english.

lsneakyl
August 2nd, 2007, 23:22
This was my setup when I used the psp-290 (now using holux m1000)

Version: .499
Kernel: 3.52
Firmware: 3.52 M33-2
Folder to put Mapthis in: Game352
Prx Files: unkown but it did work for me and I uploaded the files here -> hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/46616790/MapThisPRXFiles.rar.html (replace xx with tt)

Hope this helps. Cheers

nikkinguyen
August 3rd, 2007, 00:36
Hey, there. I too am running 351M33-2, but I put mine in the GAME352 dir. It work great for me. Also, I have been using the prx files from the old 3.40oe. Still works...thanks goodness.

verna142
August 3rd, 2007, 10:02
Hey, there. I too am running 351M33-2, but I put mine in the GAME352 dir. It work great for me. Also, I have been using the prx files from the old 3.40oe. Still works...thanks goodness.

Hi bro, how did you manage to get it to work?

I'm stuck. :confused:

This is what i have done:

1. Copied the mapViewer and mapViewer% folders from the mapViewer_v03 folder to GAME352 on your memory stick and make sure your kernel is set to 3.52.

2. Copy the NOGPS EBOOT file into mapViewer% folder.

Power up PSP but saw "corrupted data" when accessing the memory stick.

Did i miss out something? :confused:

wildgoose
August 3rd, 2007, 12:51
I just extracted mapthis_499 to /PSP/GAME352/mapViewer, copied the prx's to the same folder, and also the EBOOT for the official receiver and the system folder. I can get into the map selection screen without problems. Will test map loading and navigation later.

PDG
August 3rd, 2007, 17:04
Hi bro, how did you manage to get it to work?

I'm stuck. :confused:

This is what i have done:

1. Copied the mapViewer and mapViewer% folders from the mapViewer_v03 folder to GAME352 on your memory stick and make sure your kernel is set to 3.52.

2. Copy the NOGPS EBOOT file into mapViewer% folder.

Power up PSP but saw "corrupted data" when accessing the memory stick.

Did i miss out something? :confused:

Dont use the folder that ends on %
;)

PDG
August 3rd, 2007, 17:06
:( Hi all,, i have downloaded Mapthis0499 and i have followed the tutorial but i couldn't get it to work. I'm on 3.52 M33-2 CFW and have dumped all the content from Mapthis into my GAME folder but when I power up to my GAME folder it showed "Corrupted Data".

Can some1 please help me? :(

Im running Custom Fw 3.52 M33-2 and a PSP-290 GPS and it works fine for me..

I wrote "or an writing" a guide on a Swedish forum, so if you can live with the swedish guide and klick on the Flashguides for a while and get the general idea ill have the guides translated in "Close Captioning" for non Swedes ;)

Follow this link: http://forum.psxcare.com/support/showpost.php?p=163430&postcount=1

As soon as im finished with the guide in Swedish ill translate it into english ;)

verna142
August 3rd, 2007, 17:34
Im running Custom Fw 3.52 M33-2 and a PSP-290 GPS and it works fine for me..

I wrote "or an writing" a guide on a Swedish forum, so if you can live with the swedish guide and klick on the Flashguides for a while and get the general idea ill have the guides translated in "Close Captioning" for non Swedes ;)

Follow this link: http://forum.psxcare.com/support/showpost.php?p=163430&postcount=1

As soon as im finished with the guide in Swedish ill translate it into english ;)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Though i dun know Swedish but somehow i managed to figure out what i was missing after viewing your flashguides, i realise i'm missing the 2 .prx files.

would you be able to post yours to me? thanks. :)

Bullchicken
August 9th, 2007, 00:39
I`m having no end of problems with mine, it will lock up my psp about 5-10 seconds after running mapthis or the green tester program.

I`m running 3.52 M33-2, have a PSP-290, have the kernel set to 3.52, have mapthis and the gps tester in the GAME352 folder have tried multiple prx's (most recently from this thread).

I`m in New Zealand, so if it works in Sydney it should work here.

Anyone have any ideas? Want more info?

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 02:03
more info is always nice...since my magic 8 ball in the repairs right now...
Do you get any satellites on gps info screen?
Tried switching to 222-111mhz?
Read FAQs? Carefully? ;-)

Bullchicken
August 9th, 2007, 02:19
I`ll just try changing the speed now, haven't gotten any sats, its locked up before then

Bullchicken
August 9th, 2007, 02:47
I tried it with the speed slower and it did the same thing.
I just now tried it with my own extracted prx`s from 3.03 and it did the same thing again

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 03:54
is the clock runnig on gps info screen?
If so, try finding an open spot and tty to aquire the satellite there while standing still.
Set initLocation to 1.
The first lock may take awhile...

Bullchicken
August 9th, 2007, 04:57
After a few seconds the clock freezes

PDG
August 9th, 2007, 09:29
After a few seconds the clock freezes

Try setting your PSP to 1.50 Kernel, follow my guides i added to my signature, and if youre running 3.52 M33 dont use 3.03 .PRX files ;)

PDG
August 9th, 2007, 09:30
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Though i dun know Swedish but somehow i managed to figure out what i was missing after viewing your flashguides, i realise i'm missing the 2 .prx files.

would you be able to post yours to me? thanks. :)

I spent some time translating them all unto English ;)
Check out my signature and you can see all steps you need to take before getting it all to work properly :)

Just give me a hollar if it works and if it does not ;)

Bullchicken
August 10th, 2007, 07:46
I had already looked at your guide and tried with the two files from flash0. Unfortunatley it did the same thing (psp locks, then resets).
BTW, your guides are quite good, congrats on them

Ranmax09
August 10th, 2007, 09:12
My PSP use to freeze in mapThis! all I did was disable all my plugins. You should try that.

PDG
August 10th, 2007, 14:20
I had already looked at your guide and tried with the two files from flash0. Unfortunatley it did the same thing (psp locks, then resets).
BTW, your guides are quite good, congrats on them

Try disabling plugins if you have some and if you have any pointers or tips for my guides please PM me :)
I know i tend to get more dyslectic when im tired :p

Bullchicken
August 10th, 2007, 22:14
Brilliant! Turning off the plugins worked perfectly!
Thanks for than Ranmax and PDG :)
Maybe we should put that into a faq about it.
BTW in Christchurch, New Zealand, it picked up about 5-6 sats in a couple of mins and the map was accurate

Ranmax09
August 11th, 2007, 09:04
Glad to help :D

PDG
August 13th, 2007, 09:41
Brilliant! Turning off the plugins worked perfectly!
Thanks for than Ranmax and PDG :)
Maybe we should put that into a faq about it.
BTW in Christchurch, New Zealand, it picked up about 5-6 sats in a couple of mins and the map was accurate

Goodie goodie :)
Glad it worked, i donīt have any special plugins on my PSP im glad just having it running as smooth as possible to save memory :thumbup:

But sometimes plugins may cause problems.

Ill try adding a "Hint" to my last guide today about turning off or dis<abling plugins if nothing works *Lol*

Cheers.

Ninja_NZ
August 13th, 2007, 10:02
I'm in Christchurch too! :thumbup:

E.k
August 13th, 2007, 17:07
Im in Australia, running 3.52 M33 & MapThis.

The program works fine, I've made a map, it works, but I cant fix onto any sattellites, & after like 30 mins I can only find 2 with SNR: about 30 & 26.

Im about to leave it all night & check in the morning.

Any ideas?

I read that using KeyCleaner can help, but can also brick the PSP... I ran it with caution, it said all my keys were fine, except one was "status unknown", so I exited without changing anything...

There has to be a way around this.

PDG
August 13th, 2007, 17:39
Im in Australia, running 3.52 M33 & MapThis.

The program works fine, I've made a map, it works, but I cant fix onto any sattellites, & after like 30 mins I can only find 2 with SNR: about 30 & 26.

Im about to leave it all night & check in the morning.

Any ideas?

I read that using KeyCleaner can help, but can also brick the PSP... I ran it with caution, it said all my keys were fine, except one was "status unknown", so I exited without changing anything...

There has to be a way around this.

Try disabling plugins and step outside the car when hunting for satelites ;)
Run the PSP in 1.50 Kernel too :)

gpsarabs
August 2nd, 2008, 22:43
your not suppose to do that you idiot

fischauge
August 3rd, 2008, 02:01
lol, this thread is nearly one year old...

andreq
August 3rd, 2008, 13:23
He took the time to register just to say that :rofl: