PDA

View Full Version : LightMP3 v1.4.0

gelon
August 4th, 2007, 19:13
Sakya (http://sakya.altervista.org/new/index.php?mod=none_lightmp3) has released a new version of the impressive MP3 Player for the PSP:

Heres whats new

-Added: Audioscrobbler log (disabled by default look a the settings file).
The app writes a .scrobbler.log file you can upload to your last.fm account through this page:
http://paulstead.com/scrob/
-Added: Settings (CPU/BUS clock, EQ) are saved in the file settings
-Added: you can switch from old or new volume boost method.
Default is new method.
Check the settings file(it's commented).
-Added: display of instant bitrate
-Added: Playing a single file will actually play the directory (starting from the selected file)
-Added: the app is a little lighter, you can lower cpu 2/3 mhz more (if not using EQ or volume boost).
Many mp3 of mine are now playing good with the cpu at 65/67mhz (with 1.3.0 was 70mhz)
-Fixed: File without ID3 now display filename in playlist
-Fixed: Trying to open a file too big will show an error (and not make the app crash)
-Fixed: The app now correctly exits pressing HOME.
-Fixed: some bugs in the playlist editor (removing the last song, clearing the playlist)

Great news about the best Mp3 Player for PSP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 20:11
so. its better than the psp itself???

gelon
August 4th, 2007, 20:14
so. its better than the psp itself???

It plays Mp3 files with 65 MHZ instead of 222 MHZ ... this means 12-14 hours of play

The XMB player may plays 6-8 hours

Apoklepz
August 4th, 2007, 20:22
Hohohooooo....that's pretty sweet. I'm getting this. Thanks.

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 20:26
so its sbout battery saving???

Gene
August 4th, 2007, 20:27
It plays Mp3 files with 65 MHZ instead of 222 MHZ ... this means 12-14 hours of play

The XMB player may plays 6-8 hours

6-8 if you are damn lucky. In xmb more like 4-5 hours at best.(for me at least)

In this app, with backlight and lcd off, I've gone through a full, on and off day of listening to music on a road trip, with my psp at half battery.

this program is worth it for anyone who listens to music on psp.

Sakya this is a great app. keep it up!

DarthPaul
August 4th, 2007, 20:36
Or you can underclock your PSP with the latest M33 to 100MHZ or 20MHZ and have like 238223802183323231232132 hours of music.:p

But I'm getting this to give it a try!

gelon
August 4th, 2007, 20:43
Or you can underclock your PSP with the latest M33 to 100MHZ or 20MHZ and have like 238223802183323231232132 hours of music.:p

But I'm getting this to give it a try!

You ever have more time of playing 65 MHZ instead of 100 :rolleyes:

On 20-100 XMB dont work, the default CPU speed of the XMB is 222 mhz, in 100 mhz maybe works, but i dont know (and forgot to play 128 Mp3 ofcourse)

And as say as before, you can turn off the screen, the audio controller still working

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 20:45
sweet, you guys convinced me XD

Airdevil
August 4th, 2007, 22:04
You ever have more time of playing 65 MHZ instead of 100 :rolleyes:

On 20-100 XMB dont work, the default CPU speed of the XMB is 222 mhz, in 100 mhz maybe works, but i dont know (and forgot to play 128 Mp3 ofcourse)

And as say as before, you can turn off the screen, the audio controller still working

I can get my XMB down to 33mhz and play mp3s that way. Using a plugin for 3.40 OE. But as you would expect its very slow to change song if u dont follow the track order.

This program is a quicker alternative though, i like this program a lot. Mainly for the volume boost :)

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 22:09
volume boost??? lol

Airdevil
August 4th, 2007, 22:12
yeah when your playing an mp3 you can press up and down to boost/lower the volume past what the psp usually plays the volume at. Dont boost it too much though.

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 22:14
i know what you mean... gets all static and its not good for earphones or headphones

DarthPaul
August 4th, 2007, 22:18
This kind of applications aren't good for me.. the format I use for my songs is OMG audio. Darn,none application supports it. :(

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 22:24
why the "Oh My God" files, make it mp3 or aac man...

DarthPaul
August 4th, 2007, 23:04
Because OMG is much smaller and easier to manage. :D

lilcrazyaznboy
August 4th, 2007, 23:09
Hey Sakya, how do you change the boost setting???.. And can you explain to me what is a CPU and BUS Mean???.. And what is the best number to setup??? BTW... I love this release..

MicroNut
August 4th, 2007, 23:10
A nice refinement of a great app.
Feels almost perfect now.

I cant go much below 70Mhz without distortion anyway
considering most of my mp3's are 192-320kbit :)

Thank You

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 23:14
yeah. mine are also 192 and above...

sakya
August 5th, 2007, 00:01
Hi! :)

Hey Sakya, how do you change the boost setting???.. And can you explain to me what is a CPU and BUS Mean???.. And what is the best number to setup??? BTW... I love this release..
Many thanks. :)
To change the boost type open the file settings (created the first time you launch the app).
Change the line

BOOST=NEW
with

BOOST=OLD

BUS at 54 mhz is ok, CPU depends on the bitrate.
My VBR 128kbit plays fine at 67mhz (without boost and eq on), with EQ on 70mhz, ...just try...

Ciaooo
Sakya

acn010
August 5th, 2007, 00:07
lol... cool XD

lilcrazyaznboy
August 5th, 2007, 00:29
Hahahaha, Thanks sakya... That was easy. Yeah, Most of my mp3's are in 128kbit Too, So i guess imma change the bus and cpu to your speed... Thanks.. Im loving this application..

It just need fast forward, and rewind.. And fix the shuffle like the psp(Which i've been telling you about since version 1.2 was release).. Other than that.. Thanks man..*Way better than your previous version*...

DarthPaul
August 5th, 2007, 00:54
Hey people,you can convert your MP3's to 64kbit even to 32kbits using Sony's PSP Media Manager,I used to do that,but it's easier the OMG audio. :cool:

Robert de Clair
August 5th, 2007, 21:01
Sakya: now light is a best mp3 player for psp :)

did you think about other sound formats like ogg, flac, ... and trackers like xm it mod okt, or sid :)

i know it's my personal wish ;) one light ultimate player for many formats :)

acn010
August 5th, 2007, 22:11
Hey people,you can convert your MP3's to 64kbit even to 32kbits using Sony's PSP Media Manager,I used to do that,but it's easier the OMG audio. :cool:

Oh-My-God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stop using such file and use mp3's!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Prasoc
August 6th, 2007, 00:39
most of mine are 320 kbps (cd quality) it uses up a bit more but it is a really good sound

lilcrazyaznboy
August 6th, 2007, 02:02
Wow, 320 kbps???.. Musta sound really good as hell, but it takes up too much space.. Lol... Lets say you have a song that plays 4 min. long.. Your mp3 size would be about 9 megabytes. For my 128 kbps .. I can fit 2 songs and a half with 9 megabytes. But i understand it's all about the sound quality.. Lol.
(Hey sakya, any remarks about my comments above).. Your application are going to be so perfect...

sakya
August 6th, 2007, 18:18

(Hey sakya, any remarks about my comments above).. Your application are going to be so perfect...
Thanks. :)
Are you asking for the shuffle to be fixed?
I'll fix it some day (shouldn't be that difficult)...now I'm on vacation. ;)

Ciaooo
Sakya

lilcrazyaznboy
August 8th, 2007, 02:40
Im asking for the shuffle to be fix, so when i back shuffle, it play the song that it played before, and if you can implement a fast forward and rewind?. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 5, 10, and 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature?..(That would be awesome)..... Ok Sakya, I am going to check up on this thread in 3 more weeks... Have a great time on your vocation... Cya.....

sakya
August 9th, 2007, 16:56

Im asking for the shuffle to be fix, so when i back shuffle, it play the song that it played before, and if you can implement a fast forward and rewind?. Have a great time on your vocation... Cya.....
Many thanks. :)
I'll surely fix the shuffle so you can go back.
For fast forward and rewind: adding fast forward should be very easy, but not rewind.
libMad doesen't allow to go back in the stream, so to have rewind done I'd have to add buffering/streaming before. :)
I'll surely try... ;)

Ciaooo
Sakya

sakya
August 28th, 2007, 12:41

Sorry for the double post....
Just to announce I've released version 1.4.1

Changelog:
-Added: in the file browser you can activate USB (press SELECT)
-Fixed: display didn't turn on (if turned off with START) when playlist or directory finish.
-Fixed: bug if you're using mp3s without ID3 (or only ID3v2). --> Error opening file
-Fixed: shuffle. Now pressing L will go back to previous track

You can download it here:
http://sakya.altervista.org/new/index.php?mod=none_lightmp3

Ciaoooo
Sakya