PDA

View Full Version : Zoom feature request for Mapthis/MapViewer. (or just a question)

sneaky101
August 5th, 2007, 06:07
Would it be possible to add a function that skips zoom levels (the little zoom bars in top left corner) depending if the map is present or not.

Say if I downloaded maps at x1024, x512, x64, x8, x2. and when I’m in map mode, and I press UP to zoom in from x64 to x8, it will go to x16 first and I get a whole pile of images saying that there is nothing available.
So yeah, any way to tell the brew to skip zoom levels that don’t exist?

Ps: thank you Deniska for this great app.

cydus21
August 5th, 2007, 07:05
woots i made this request sometime back.. i would really be great if its added

deniska
August 5th, 2007, 18:07
there is no easy / fast way for the program to know if the entire level is not there..

sneaky101
August 6th, 2007, 00:43
hmm, agreed. but what if it calculates the size of the map?
eg.
x8 is 40mb = zoom
x4 is 0mb = skip zoom to x2
type of thing?

sorry, if its annoying. i'm just throwing in ideas.
since its 400mb for South East Queensland (Australia) for all zoom modes, i kinda skipped some to reduse sizes.

Art
August 6th, 2007, 04:52
If you can compile the code it 'should' be easy to permanently remove any zoom level for ALL maps.
A plausable solution if SE_Qld is the only map you use.

I use the same map as you :) , but also want more detailed sat maps to use bushwalking,
so not a viable solution for some.

harpik
August 8th, 2007, 07:53
perhaps by adding a file in the map directory with the zoom levels to be skipped...

no file, no levels skipped

minli00
August 8th, 2007, 16:55
the levels were skipped when I downloaded a new map I downloaded yesterday. I didnt do it on purpose. but this morning when I checked the map on psp. the blank levels are disappear. I downloaded the map through GDML v0.417 advanced- deselect 1x. hope it helps.

cydus21
August 9th, 2007, 15:18
the levels were skipped when I downloaded a new map I downloaded yesterday. I didnt do it on purpose. but this morning when I checked the map on psp. the blank levels are disappear. I downloaded the map through GDML v0.417 advanced- deselect 1x. hope it helps.

hmm i think wat we meant here is to skip the level on the guage completely not just removing the pictures in that level. like if u have no pictures on 4X the 4X level on will still be on the guage for now and we dun want it to be there. if u noe wat i mean

schnab
August 9th, 2007, 15:20
Is it possible to view downloaded maps on your pc? or is it just possible with mapthis?

MIB.42
August 9th, 2007, 17:00
Is it possible to view downloaded maps on your pc? or is it just possible with mapthis?

The GPSFS Utility Program provides you with basic viewing :

Download the latest one v0.2b from here:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=468155&postcount=63

( fyi, it is a lot more than just a viewer, you can convert / tailor / reduce your maps... )

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 18:06
gmdl has this feature too.. somewhere in test mode...