PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar goes Sony Exclusive - GTA IV sequels all on PS3 & PSP

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 18:17
via digg (http://digg.com/playstation_3/Rockstar_goes_Sony_Exclusive_GTA_IV_sequels_all_on _PS3)

According to the cheatcc podcast R* will be going PS3/PSP exclusive. All upcoming titles other than those in production will be on the PS3 only. If this is true it could be a huge coup for Sony as it measn that all the GTA IV spin offs will be PS3 and PSP exclusive.

update: This is just a rumour, and not official.

VFerg
August 6th, 2007, 18:21
Wow thats some big news! And although I am excited to hear that I really doubt that this will hold true. I really think xbox will continue to get the games even if it means they arent released at the same time they will still see them months down the line. Big win for Sony though if its really true.

cloud_952
August 6th, 2007, 18:36
Capcom said RE4 was a Gamecube exclusive. Oh, and let's not forget how Rockstar said that Vice City Stories was never, ever going to come to the PS2 and was a PSP exclusive. =D I'll believe it when I see it.

DarthPaul
August 6th, 2007, 18:36
This - is - awesome!

Gene
August 6th, 2007, 18:37
GTA 4 for psp? That sounds too good to be true. I hope it is true though.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
August 6th, 2007, 18:38
Not sure if rockstar will benefit - Sony are probably paying them a nice amount though !

DarthPaul
August 6th, 2007, 18:41
GTA 4 for psp? That sounds too good to be true. I hope it is true though.

What are you talking about?
This means that the future Rockstar games will be for PS3/PSP exclusive,not the ones already in development,like GTA IV.

Cokemusic
August 6th, 2007, 18:44
GTA is the title thart sells consoles so it would make sense to make it PSP/PS3 Exclusive.

I won't be buying a watered down GTA for PSP when i'll be able to get stunning visuals and gameplay on the PS3, it wouldn't make sense.

DarthPaul
August 6th, 2007, 18:48
I won't be buying a watered down GTA for PSP when i'll be able to get stunning visuals and gameplay on the PS3, it wouldn't make sense.

Yeah it makes sense noob. You won't be taking your PS3 everywhere to play GTA,will you?
You mean that you won't buy any game for PSP or ever play anything on the PSP just because the PS3 looks better? Wow..

Shrygue
August 6th, 2007, 18:53
GTA for PSP as well? That sounds good. I wonder if you could do transfer your saved progress between the two consoles - i.e: work it up on PS3, send to PSP for playing further afield and back to PS3 when you get home and resume from PSP.

felonyr301
August 6th, 2007, 19:00
GTA 4 doesnt count cause its already in development like rockstar said only future ones could be exclusive. With the 360 it gets first dibs on the downloadable content too so GTA4 is out of the question.

jools
August 6th, 2007, 19:38
wtf is the point of that...

Boopop
August 6th, 2007, 19:44
What a rip. Rockstar's totally neglecting the platform that made them famous - the PC. I'm glad some companies - (I.E Valve) are more loyal to their fans.

dankbeats
August 6th, 2007, 19:46
Well at least sony is on the high end of the technology chain this time. It sucked when last gen's GTA game's graphics had to adhere to the lowest commom denomonator: the comparitively weak ps2

schoebey
August 6th, 2007, 19:47
someone posted this because it's been mentioned in some podcast. This is not official and most likely far from the truth.

Most likely, the guys doing that podcast mixed something up with the announcement of a ps3 exclusive (unnamed as of yet) game...

felonyr301
August 6th, 2007, 19:52
most likely too cause now most companies just want to make more money and now with the 360 having a bigger user base than the ps3 they would be stupid to make it only for the ps3 even if it sells ps3's it ownt make as much as actually having for both systems now.

justice23
August 6th, 2007, 20:36
What a rip. Rockstar's totally neglecting the platform that made them famous - the PC. I'm glad some companies - (I.E Valve) are more loyal to their fans.

it s not becouse iets ps3/psp exclusive that pc wont get gta games. It could be console exclusive for sony.

grudge1981
August 6th, 2007, 21:17
ill believe it when the source is something besides digg.... digg and shoutwire both great sites for some stuff but rumors get shouted and become headline news without any credible source for the info whatsoever

xg917
August 6th, 2007, 21:22
so GTA4 is comming out for psp as well??

Broadus
August 6th, 2007, 21:56
Man, I can't afford a friggin' PS3. I hope this ends up being more Sony bullcrap and that the XBOX 360 sees GTA releases.

Cokemusic
August 6th, 2007, 23:00
Yeah it makes sense noob. You won't be taking your PS3 everywhere to play GTA,will you?
You mean that you won't buy any game for PSP or ever play anything on the PSP just because the PS3 looks better? Wow..

Firstly where do you get of calling me a noob , I don't appreciate being flamed for saying my point of view.

I personaly wouldn't buy the same GTA for both titles , it would be too furstrating playing a watered down version of the same game, this probably isn't a problem for you as you enjoy playing 2D PSP homebrew games.

If you had actualy quoted me properly I said both gameplay and visuals were important , a PSP will lack both in comparison to PS3 so i'd rather play another title while i'm on the move and enjoy next gen GTA while i'm @ home on my HD tv.

Noob...

DarthPaul
August 7th, 2007, 00:08
Hahaha if you'll wait to see a GTA IV version for PSP you'll get roots.
This thread doesn't mention anywhere that a PSP version will come out,it just says that FUTURE[by future they mean games that are not even planned to be make] Rockstar games will be exclusive for Sony's consoles. So you won't have to buy the same games for both consoles because it just won't happen.
Oh and I'm not flaming,I just felt like saying noob to someone and you were the first noob I saw,sorry.

mike_jmg
August 7th, 2007, 18:14
was about time PS3 had an exclusive

Boopop
August 7th, 2007, 19:02
it s not becouse iets ps3/psp exclusive that pc wont get gta games. It could be console exclusive for sony.

What? Your post makes no sense.

Cokemusic
August 7th, 2007, 19:23
What? Your post makes no sense.

what he's trying to say is that the PC should or will be unaffected the GTA exclusivity to the PSP/PS3 since it's not really any major competition for the console.

emuking
August 7th, 2007, 23:25
so untrue, the reason its not going to come out this fall is because the ps3 version needs work so i doubt its become exclusive, anytime we have seen video of the game it has been from the 360 build, also psp wth the game is only going to be for ps3 and 360, such a hopeless rumor

xlsound
August 8th, 2007, 13:40
averybody knows that rockstar is having problems doing GTA IV for xbox360 simply because they use DVD and the game has to much information to a dvd with just as as 4.7GB even if they do the game for xbox in a DVD9 wich have 9GB the game doesn't fit into that, PS3 doesnt have problems with space a blue-ray with 50GB it's enough to run the game.. This is the main reason that GTA will turn a PS3 exclusive.

nhlhockey
August 9th, 2007, 04:38
That would be great. I always felt Rockstar sold out when they lifted the Playstation Exclusive for Grand Theft Auto a few years back.