PDA

View Full Version : Team Wildcards OE Custom Firmware Source Code Released!

woop
August 6th, 2007, 08:49
Team Wildcard has today been forced to release the sourcecode to their work on updates to Dark Alexs OE Firmware, heres their news:

We had to release our work because of a leak done by a lame website which we wont name in order not to bring visitors there. This work was a full 3.10 and 3.40OE reverse done by us as well as new features for a future custom firmware which was meant to be closed source. this lame site hacked one of our account using a flaw in the maxconsole database which is far from beeing safe. and made it look like some of our group did the job.

Beside their leak contained copyrighted files used for reverse purposes ( which we removed in our released )

We are now considering several options such as stopping our project thanks to their lame action, or even sue them for DMCA infringement. They are a disgrace for the psp scene and if we do release anything we will make sure that they cannot host any of our future releases. I hope that other developers ( especially M33 ) will stand with us against such a threat, now and in the future.

Thanks for your support,

The Wildcard team.

Digg This News (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Source_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Source_Released

It seems a lamer site has hacked into another sites database and forced this move, its very sad that the owners of the site in question are even in the PSP Scene at all. Sites that promote warez and hack other sites and change releases by adding their own splashscreens and also include their own urls/read me files into releases are the real disgrace to any scene. Team Wildcard and Team M333 have done some great work on reversing the work started by Dark Alex and co.

Lets hope a release does come soon and we see an end to the idiots at the site we do not want mentioned here.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Nicko01
August 6th, 2007, 12:55
Wow, it is really the src!
Where did you find this?

-Xandu-
August 6th, 2007, 12:59
Post the source of this information here.

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 17:22
newspost edited by me and uploaded the proper soucre files

mikebeaver
August 6th, 2007, 17:34
I take it all back, props for finding this :)

Mike..

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 17:39
its not a fake, the original source was leaked by crappy ps2ownz or whatever they call themselves, this file i uploaded was the file Team Wildcard wanted on websites.

Sad that the lamers from the PS2 Scene are at it again on the PSP Scene

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 17:39
the files above too, cant ya see it :P

mikebeaver
August 6th, 2007, 18:09
Wraggster: file wasnt there when i posted the original :P its ok, i changed my post now.

I feel that "The site that cant be named" are taking the F*&%ing micky out of people by raiding this and releasing it, it's not like it was finished so whats the point, they have just upset the dev's and now we may or may not see what Team WilDCarD could have done with a custom firmware.

If the source was to be made public then I am sure they would have been openly discussing this, as it is being done very secretively behind closed doors that site just thought they could get some more visitors from doing this, I am personally disgusted by it!!!

Mike..

Shrygue
August 6th, 2007, 18:23
Hmmm, the source code for the custom firmware is with us huh? I'll check this out...

Buddy4point0
August 6th, 2007, 19:57
thats terrible! u guys got hit hard. well if u do quit i hope m33 will use this and add some of the features u talked about. seriously sry man

jurkevicz
August 6th, 2007, 20:43
Man, that sucks. I hope something good comes out of this mess.

psp411
August 6th, 2007, 21:54
wow... thats a kick in the ass for all of us... if they stop their cfw development, we lose yet more coders of cfw. the homebew scene is lookin pretty grim compared to the "golden ages"(way back when psp first got hacked and every step forward for any app was greatly appreciated by the people). The psp homebrew scene is becomming flooded with jerks...

team wildcard, i hope you continue development for your cfw...looks very promising :D :cool:

woop
August 7th, 2007, 01:36
I had no idea it was leaked, thats disgusts me. my friend sent it to me said he found it on some site. Thanks for editing my post wraggster and making it legit. But hopefully team wildcard will keep the great work up.

axe1920
November 25th, 2008, 07:16
It's great. I could peek the secret of PSP.

Shrygue
November 25th, 2008, 18:01
This news is over a year old, please do not bump dead threads like this one.