PDA

View Full Version : Dosbox V0.7.1 06/08/2007 - DOS Emulator For PSP

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 17:03
CrazyC (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3179&start=270) has posted up a new binary of his Dos Emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted:

I've put up a new binary and patch that fixes the issues with audio that I know about, fixes dos navigator (as a bonus the mouse works better now as that was the source of the problem), fixes the home button (was an mistake on my part), allows for aspect ratio correction to 4:3 (aspect=true in the config), and uses the extra ram as above, now the system ram can be up to 8MB

Download Links

0.71 patch (http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/dosbox.patch.gz)
0.71 binary (rename to EBOOT.PBP if you have to) (http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/dosbox)
0.71 conf file (http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/dosbox.conf)

Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

wolfpack
August 6th, 2007, 18:29
after this program is finished the psp will become the ultimate portable homebrew device. :D

gelon
August 6th, 2007, 18:37
Mi EBOOTED 1.5/1.0

LINKS (http://s1.massmirror.com/9fc703c56bf6bb307413673f4723f7da.html)

dgila
August 6th, 2007, 20:29
how can I take screenshots with the psp?

SpacemanSpiff
August 6th, 2007, 22:05
You're gonna confuse a lot of people with the European date formatting, lol. People are gonna see 06/08 and think that this was released two months ago.

andwhyisit
August 7th, 2007, 01:17
I see nothing wrong with the date formatting, and everyone can see the date it was posted here, so what's the problem, do you format your date's like this:
mm-dd-yyyy
personally I think that this format:
dd-mm-yyyy
is better because it is easier to order as part of a filename.

bah
August 7th, 2007, 08:43
Only Americans are crazy enough to swap the day and month around but keep the year at the end, its just illogical and confusing, you increment the middle figure, then the first, then the last......

For human consumption obviously DD-MM-YYYY makes the most sense as its in order, for a computer thats sorting by a text field without taking that its a date into account, then YYYY-MM-DD would be best (and is the ISO standard).

Standards for dates. (http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/software/isodates/index.html)

EDIT: I really should add, great work CrazyC :)

jamotto
August 7th, 2007, 09:06
Nice work CrazyC.

Only Americans are crazy enough to swap the day and month around but keep the year at the end, its just illogical and confusing, you increment the middle figure, then the first, then the last......

MM/DD/YYYY is sorted starting with least to greatest possible value, that's what makes it logical. It also allows us to be different from the rest of the world. ;)

Axelius
August 7th, 2007, 09:25
You're gonna confuse a lot of people with the European date formatting, lol. People are gonna see 06/08 and think that this was released two months ago.
Why should he confuse anybody, when somebody from Nottingham, England uses the European date formatting. (England is in Europe, you know...)

O-bake
August 7th, 2007, 11:37
This is the first time i'm trying this one, but it has no redme included.
i downloaded the "ebooted" version from gelon, but i end up in the dos environment.
no button seems to get me a vkeyboard or opens a file selevtor.
how can i put commands in there or even start an .exe?

dgila
August 7th, 2007, 11:47
MM/DD/YYYY is very confusing
the most logical way to write a date is DD/MM/YYYY

Great work this runs very well.
alone in the dark is very playable
Fuzzy's worl of miniature space golf is full speed without sound.
could anybody tell me how to make screenshots with dosbox on the psp?

blackrave
August 7th, 2007, 13:10
I'm also wondering .. I downloaded gelon's eboot (thanks a lot!), and all I end up with is the command-line environment where I have to type commands using the difficult keyboard. Videos I see at YouTube show a file manager where you just click to open a file. Can anyone please help O-bake and me?

Thanks for the release and the newspost, and to gelon for ebooting it.

And about the date formats: I wish everyone would use the same format, but I guess it's too late to change that now. I prefer DD/MM/YYYY or DD.MM.YYYY. It's logical that you see the day before month. For everyone to understand, you could use 6 August 2007, 6th August 2007, or August 6th 2007.

Update: I found out that by default, you should have a folder named dosbox in ms0:/PSP/COMMON, which DOSBox mounts automatically when you boot the application. Here is what my DOSBox does when it boots:

Z:\>SET BLASTER=A220 17 D1 H5 T6

Z:\>SYSOPT clock 333
CPU clock is 333Mhz

Z:\>mount c: ms0:/psp/common/dosbox
Drive C is mounted as local directory ms0:/psp/common/dosbox

Z:\>c:

C:\>cd dn151
Unable to change to: dn151

C:\>DN.COM
Illegal command: DN.COM

Does anyone have a clue what to do?

dgila
August 7th, 2007, 14:24
I'm also wondering .. I downloaded gelon's eboot (thanks a lot!), and all I end up with is the command-line environment where I have to type commands using the difficult keyboard. Videos I see at YouTube show a file manager where you just click to open a file. Can anyone please help O-bake and me?

Thanks for the release and the newspost, and to gelon for ebooting it.

And about the date formats: I wish everyone would use the same format, but I guess it's too late to change that now. I prefer DD/MM/YYYY or DD.MM.YYYY. It's logical that you see the day before month. For everyone to understand, you could use 6 August 2007, 6th August 2007, or August 6th 2007.

Update: I found out that by default, you should have a folder named dosbox in ms0:/PSP/COMMON, which DOSBox mounts automatically when you boot the application. Here is what my DOSBox does when it boots:

Z:\>SET BLASTER=A220 17 D1 H5 T6

Z:\>SYSOPT clock 333
CPU clock is 333Mhz

Z:\>mount c: ms0:/psp/common/dosbox
Drive C is mounted as local directory ms0:/psp/common/dosbox

Z:\>c:

C:\>cd dn151
Unable to change to: dn151

C:\>DN.COM
Illegal command: DN.COM

Does anyone have a clue what to do?

You can mount your own folder.
go to dosbox.conf in dosbox folder and change it at the end of the file.
you can create a .bat file to map the keys for example:

mount c: ms0:/msdos
cd dn151
keys.bat

you have to put dn151 in ms0/msdos folder and inside dn151 you have to create the keys.bat file, this file is just a text file with this inside:

@ECHO OFF
INPUTMAP up up
INPUTMAP right right
INPUTMAP down down
INPUTMAP left left
INPUTMAP triangle 1
INPUTMAP square y
INPUTMAP cross space
INPUTMAP circle n
INPUTMAP start enter
INPUTMAP select esc
INPUTMAP exec DN.COM

You have to put the .bat inside dn151 folder
now you have a navigator and you can play games whith directional keys
There is a program called norton comander is another navigator for dos
is faster tham dn151
:thumbup:

blackrave
August 7th, 2007, 15:30
Thanks a lot for the help, dgila. I still can't get DOS Navigator properly working, though. I get a screen stuck like this:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2987/screen1tb1.png

Running M33 3.52-2 (I doubt that has anything to do with it, though). Any more help would be great.

SpacemanSpiff
August 7th, 2007, 15:58
A lot of people will probably be confused because I would assume that at least half of this site's visitors are Americans, and a lot of them are still in grade school (or at least they post like it) and therefore probably wouldn't know that Euros use DD/MM/YY instead of MM/DD/YY, so throw in the fact that 06/08/2007 is a possible date using either format because its early in the month, a lot of people might think this topic is old and end up ignoring it. I'm not saying that either is better than the other but when you use one format your whole life you'll probably think its better than the format that you're not used to seeing.

kris threat
August 7th, 2007, 16:37
So...I'm just wondering why there is an argument about date formats. Does it really matter which is better or which makes sense...for that matter does it even have anything to do with the release itself? I don't even pay attention to the date on the releases anyway...and I don't think anybody else does either. You just simply click a link cause you haven't seen it before or the topic catches your eye...if you're worried about the date of the thread more than the release or news its talking about then there is something wrong with you. I dunno...just my two cents.

jvabbdac
August 7th, 2007, 18:09
What is the games already work in this emu ? DBase or clipper (for programer) work ? Thanks !

Malremore
August 16th, 2008, 19:45
the readme says to copy the dosbox into the ms base but I dont have a ms base on my psp. where can I get one??

Oh and I want to know if I convert it to an eboot somehow or if it is already in format.

P.S. Im running dark alexes 3.90 m33 firmware