PDA

View Full Version : The thirty gadgets that all men need to own during their lifetime

wraggster
October 29th, 2013, 12:37
Of the millions of gadgets on the market, there are thirty pieces of kit that all men should own during their lifetime, according to a survey by London consumer tech event Gadget Show Live @ Christmas, which takes place at Earls Court on 1-3 November.

The 3,900 UK gadget fans taking part in the survey were asked to vote for the tech that no man (or man cave) should go without in his teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and over 50s. The results are as follows:

Teens
· iPod dock/Wireless music player
· Bottle opener
· Smartphone
· Nerf gun
· Nintendo Wii games consoles
· Laptop
20s
· iPad
· Lazy Boy gaming chair
· PlayStation 4
· Hair clippers
· Mini drinks fridge
· Digital camera
30s
· TIVO
· Head torch
· Power tools
· Sat Nav
· Leatherman/multipurpose penknife
· Digital SLR camera
40s
· Heated loo seat
· Gas BBQ
· Nose/ear hair trimmer
· All in One remote control
· 84inch LED TV
· Xbox One

Over 50s
· Metal detector
· Sit on lawnmower
· Digital radio
· Leaf-blower
· Golf buggy
· E-reader

“I love this list!” said Gadget Show presenter Jason Bradbury. “I can totally relate to it, especially the craving for power tools – I can’t live without my Dremmel mini saw.

“If I could add to it though, it would be a skateboard for teenagers and a gadget that every man should own but hasn’t even been invented yet - a robotic pram rocker to send babies to sleep. My digital life in my 30s was massively disrupted by crying babies and a gadget like that would have been a Godsend.”

Gadget Show Live @ Christmas takes place at Earls Court in London on 1-3 November and tickets are on sale now at <gp_link type="http" loc="//www.gadgetshowlive.net">www.gadgetshowlive.net</gp_link> (http://www.gadgetshowlive.net/). Jason Bradbury – along with his Gadget Show co-presenters Pollyanna Woodward and Jon Bentley – will present a spectacular hour-long entertainment show in the Super Theatre each day.