PDA

View Full Version : PSP Galery Demo (Dungeons Engine 2)

wraggster
August 5th, 2007, 23:09
News/release from Charnold (http://caweb.de/caweb/psp%20gallery%20demo.html)

I've made a small demo with my new Dungeons engine (maybe I'll make some game out of it).

DE2 renders colored lightmaps and more complex 3d objects (not just blocks like the first engine). And now you can look up and down :-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Uberman
August 6th, 2007, 00:16
That really nice. :thumbup:

Do you plan on making it open source?

acn010
August 6th, 2007, 00:19
lol... ilove myself X]
its a great app

PSPdemon
August 6th, 2007, 00:42
* me goes and starts investigating the possibilites of moddability :) *

this is really a nice engine and i think that alot of people willl be interested when it fleshes out...

Im certainly interested enough i might go back into modding :P

Hope to see more work from you soon :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ICE
August 6th, 2007, 02:03
yeah someone needs to get to work with this thing lol.
nice job man.

Buddy4point0
August 6th, 2007, 02:12
the first doungens engine was awsome, does this one support inclines and jumping, if possible this could make an amazing fps.

siulmagic
August 6th, 2007, 04:18
this looks great lets hope hes make a game out of it heh very nice job charnold

Murdock
August 6th, 2007, 08:07
hmm, this looks great. I hope it's stable if u build larger maps, too. Is it? :)

I mean the pictures have a pretty good look, I mean the resolution is pretty high. Did he do this with LTE 3d Engine? I mean it could be ... :) that'd be kinda great since this seems to be a good engine, very fast and stable, as far as I heard.

So let's just hope we'll see some modding friendly engine, maybe with a map-editor or whatever :)

And the other guy b4 is right, jumping and crouching would be nice, eventhough kinda tricky to implement. Where do u put the those functions?

Ah, and another suggestion IF this is gonna be a future game:

Implement a menu in which one can configure the buttons. I always kinda hate games with fixed buttons :mad:

But as I said: Very nice! :thumbup:

[EDIT]: I can see those pictures in the "textures" folder and I can open them. But I can't open this one calles "lighttexture*.* (don't know the entire name. Is it somehow scrambled? I mean crypted or whatever?

Tesseract
August 6th, 2007, 08:57
If you can make a level editor as easy-to-use as perhaps TimeSplitters, this could be quite awesome.

dj2005
August 6th, 2007, 08:57
He will be releasing a true map editor once it is finished (seems almost done from what I've saw). Here's more information: http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-psp-galery-demo-dungeons-engine-2-116844.html

Axelius
August 6th, 2007, 13:04
This look REALLY good. At first I thought this was the game menu but in fact it was INGAME!!
I really appreciate that it is now possible to look up and down. I hope it is possible to climb stairs and things like that so that a level contains several heights.
If this is possible, then this is a ÜBER-PSP-Homebrew-Engine!