PDA

View Full Version : GTAIV delayed until 2008's second quarter

Darksaviour69
August 2nd, 2007, 23:49
Taken straight from the press release:

Launch of Grand Theft Auto IV Now Planned for Fiscal 2008

Take-Two Interactive Software today announced revised revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2007.

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008. Additionally, Take-Two is updating third quarter and fiscal year 2007 guidance to reflect the movement of Manhunt 2 for the PS2, PSP, and the Wii out of the third quarter and the fiscal year.

Things are not looking so good for Rockstar/Take-Two....

**1_Man_Matrix**
August 3rd, 2007, 00:02
Let me be the first to say... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

englishrick
August 3rd, 2007, 00:05
Well they can go suck my cohunas!!!!!!!!

Triv1um
August 3rd, 2007, 00:44
Well that is shit.

F9zDark
August 3rd, 2007, 02:19
Blame the Xbox360. From what some reliable folks over at the Official PS Boards has said, Rockstar has had to make some cuts to the game so it can fit on a DVD.

Whether its true or not, I don't know. But had Rockstar only have to develop for the PS3, we'd have GTAIV already...

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2007, 02:36
no offence F9zDark, but that sounds like fanboy rubbish, so far there has been no evidence that DVDs are not big enough to hold next gen games. There are been a few false rumors (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08/01/rumors-of-pgr-4-being-limited-by-dvd-are-false/) that DVDs are holding back games for the 360, and I'm guessing that's were the GTA rumour stems from. I was talking to a guy that working on the new sega rally game and hes seems to think that DVDs are not a problem.

Maybe be in a few years we will see problems with the DVD, but not yet ;)

mike03$$$
August 3rd, 2007, 06:41
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well my next ps3 game will just have to be smackdown vs raw 2008

Triv1um
August 3rd, 2007, 09:09
no offence F9zDark, but that sounds like fanboy rubbish, so far there has been no evidence that DVDs are not big enough to hold next gen games. There are been a few false rumors (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08/01/rumors-of-pgr-4-being-limited-by-dvd-are-false/) that DVDs are holding back games for the 360, and I'm guessing that's were the GTA rumour stems from. I was talking to a guy that working on the new sega rally game and hes seems to think that DVDs are not a problem.

The new project gothem won't fit on a DVD, they have had to make cuts to fit it. Like they had to take out the weather.

ricki_b
August 3rd, 2007, 11:55
Yeh theres already been reports of size limits, I dont know if thats the case here but lets face it its gonna be a huge problem in the future. Is the PS3 gonna be held back? or the xbox left behind....

Sektor
August 3rd, 2007, 12:20
The PS3 version was behind schedule according to planetgta.com but they were expecting a 2 week delay, not several months. Even if one version was further along than another, they will both benefit from the extra time, there's always more than can be added/fixed in complex games.

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2007, 12:24
The new project gothem won't fit on a DVD, they have had to make cuts to fit it. Like they had to take out the weather.

lol Triv1um, did you not read the link to "false rumours (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08/01/rumors-of-pgr-4-being-limited-by-dvd-are-false/)" ?

just to directly quote from bizarre creations

DVD size is absolutely not a factor that we consider when designing our games... and PGR4 is no exception. DVD9 gives us more than we need to create a fabulous experience for you guys......We've never had to cut content to fit on the disc, and we probably never will.

DPyro
August 3rd, 2007, 15:36

Theres a huge difference between making a racing game, and a game with huge environments.

ElRazur
August 3rd, 2007, 15:50
Im sure, I read recently that a racing game had to make several amendments to the in-game weather due to disk size issues. Im sure someone would dig it out.

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2007, 16:01
Theres a huge difference between making a racing game, and a game with huge environments.

but the point is no developer (thats working on the 360) has criticised the DVD format. Some have criticised MS and the 360 for other things (and rightly so) but not the DVD format. It just seems to me that is this Fanboy BS, "oh blue-ray is so much bigger than DVD, so PS3 much be better"

Kramer
August 3rd, 2007, 16:25
Blame the Xbox360. From what some reliable folks over at the Official PS Boards has said, Rockstar has had to make some cuts to the game so it can fit on a DVD.

Whether its true or not, I don't know. But had Rockstar only have to develop for the PS3, we'd have GTAIV already...

More likely it was delayed so they could finish porting it too the PS3:rofl:.

Darksaviour69
August 3rd, 2007, 21:18
PlayStation 3 complications caused GTA IV delay - analyst (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27326)

Analyst Michael Pachter believes Rockstar has delayed the release of Grand Theft Auto IV because it is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3.

And the Xbox 360 version of the game has suffered at least a six month delay as a result, due to contractual obligations that will have prevented the publisher from releasing the game first on Microsoft's machine, says the analyst.

lol ;)

Tree
August 3rd, 2007, 22:38
,,, i cant belive dis ... rockstar used 2 b the best ... b4 they got involed wid MS ... im startin 2 think dwn on em ... i used 2 neva b able 2 say one bad thing about them!

DPyro
August 3rd, 2007, 23:09
PlayStation 3 complications caused GTA IV delay - analyst (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27326)

lol ;)

Michael Pachters an idiot.

I don’t think there are four million people in the world who really want to play online games every month

Darksaviour69
August 4th, 2007, 04:59
Michael Pachters an idiot.

I don’t think there are four million people in the world who really want to play online games every month

point taken ;)

Man
August 4th, 2007, 05:41
Who gives a F**k the game will still be fun, it will still be bought buy the millions, so what if this hole PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 thing goes on for-ever, there both close to the same price and quality, as far as im concered, it doesnt really matter, all it comes down to is prejudice against one system or the other, now that the PS3 price has dropped, i can see people buying them.