PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial NesterJ NES Emulator 1.11 RM (Rewind and Mirror Mods)

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 06:32
News/release from DaveX:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z263/satsuih/SMB3_mirror.gif

Unofficial NesterJ NES Emulator 1.11 RM (Rewind and Mirror Mods)

Hi everyone!

This unofficial version was ready a little time ago, but I didn't want to
release it without Mr. Ruka's approval first. He kindly agreed, so all my
thanks goes to that great developer.

Like I did with RIN GB/GBC emulator, I have added two new features to NesterJ 1.11
NES emulator:

1) Rewind
2) Mirror mode

It's like probably that you know what rewind and mirror mods are, but if in case
you don't, let me quote myself from the readme of RIN release:

"...With rewind (or "sands of time", if you prefer) you can warp back in time
without worrying about saving states. If you made a mistake, you can press
"rewind" button and undo it...."

"...In mirror mode, like it's name says, all graphics are horizontally inverted.
So, if your favorite platform game is played from left to right,
this time you can have the choice of playing it from right to left,
giving it a little novelty touch..."

In this version, rewind key is mapped to "RTRIGGER" by default, but you can reasign
it in KEY CONFIG menu. Mirror mode can be selected in GRAPHICS CONFIG->SCREEN SIZE
item menu.

I also added a minor feature. This one is a new color palette, a "sepia" palette,
for even a more vintage look to all your favorite games. This palette can be selected
in GRAPHICS CONFIG->DEFAULT PALETTE TYPE item menu.

Greetings to all of you.

DAVEX

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via davex (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1716319&postcount=1)

SnoopKatt
August 6th, 2007, 06:42
Nice.

Chameleon
August 6th, 2007, 06:44
yes, finally mario brothers 3 backwards!!!!!!

ICE
August 6th, 2007, 07:01
yes, finally mario brothers 3 backwards!!!!!!

yes since it first came out ive been saying to everyone "wouldnt this be even greater backwards??" lmao.

ryoga9kaji
August 6th, 2007, 07:37
Woa!! that's rock! Davex

Zombo
August 6th, 2007, 08:06
NES! DVR Style! O_O

Joe88
August 6th, 2007, 08:13
yes since it first came out ive been saying to everyone "wouldnt this be even greater backwards??" lmao.

lol

it just doesnt feel right imo
same with the Rin RM :(

dazman
August 6th, 2007, 08:25
Great someone who can program that thinks like me, i have seen a twist beofre that looked great, what do you guys think.

How about being able to give a 2d game like manic miner depth say 10 pixels and then be able to rotate any angle around the central carector, also to be able to zoom in and out, imagine you could play manic miner from the point of view of looking from his eyes.

Great work btw

osgeld
August 6th, 2007, 08:27
im sure its most appreciated by anyone who has ever written anything that you asked permission before release

:cool:

PlagueMusic
August 6th, 2007, 08:42
cool, there's alot of other open source emus you can add this mod too including snes :D

SmashinGit
August 6th, 2007, 08:59
Great features, what an excellent idea.

BurningRage
August 6th, 2007, 09:13
could you also add a mirror option so that you can play mario or whatever upside down? now that would be freaky =)

Airdevil
August 6th, 2007, 09:30
Great someone who can program that thinks like me, i have seen a twist beofre that looked great, what do you guys think.

How about being able to give a 2d game like manic miner depth say 10 pixels and then be able to rotate any angle around the central carector, also to be able to zoom in and out, imagine you could play manic miner from the point of view of looking from his eyes.

Great work btw

You do realise an emulator wouldnt be able to do that. A ROM image would have to be hacked and edited in order for that to work. And thats even if the NES hardware can support such a mod.

Buddy4point0
August 6th, 2007, 09:49
i have a question. in mirror mode are the controls flipped around as well? because that would be extreamly hard to play if there not

geise69
August 6th, 2007, 12:20
I first noticed this feature in nesDS. The rewind feature was kinda nice. Now I see this emulator does it as well. I guess this feature is going to be common in other emulation releases in the future. It is quite nice even though it's cheating, but what the hell right? :)

jinqui242
August 6th, 2007, 12:47
It's Prince of Persia integrated into Mario. :)

Cap'n 1time
August 6th, 2007, 14:27
Dude, It's Like A Totally Different 80's Game Now!!!11!1one

pkmaximum
August 6th, 2007, 16:02
Pretty kool, but is this even the latest release of the NESTER J emulator? Cause I enjoy my ad hoc play with some friends (when we actually get around to it) =P

:::::::::PS:;;::::

900 Posts ! =)

Psyberjock
August 6th, 2007, 16:44
Awesome! I was hoping this feature would come to other emulators! Thanks! If you really want to add it to others, please do a NeoGeoCD emulator!!

Keep up the good work!

wolfpack
August 6th, 2007, 17:48
we should rename the modded emulator to NesterJ's Sands of Time :p

despoteuodia
August 6th, 2007, 18:39
kay, sands of time sounds very useful. but whenever i try to use it... psp crashes... :(
any ideas/solutions?

psman
August 6th, 2007, 20:40
unique idea

dazman
August 7th, 2007, 14:51
I guess but it would be kinda cool don't you think?

xlsound
August 7th, 2007, 21:44
people i need a little help please, qhere do i put the nes roms? can the roms be compressed with winrar?

i'm using 3.52m33-2 if it helps someone to help me

xg917
August 7th, 2007, 21:58
u can zip them. and u put the roms in the folder u downloaded with the eboot in it

xlsound
August 7th, 2007, 22:08
thanks a lot it worked :D

emuking
August 7th, 2007, 23:29
prince of mushroom kingdom?

djbrotherson
August 8th, 2007, 03:06
For some reason my emulator freezes whenever i activated the R for the rewind and how do I use the mirror??

Mark30001
August 8th, 2007, 06:22

Great work btw

LoL, that wouldn't even be called coding anymore but instead magic!

Nice release.

Joe88
August 8th, 2007, 07:05
my PSP just crashes when I push R

oh well...

satsuih
August 13th, 2007, 11:02
The emulator has been updated to fix some bugs and crashes.

Check link below:
Original release source (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-releaseunofficial-nesterj-nes-emulator-111-rm-rewind-and-mirror-mods-116898.html)

djbrotherson
August 22nd, 2007, 03:38
How do I use the mirroring?

Chameleon
August 22nd, 2007, 03:43
go into the sreen adjustment settings and youll find it there..

( boot a rom and move the analog stick)

PS- their is a newer version of this mod available!!

http://dl.qj.net/Unofficial-NesterJ-NES-Emulator-1.11-RM-V1.0-updat-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/14324/catid/151

djbrotherson
August 22nd, 2007, 03:52
like the graphics config?

all I see is

Extend sprites mode
Black and white mode
Default palette type
Screen size
Wait for vblank(vsync)

which menu is it?

djbrotherson
August 22nd, 2007, 03:52