PDA

View Full Version : Brave Story: New Traveler US Version

wraggster
August 4th, 2007, 23:51
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_Brave_Story__New_Traveler_US_Version.html ?aff_id=24)

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0616-BRAVE-STORY-NEW-TRAVELER-US-L.jpg

On a day that starts out like any other, an 11-year-old boy's life is changed forever. As the main character and his friend Miki pass a leisurely afternoon, Miki suddenly collapses from an unknown illness. When the girl shows no sign of waking, the main character grows distraught over not being a better friend and not having the means to save her. Suddenly, a strange voice offers him a second chance: "Beyond the door you can change your destiny!" He soon leaves the real world and journeys to the world of Vision, where, as a novice "Traveler," he will surmount myriad ordeals in hopes of ultimately meeting with the Goddess of Fortune to have a single wish granted. Take on the role of an original main character and work through a story featuring Wataru, Meena and the rest of the main Brave Story cast. The game's turn-based battle system focuses on three concepts from the original story: bravery, growth and friends. As you attack your enemies, you build up a Brave Power meter, which indicates your courage. Once maxed out, you can perform a special attack. You build up your weapons by collecting gems and can even perform combination attacks with your two battle companions.

DarthPaul
August 5th, 2007, 00:50
Currently playing this!
I could recommend this to any RPG lover! It's said to be the best original RPG for PSP so far,and I believe that.

falcon212
August 5th, 2007, 01:33
Currently playing this!
I could recommend this to any RPG lover! It's said to be the best original RPG for PSP so far,and I believe that.
I agreed with you ! definitely the best RPG for PSP ! the battle, design characters, graphic are all great !!

9/10

Xanthier
August 5th, 2007, 01:47
I'm also currently playing it, and it's certainly the best RPG I've played on the PSP. The graphics are impressive and the story is good. Not only that but it has quick loading times, which is always a plus with random battles.

Solidsnake3000
August 5th, 2007, 02:03
I agree this game is good and all but I'm still playing
Tales of the world radiant mythology

Veskgar
August 5th, 2007, 02:08
Yup, definitely a top RPG for the PSP. I've played the Japanese release months ago but did not get very far. I had long hoped for an English release and now its hear. This is a must have for me and I'm sure lots of others feel the same way.

Unlike the slow summer last year for the PSP (Aside from Tekken & Valkyrie Profile Lenneth) - this summer has been very good regarding PSP game releases.

And there are still many great games scheduled for release in the next few weeks.

VFerg
August 5th, 2007, 02:15
Wow ive never heard so many positive comments on a game like this before. I have seen a few things on the game and it looked great, Guess I will actually pick this game up if people say its that great. It will be the first game for PSP in over a year that I will purchase.

blackrave
August 5th, 2007, 02:28
It has 80 points at Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/bravestorynewtraveller) at typing time, which is very good. Here's an excerpt from the 1UP review (who usually are pretty strict with scores):

Brave Story is a comfortingly familiar type of RPG that still feels fresh, thanks to the strength of its characterization, the attention to detail, the swift pace of battles and quests, and the technological proficiency of its load times.
They give it 90/100 points.

Since it seems many people buy and like the game so much, and since it gets so good reviews, maybe it's worth a purchase!

VFerg
August 5th, 2007, 02:36
Oh and if you didnt know it was an anime movie that came out several months ago as well. I would say check it out, it was not the best movie ever but had an alright story.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2879

Joe88
August 5th, 2007, 04:10
its a pretty good game
playing atm

g00gy
August 5th, 2007, 10:29
This is an excellent game. It is the best RPG out for the psp because it is original. IGN are stupid and fussy they only gave it a 7.4 i think. when will excellent PSP games ever gain acclaim.

any i waited for this ever since the japanese version so :D

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 5th, 2007, 10:37
playing it atm:) very original and very good, you got to love the grafix man!:) a must have !

mike_jmg
August 6th, 2007, 07:50
ok you convinced me, I'll check it out

mike_jmg
August 6th, 2007, 16:36
LOL

the dog's name is Kratos :rofl: